MOUSASI: "Maybe I'll go to the UFC."

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » MOUSASI: "Maybe I'll go to the UFC."
emfleek
7/24/09 3:43:37PM
Gegard Mousasi has never fought in the United States before, and he was anxiously awaiting his opportunity to do so on August 1. He'll now have to wait a little longer.

STORY
teddythetuna
7/24/09 3:45:52PM
Gotta feel bad for the fighters. i was more pumped for the possibility of vitor vs fedor anyways but i guess its all scrapped now.
DevonFoxy
7/24/09 4:09:53PM
Mousasi should be madder at Affliction in my opinion. Affliction gave the fighters a day to be ready and then cancels the show because Affliction couldn't "promote a new fight to our standards". That's unacceptable imo and disrespects all the fighters that were on the card saying they aren't good enough because Fedor is fighting Barnett. A slap in the face to every fighter on the card and a slap to the face of the sport of MMA imho. Brett Rogers, King Mo Werdum, Monson the possibilities were there and interesting fights were there but they chose to cancel the show which is incredibly frustrating.

I understand you have to make money to survive as a company but also when you do business you have to have some back up plan for every situation. Its just a horrible job all around in the business of Affliction.
marcus1
7/24/09 4:14:02PM
They should put Mousasi vs Babalu on the Strikeforce card! That card was stacked but is losing a little bit of it's appeal with all these dropped fights.
sclasclemski
7/24/09 4:44:11PM
putting that fight on the Strikeforce card really makes alot of sense actually....although if Mousasi wins and its considered a title fight then that would prevent him from going to the UFC...which I would love to see

And from my perspective it sounds like he is mad at Affliction...a promotion that cancels a card completely because the entire thing hinged on one fight(granted its the main event, but still)...thats not the kind of promotion he or most of the fighters on that card should be fighting on regardless of the silly amounts of money they throw at the fighters
teddythetuna
7/24/09 4:51:24PM
The Babalu-Mousasi fight was the best fight on that card imo
Nightmare27
7/24/09 5:01:51PM
Im with Marcus. With Strikeforce losing Overeem and now the Riggs vs Diaz fight, they could use the fight on the main card. Although I hope they find Nick a replacement.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
7/24/09 5:11:07PM
I like this!!!!
Gogoplatapus
7/24/09 6:26:16PM
Well you'd think if he wants to be a UFC fighter it's pretty automatic. Assuming he's willing to make less than he would elsewhere. I hope this happens, so many great potential matches for him.
breakdown5
7/24/09 6:33:43PM
I would love to see Mousasi in the UFC. He could be a major player at LHW in the UFC and could definitely make a run at the title, no matter who holds the belt. This would be sweet. Maybe after his fight in Japan at DREAM 11, he will come to the UFC.

prozacnation1978
7/24/09 6:36:43PM
he should but if he does no more dream for him
sclasclemski
7/24/09 7:46:07PM
yeah he would have to I imagine finish out the superhulk tourney which I"m fairly confident he will win...after that who knows
mk1630
7/24/09 11:33:00PM
Hell bring them both to the UFC and have the fight there
mentalcase
7/25/09 12:23:25AM
mousasi vs franklin for ufc 103 how good would that be
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/25/09 9:16:01AM

Posted by mentalcase

gegard's stand up would be too much for ace to handle IMO, WAAAAAY to much
mentalcase
7/25/09 9:58:02AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by mentalcase

i dont think so at all it would be close
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/25/09 10:54:56AM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by mentalcase

i dont think so at all it would be close

u might be right if ace would decide to take it to the ground and work on some l'n'p or g'n'p but let's be honnest, Rich can't hang with K-1 level strikers anymore.
cowcatcher
7/25/09 11:29:11AM
i think rich's striking is excellent and a match between him and gegard would be very close whether it was on the ground or on the feet. that would be one hell of a matchup.
rcg916
7/25/09 12:22:11PM
Clearly, Affliction was a lot further in the hole with their MMA venture than they are letting on. This must have just been the straw that broke the camel's back.