Moosin MMA Fighter Payouts: Sylvia Wins Fight, But Pudz Wins More Money

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Moosin MMA Fighter Payouts: Sylvia Wins Fight, But Pudz Wins More Money
DCRage
6/8/10 10:30:41AM
It took a while but the official fighter payouts from last month's Moosin MMA event were finally released yesterday. The total disclosed payouts were $237,100 via 3919 paid attendance, with the largest share-$110,000-going to main event loser Mariusz Pudzianowski. Despite beating Pudz in the main event, winner Tim Sylvia only made $50,000 for his efforts.

Article
jay98107
6/8/10 12:40:10PM

Posted by DCRage

It took a while but the official fighter payouts from last month's Moosin MMA event were finally released yesterday. The total disclosed payouts were $237,100 via 3919 paid attendance, with the largest share-$110,000-going to main event loser Mariusz Pudzianowski. Despite beating Pudz in the main event, winner Tim Sylvia only made $50,000 for his efforts.

Article

Is Sylvia going to go back to doing something relevant now?
noahgenda
6/8/10 3:37:51PM
if youre willing to pay him to do it. im sure he never would have left the ufc if they were going to pay him to fight, or hed be part of strikeforce if they didnt think he was a walking turd that can punch a little. it really isnt in his hands at all what he does or where/whom he fights
tcunningham
6/8/10 4:58:22PM
its a bunch of crap paying the loser more, but i see were their coming from. pudz probably brought more people than silvia would have if he was fighting someone else. not only that but we dont know what kinda of shenanigans are going on behind the scene with the pay negotiations. i think silvia's done with the big shows.
Aether
6/8/10 5:06:27PM

Posted by tcunningham

its a bunch of crap paying the loser more, but i see were their coming from. pudz probably brought more people than silvia would have if he was fighting someone else. not only that but we dont know what kinda of shenanigans are going on behind the scene with the pay negotiations. i think silvia's done with the big shows.

No it's not. Most people were tuning into that fight to see how Mariusz would do against an experienced fighter. If it wasn't Tim they could easily have gotten a lot of other people.

People always make this argument, in the end it's a _SPECTATOR_ sport and so, you get paid to bring in spectators, not to win fights. Obviously you're a lot more likely to have people want to watch you if you win, but the point is that that isn't what fighters are really getting paid for. Someone beating another guy up doesn't make the company money, people paying to watch it does. Whoever people want to watch the most will get paid the most, and that isn't Tim Sylvia right now.

Winning does not equal bringing in viewers if you're boring, and Tim Sylvia is boring, as much as I believe he is a very good fighter.

-edit-
Now watch how much Mariusz gets paid in his next fight if he has one. I bet it gets slashed in half at least because he was exposed, the questions were answered, and now no one really cares.
Franklinfan47
6/8/10 5:36:07PM
You lose again, Tim
RearNakedJoke
6/8/10 10:58:39PM
isnt moosin owned or in some way tied to his manager? i thought he was doing the show as some sort of favor or just to keep his name out there.

but 110k for pudz!? seriously?
noahgenda
6/9/10 11:56:09AM
millions of people watched the event in poland exclusively because of pudz, guys. and moosin is korean