Moosin to Return in October; Kimbo vs. Pudzianowski Possible Main Event

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Moosin to Return in October; Kimbo vs. Pudzianowski Possible Main Event
emfleek
7/13/10 2:21:25PM
After a successful U.S. debut earlier in the year, the Moosin promotion is scheduling an Oct. 9 follow-up, which will take place in Chicago, MMA Fighting has learned.

Moosin executive Corey Fischer has confirmed the organization's intention for a second show, and said the current plans include bringing back previous headliners Tim Sylvia and Mariusz Pudzianowski, in separate fights.

If Moosin gets their way, they'll come to the Second City with Sylvia fighting 7-foot-2 Korean Hong Man Choi, and five-time "World's Strongest Man" Pudzianowski taking on popular former EliteXC and UFC star Kimbo Slice in feature bouts.

LINK
sbulldavid
7/13/10 2:38:16PM
As sideshow fights, I actually like those two fights, especially now that we know Mariusz's fatal flaw. And Silvia vs Choi will be action packed for as long as it lasts.
ncordless
7/13/10 2:40:22PM
In related news, Moosin announced that the fights will not be in a cage, nor a single ring. Instead Moosin is breaking new ground by staging the fights in a unique "three ring" format complete with trapeze artists overhead the entire time. Instead of the traditional ring girls, 15 clowns in a small car will be used. When asked what prompted this unique set up, a Moosin spokesperson said that they thought the three ring set up would better reflect their matchmaking.

Also, the rumored woman's match featuring the Bearded Lady is on hiatus pending DNA testing.

No word yet on a possible co-promotion with P.T. Barnum.
Jackelope
7/13/10 4:07:34PM
I only have one thing to say to this-

LOL
BlueSkiesBurn
7/13/10 4:13:44PM

Posted by ncordless

In related news, Moosin announced that the fights will not be in a cage, nor a single ring. Instead Moosin is breaking new ground by staging the fights in a unique "three ring" format complete with trapeze artists overhead the entire time. Instead of the traditional ring girls, 15 clowns in a small car will be used. When asked what prompted this unique set up, a Moosin spokesperson said that they thought the three ring set up would better reflect their matchmaking.

Also, the rumored woman's match featuring the Bearded Lady is on hiatus pending DNA testing.

This is the best thing I've read all day.
postman
7/13/10 4:15:08PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by ncordless

This is the best thing I've read all day.

Agreed!
seanfu
7/13/10 4:17:21PM
Well I like sideshows between fighters who are not elite in the sport.
DougPretty
7/13/10 5:03:21PM
Looks like kimbo might not be fighting pudzilla.

UPDATE: Kimbo Slice Not Fighting Mariusz Pudzianowski at Moosin in Chicago
copcopps
7/14/10 1:04:22AM

Posted by DougPretty

Nooooooo I wanted to see that I live in Chicagoi

cowcatcher
7/14/10 1:06:09AM

Posted by copcopps

Posted by DougPretty

Nooooooo I wanted to see that I live in Chicagoi

i honestly would have probably been there too, i must have a little japanese in me or something because im a sucker for the freak show type fights.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/14/10 1:16:31AM

Posted by cowcatcher

i honestly would have probably been there too, i must have a little japanese in me or something because im a sucker for the freak show type fights.

I can actually explain this to you, Cowcatcher. You see, the mouse that fell on you was really a rat named Splinter. Also, it wasn't dead, it infected you with a retromutagen that actually made you part Japanese which, in turn, has caused you to enjoy these fights.
lohmann
7/14/10 1:57:24AM
Kimbo would have won too

I wonder how long it is before Kimbo takes a shot at the freakshow killer, Minowaman.
ianinspain
7/14/10 7:29:42AM
It amazes me that either Pudz or Silvia would fight for Mooshin again after the last effort they put on together.
emfleek
7/14/10 10:49:35AM

Posted by cowcatcher

i must have a little japanese in me

Along with many breeds of gerbils, numerous class rings and probably a few shampoo bottle caps...

D0wnUnd6e6r
7/14/10 11:01:51AM
REALLY??? as a long time mma fan I almost take this as an insult. I probably will never watch this event and if by some miracle i do watch it, it'll be the only time that i root for kimbo.

Moosin
cmill21
7/14/10 2:04:14PM
sick. I love crazy fights. UFC does this to.