One month to get that six pack!!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » One month to get that six pack!!!!!
Next Page »
Rush
5/30/08 2:19:53PM
OK guys, I've been less motivated to workout a lot since I ran the marathon last fall so I've decided I need a goal. My goal is to have the ripped set of abs I had right before I ran the race last year in time to go to my parents' place (which is on a beach) on Canada Day weekend (weekend of July 1st)

So this is where you come in. I need motivation. I will post, in detail, my daily routine and diet as well as follow-up with weekly photos and weights. I need you to tell me if you think I am doing enough or need to do more. I'm not looking for new workouts but rather REALISTIC motivation in the way of helping me achieve mini goals (i.e. doing more sets or running faster/farther) also whether in your opinions I am eating too much or too little.

However, before I go to all the trouble with this, I would like to know if there is genuine interest because it will be a lot of work on (and off) the computer.
loller90278
5/30/08 2:31:48PM
rock on rush, i'm very interested. i want to see your progress (and steal your routine) !
postman
5/30/08 4:09:29PM
Rush I hate the traditional going to te gym and running on the tred mill so what I have been doing and is working great is this:

1. do ten push ups then 10 jumping jacks then do 9 push ups and 11 jumping jacks and so on till you get to 1 pushup. Time yourself and try to do it faster each time.

2. Get 2 dumbells like and walk around for 20 min. every 30 seconds do some type of exercise like curls squats lat raises what ever you want. try not to put them down don't rest them on your legs.

3. get a jump rope and a track or the block around your house. run around the track 5 time then do 500 jump ropes then run round the track 4 times and do 400 jump ropes. go the whole way down to one and 100 and if you are feeling frogy go for one last 5 and 500 also time yourself and see if you can beat that time on the next try.

Let me know if you have tried any and how you like em
Guru
5/30/08 4:44:39PM
Getting those ripped abs id really all about getting as much fat of your core as you can.

when i had mine i was ALWAYS hungry haha eating 6 small but very nutricious meals a day.

little carbs no processed sugars low calorie intake and eat healthy fats IE: Almonds.

lots of cardio and tone lifting is walways good too.

i used an ablounge when i got rid of most of the fat. as well as flat back leg raises. and i used the ab weight machine at my gym. (140lbs GO ME!)

you could also use knee raises too.

and as always if you need more definition go sweat haha

P.S. ill also be stealing your routine haha
Rush
5/30/08 5:20:19PM
FYI, my workouts, which I'll list soon, consist of running (various distances as well as stairs), kettlebell, plyometric and body weight abdominal exercises. I don't lift weights and will not go back to doing so.

I know the main aspect of getting the pack is the fat on my belly. I can feel the muscles underneath, but my genes (as mentioned in the other thead) cause me to stuggle keeping the fat off, whilst not getting too skinny overall.

Stay tuned for details.
aaa9erh8er
5/30/08 5:58:47PM
hey man good luck
and i may pick off some ideas of you for the lower two
i have for but i drink to much beer to get the last to
but i dont care
Poohbah
5/30/08 7:06:28PM
About a year ago, I made myself do a set of sit-ups for every beer I had. I swear to god, I started getting my old college six-pack back (I'm 37). My wife couldn't believe I could get ripped drinking beer.

It was a lot of work though.
Jackelope
5/30/08 8:36:52PM

Posted by Poohbah

About a year ago, I made myself do a set of sit-ups for every beer I had. I swear to god, I started getting my old college six-pack back (I'm 37). My wife couldn't believe I could get ripped drinking beer.

It was a lot of work though.

LOL that's hilarious!

Anyway, Rush.. rock on buddy. I'm here for support, man. There's nothing like a beach when it comes to motivation for a six pack Please keep us posted.

Stickan stopped his training log so I gotta watch somebody besides myself train!
SmileR
5/30/08 10:04:14PM
Hell yeah man! I for one can't wait for this! I'll be stealing all you're ideas and my girlfriend will definitely give you props from my account!
Rush
5/30/08 10:42:05PM
OK, Here is the progess board that I will update periodically. A description of each workout is in the post below. Any changes (additions or deletions will be decribed here). Body weight will be taken in the morning between breakfast and lunch.

