Mosley vs. Mayorga (spoilers if you don't know results)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Mosley vs. Mayorga (spoilers if you don't know results)
Jackelope
9/28/08 1:23:13PM
Just some stupid thoughts on the fight- which was a pretty fun fight to watch. The first 3 rounds were way exciting but it kind of drug on throughout the middle. What a finish by Sugar Shane, though!

I was really surprised to see Mosley fall for the brawler fight in the beginning. There should have been no reason why he could lose that fight but in my opinion he played a risky game until his corner locked him down throughout the 3rd and 4th. All in all, though both fighters made for an exciting fight to watch.

After the fight they talked about Mosley vs. Cotto or vs. Margarito or vs. Berto, but I think all of those guys would KILL Mosley at this point in his career.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/28/08 2:19:45PM

Posted by Jackelope

Just some stupid thoughts on the fight- which was a pretty fun fight to watch. The first 3 rounds were way exciting but it kind of drug on throughout the middle. What a finish by Sugar Shane, though!

I was really surprised to see Mosley fall for the brawler fight in the beginning. There should have been no reason why he could lose that fight but in my opinion he played a risky game until his corner locked him down throughout the 3rd and 4th. All in all, though both fighters made for an exciting fight to watch.

After the fight they talked about Mosley vs. Cotto or vs. Margarito or vs. Berto, but I think all of those guys would KILL Mosley at this point in his career.

i agree w/ TS, im a huge Mosley fan & hes been great, but i hope he retires

he couldnt give any of those guys a good fight at this point
Trapt1nw0nder
9/28/08 2:20:58PM
Talk about a "Last second Knockout"...lol

Well this was Literally for those who dont know.... 2:59 in the 12th round..lol

Beautiful left hook out of nowhere landed flush on the chin!...I dont think Mosley has much of a chance against either one mentioned...even DLH.....Best one would be Berto......Berto IS like a young Mosley....Berto is pretty much all flash with no power...so i dont think "Kill" is a word to be used if Mosley fights Berto.....

DCRage
9/28/08 3:26:26PM
Mosley probably would've won anyway, the judges at the time had him winning by split decision. Mosley led by 1 point on 1 card, by 5 points on another card, Mayorga led by 1 point on another.
Jackelope
9/28/08 5:37:15PM

Posted by DCRage

Mosley probably would've won anyway, the judges at the time had him winning by split decision. Mosley led by 1 point on 1 card, by 5 points on another card, Mayorga led by 1 point on another.

Yeah that one who had it scored for Mayorga must have been Cecil Peoples

I agree with what somebody else said about Berto not having power, though. He'd be beaten to the punch the whole fight, though. Margarito, on the other hand, would kill Mosley. He's like a 1,000X better version of Mayorga Granite chin, always ready to brawl, and KO power