Mousasi Gives Up DREAM Title, Mayhem vs. Souza Possible For Title

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mousasi Gives Up DREAM Title, Mayhem vs. Souza Possible For Title
DCRage
4/14/09 1:04:45PM
According to the TATAME website, DREAM Middleweight Champion Gegard Mousasi has vacated the title to move up to Light Heavyweight. A determination fight has apparently been made for DREAM 9 to crown a new champion, and it could be Ronaldo Souza vs. Jason Miller. But it likely depends on how Miller comes out of his fight this weekend against Kala Kolohe Hose.

Article
UFCmma666
4/14/09 1:41:03PM
haha WAR MAYHEM BULLY BEATDOWN hahahahahahhaa
Bowen50
4/14/09 1:59:37PM
i'm a big fan of both guys but i think Jacare is going to finish what JJFreak and i started . probably with a sub this time around.
xphycorx
4/14/09 2:06:44PM
mousasi should give a rematch to jacare before he moves up to lhw. there was a great deal of luck in that up kick that ko'd jacare.
Mayhem13
4/14/09 2:19:40PM

Posted by xphycorx

mousasi should give a rematch to jacare before he moves up to lhw. there was a great deal of luck in that up kick that ko'd jacare.

i dont know if i'd call it luck, he threw the upkick with the intention of landing the strike to Jacares face...so he did what he was intending to do.

i will say that i doubt it would happen again in a rematch, but it was what he was going for when he threw it...
Aaronno9
4/14/09 2:33:54PM

Posted by Mayhem13

Posted by xphycorx

i dont know if i'd call it luck, he threw the upkick with the intention of landing the strike to Jacares face...so he did what he was intending to do.

i will say that i doubt it would happen again in a rematch, but it was what he was going for when he threw it...

Ill probably go with Souza vs UD in the end

Might be tempted to pick Jason with a 3rd tko though, he was picking Souza apart towards the end of the last fight. We'll see.
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/14/09 2:52:05PM
IMO Mousasi's gonna be a beast wherever he goes in whatever weight class he chooses, look out 205er's the vagabond's a comin'

as for the fight well I HOPE mayhem takes it of course. I like both of em' though and my pick will probly be souza.
tberg420
4/14/09 3:43:06PM
The 1st fight between Mayhem & Souza was ungodly boring. Here's to hoping that something exciting happens in this one.
Twenty20Dollars
4/14/09 6:40:53PM
I guess the rematch makes sense if its going to be for a title.
DCRage
4/19/09 1:41:10PM
Mayhem won in under 2 1/2 minutes last night, so it's now a little more likely that the Souza fight at DREAM 9 will happen. Likely depending on when the contracts are finalized.
sclasclemski
4/19/09 11:38:22PM
Props to Dream for being proactive with there title...i think those company's need to involve their few title holders in these events...yes their tourney's are outstanding but shouldn't they be establishing their "champions" as well...
DCRage
4/20/09 7:17:56AM
It would help if they were able to find guys who wanted to stay in that weight class and not be pulling Anderson Silvas. It can work but for DREAM it's too early.

Also, Mayhem confirmed after his win over Hose that he's fighting for the DREAM title next. Didn't mention when but it sounds like DREAM 9 remains possible.
DCRage
4/23/09 6:46:28AM
Bump, the fight is now OFFICIAL.

Article