Day (Date)
1 (May 30)
Exercises - Work run down (morning), ab workout, 15 min stretching, Work run up (evening), 10 min stretching
Morning Food - bowl multi-grain Cheerios with 1% milk, 1/2 litre water (during workout)
Day Food - banana and scoop of protein powder, 1 litre of water (post workout), slice of pizza
Evening Food - small piece of beef with broth (home made), 3 eggs, small bowl of rice and barley, two spoonfuls of black beans, 1 serving of bok choy, 1/2 litre of water, bowl of cereal

Body weight - 167 lbs

2 (May 31)
Exercises - Chest rest
Morning Food - Bowl of strawberries and blackberries with orange juice and a 1/2 of a banana
Day Food - 5 slices of pizza (I know, I know), salad with no dressing, 1 litre of water (1/2 with lunch, 1/2 post workout)
Evening Food - 1 cup (uncooked whole wheat pasta made with a muscle broth, 4 shrimp, 2 muscles, 2 celery stalks, 1/8 of a bunch of spinich, 3 cloves of garlic, with ~1/2 litre of water

3 (June 1)
Exercises - Went for a run for about 50 min. I'm still a little sore from Friday.
Morning Food - 4 pieces of flax bread toasted, handfull of grapes and a glass of REAL apple juice
Day Food - Had the same pasta as yesterday with some water.
Evening Food - I had a recovery shake (see below) minus the banana after my run. Had 4 beef soft tacos (beef, mesculin mix, cheddar cheese, whole wheat tortillas) - all home made from scratch, I even ground the beef. Washed it down with water.

4 (June 2)
Exercises - Did a standard kettlebell exercise. I dropped off 4 exercises of the third set.
Morning Food - Big bowl of Frosted Flakes with skim milk
Day Food - Finished off the leftover tacos from last night. There were about two left. Water. Also had about 1 litre of water, scoop of protein powder and a banana (post workout)
Evening Food - Had the last serving of pasta from last day, small bowl of ceral and a small bowl of seaweed soup and rice-barley

5 (June 3)
Exercises - Rest
Morning Food - Bowl of Frosted Flakes with skim milk
Day Food - slice of pizza, banana
Evening Food - Korean style pork (home made), 1/2 cup cooked rice, 1/2 cup barley, a few lentils, lettuce, a few strawberries

6 (June 4)
Exercises - Ran to work with ~25 lbs on my back, did a plyo workout
Morning Food - bowl of multigrain Cheerios with skim milk, scoop of protein powder and a banana and litre of water post workout
Day Food - Serving of the Korean pork meal (above) with water
Evening Food - Whole wheat pasta with garlic, olive oil, spicy sausage and celery, water, bowl of strawberries

Weight 165.6 lbs

7 (June 5)
Exercises - Rest
Morning Food - Bowl cereal with skim milk
Day Food - Korean pork meal (see above)
Evening Food - Pasta with sausage and celery (see above)

8 (June 6)
Exercises - Kettlebell stairs
Morning Food - bowl of cheerios with skim milk
Day Food - recovery shake (post workout), 1/2 litre water, some yam, seaweed soup, Korean noodles
Evening Food - Korean beef, seaweed soup, yam, spinach, shrimp, fish, bit of red wine, Korean noodles, fruit salad, bit of currant mousse cake.

9 (June 7)
Exercises - Rest
Morning Food - 3 eggs, little potato, 2 pieces of toast (whole wheat), OJ
Day Food - Bowl of fish broth noodle soup, yam
Evening Food - Serving of leftover pasta (see above), water

10 (June 8)
Exercises - Rest - I wanted to go for a long run, but we're having a heat wave here.
Morning Food - Bowl of Frosted Flakes with skim milk
Day Food - 1/3 of a Pineapple with cinnamon, Salmon and Eel sushi, bowl of miso soup, mouthful of beef and squid
Evening Food -

11 (June 9)
Exercises - 4 mile run
Morning Food - Bowl Cheerios with skim milk
Day Food - Bowl of Korean Chicken Soup (with about 1 equivalent of a chicken breast, bit of rice and barley. Ton of water. 1/2 beer
Evening Food - 4 tacos (see above) made from scratch. More water

12 (June 10)
Exercises - run to work, plyo workout
Morning Food - Bowl of Cheerios with skim milk
Day Food - Water, scoop protein powder (post workout), 2 slices of pizza
Evening Food - banana, bit of pasta with fish, water, handful of grapes

Weight 165.7 lbs

13 (June 11)
Exercises - Rest - I wanted to work out, but my son had me up so early I could barely open my eyes :(
Morning Food - 3 eggs with some cheese and a glass of real apple juice
Day Food - 3 leftover tacos from two nights ago
Evening Food - roast beef sandwich with cheese and some fries. 1/2 pint of beer water, some pineapple with cinnamon

14 (June 12)
Exercises - Run to work, ab workout, run home (took a 1-2 mile extra detour and carried about 15 lbs of fruit along the way)
Day Food - had lunch after workout; apple, grapes, protein powder with water, 2 bananas
Evening Food - Chicken broth soup with rice and barley, 6 strawberries with orange juice

Weight 167.7 lbs

15 (June 13)
Exercises - Kettlebell stairs workout
Morning Food - bowl cheerios with skim milk
Day Food - recovery shake and lots of water (post workout) - I added some strawberries and blackberries to my shake.
Evening Food - Korean chicken soup with a little rice and barley. I ate some extra chicken with it.

