Motivation

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Motivation
HMA123
12/11/08 11:58:09AM
I love MMA, im sure we all do especialy since were on this site.. But some days i just dont wanna train, i have a hectic training schedule and i need to follw it.. But lately i have not been motivated to train as much, and by me just pushing myself day by day is just going to tire me out and im going lose interest.. Any ways you people motivate yourself to train..
aaa9erh8er
12/11/08 12:09:31PM
for me it came to a choice my main motivation was eating. once i couldnt do that by fighting i gave it up. im not saying quit but i am saying if your hearts not there. but just think how much pussy youll get when you make it to the ufc lol
dannyfrank
12/11/08 12:50:30PM
everyone has different motivations. people can try to motivate you, but in the end, it really comes down to you.
Sledge23
12/11/08 1:42:53PM
My biggest motivation is the people who tell me i cant be good.
Oh your to small to fight your not strong enough. If this isnt there for you you cant make that happen. but my desire to prove them wrong is motivation
seanfu
12/11/08 2:49:29PM
I'm really afraid of getting my ass kicked in front of people so that motivates me big time. I can't lose, too afraid lol. Running the extra mile or any of the un fun stuff. If you really want it so bad and you can make every day important instead of feeling like you're simply following a routune you'll see that every rep, mile, or hour of sparring counts.

If you can't make yourself feel that then I wouldn't botherfighting. Take some time off and see if you can feel that fire to get back into training. If it's not there it's not there.

I agree with the above too, haters give purpose man lol.

Really though, I love the sport of wrestling and I would wrestle the top guys in the room and do well. But my senior year rolled around and I wasn't even varsity. Being honest, I wasn't bad, but I had no desire to compete. I hated varsity. Hated chronic injuries and weekends spent waiting an hour for a match. No desire for competition.
Pitbull09
12/11/08 4:39:38PM
I always feel like the "runt" in any group I end up in. It's prob not always true but people don't give me a chance a lot of areas and it always has given me motivation. Weights and training has almost has been therapy for me in some weird way. I avoid gyms for weights as I like it to be just me with my thoughts but then for training, I enjoy going all out and proving my worth.

In a way, when I am not underestimated it doesnt help me but when I am, I feel like I have nothing to lose while at the same time need to prove everyone wrong.
Wolfenstein
12/11/08 9:15:06PM
I guess just my general love for the sport motivates me. If my gym weren't a half hour away I would be there every day all the time (when I'm not working).

If your heart's not there, and you're not excited about going to the gym, then definetely you might want to scale it back a little as anything less than 100% is unfair to yourself(because you're not enjoying it) and your training partners (because they're training with a guy who doesn't want to be there).

Maybe at this point you just have a little too much on your plate. Training takes a ton of your energy and focus. Sometimes we just need a break, till our plate's a little more empty proverbially speaking.

I would suggest taking some time off, and maybe just doing BJJ or stop it altogether for the time being. After a little while you'll either feel that tug, and want to get to the gym immediatley, or you won't.
4u2nv
12/12/08 9:12:39AM
Wow this is all helpful bc I feel the same way. Also I’ve had some nagging injuries that haven't healed. Only thing is I’m trying to work on my cardio and I feel if I don't go (even though I don’t really want to go) I’ll only get progressively worse than ever. Idk ur right in I don't deserve it nor does my training partner if I'm not willing to give it 100%.
The-Don
12/12/08 3:39:38PM
I train because for me its a release. At work I sell computers, at home I am daddy and a husband. At the gym I am just one of the guys. I get to be a man. I can talk a little bit of trash get and give a little pain.. push myself and not care what others thing. I am doing it because I enjoy it. I enjoy pushing myself to the limits of what I am able to do and then raising those limits. I simply do it for myself.
kamikaze15208
12/15/08 1:29:39AM
This might sound kind of dorky and arts and craftsish but I took a notebook and in it I am filling it with great mma quotes, philosophy and fighter quotes, my own accomplishments, newspaper clippings, articles of fave fighters, event posters I fight in, stories about my gym, sometimes I will log a training session, etc... Whenever I dont feel like training I ready the quotes and look at my past accomplishments and it motivates me. It helps remind me of why I train and why I love to compete. Just a suggestion and as time passes your personal book gets better and better.
The-Don
12/15/08 1:57:41PM
thats actually a pretty good idea, because when you do that there is something about each story or quote that spoke to you other wise you would not have saved it.. its a mental connection to a past moment when you were motivated and it brings back those feelings...

HMA123
12/15/08 2:15:40PM

Posted by kamikaze15208

This might sound kind of dorky and arts and craftsish but I took a notebook and in it I am filling it with great mma quotes, philosophy and fighter quotes, my own accomplishments, newspaper clippings, articles of fave fighters, event posters I fight in, stories about my gym, sometimes I will log a training session, etc... Whenever I dont feel like training I ready the quotes and look at my past accomplishments and it motivates me. It helps remind me of why I train and why I love to compete. Just a suggestion and as time passes your personal book gets better and better.

Good idea