16 (June 14)
Exercises - long run (90min), went for a long walk afterwards
Morning Food - bowl of bran flakes with skim milk
Day Food - beef, eggplant, bit of rice, corn soup, water and tea
Evening Food - strawberries, orange juice, bread and cheese, water

17 (June 15)
Exercises - Rest
Morning Food - bowl Cheerios with skim milk
Day Food - two grilled cheese sandwiches
Evening Food - Korean pork with about a cup of cooked rice and barley, some bok choy, small bowl of bran flakes with skim milk

18 (June 16)
Exercises - ran to work, plyo workout (I sweat like I was cutting weight)
Day Food - protein shake with water (post workout), korean pork with rice and barley. A shit load of water
Evening Food - banana, small piece of steak with potato and onion, glass of red wine with a little cheddar cheese.

weight 166.3 lbs

19 (June 17)
Exercises - chest rest
Morning Food - bowl of bran flakes with skim milk
Day Food - bowl of strawberries, apple, two pieces of whole wheat bread
Evening Food - 10 baked chicken wings, 3 slices of pizza, 20oz pint of beer

20 (June 18)
Exercises - run to work, ab workout
Day Food - protein powder with water (post workout), 5 slices of pizza with water
Evening Food - shared a plate of yakisoba noodles with tofu and veggies with my wife. drank water and a strawberry-kiwi-pomegranate-orange juice

21 (June 19)
Exercises - rest. My back spasmed doing a different type of stretch (wont be doing it again) after my ab workout yesterday. It feels fine, but I am not going to push my luck
Morning Food - bowl bran flakes with skim milk
Day Food - 2 slices of whole wheat bread, slice pizza, piece of mozzerella cheese, water
Evening Food - chicken with onions in a tortilla ((3 of them) with mesculin mix, water

22 (June 20)
Exercises - long run - 70min
Morning Food - bowl frosted flakes with skim milk
Day Food - chicken with onions in a tortilla ((3 of them) with mesculin mix, water
Evening Food - 6oz hamburger and fries (not fast food) and a fruitopia

23 (June 21)
Exercises - long run 80 min
Day Food - pancakes made with whole wheat flour, glass of OJ
Evening Food - pork ribs, with corn on the cob and boiled bok choy, water

24 (June 22)
Exercises - rest
Day Food - 1/2 pint beer, water, whole pizza (marina with ricotta cheese)
Evening Food - cheddar cheese quesadilla, water, small bowl of frosted flakes

25 (June 23)
Exercises - rest
Morning Food - bowl frosted flakes and a bowl of cheerios with skim milk
Day Food - 2 slices whole wheat bread, banana, nectarine
Evening Food - 2 eggs, bit of rice and barley, bok choy, bit of pork, cob of corn, water

26 (June 24)
Exercises - rest
Morning Food - bowl cheerios with skim milk
Day Food - 2 slices pizza, water
Evening Food - chicken, bok choy, noodles, water, small piece of custard cake

27 (June 25)
Exercises - run to work, plyo workout
Morning Food - cheerios with skim milk
Day Food - protein powder with water (post workout), 2 slices whole wheat bread, apple, water
Evening Food -

weight 164.6 lbs

28 (June 26)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

29 (June 27)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

30 (June 28)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -
Guru
5/30/08 10:59:28PM

Posted by Rush

OK, Here is the progess board that I will update periodically. A description of each workout is in the post below. Any changes (additions or deletions will be decribed here). Body weight will be taken in the morning between breakfast and lunch.

Day (Date)
1 (May 30)
Exercises - Work run down (morning), ab workout, Work run up (evening)
Morning Food - bowl multi-grain Cheerios with 1% milk, 1/2 litre water (during workout)
Day Food - banana and scoop of protein powder, 1 litre of water (post workout), slice of pizza
Evening Food - small piece of beef with broth (home made), 3 eggs, small bowl of rice and barley, two spoonfuls of black beans, 1 serving of bok choy, 1/2 litre of water

Body weight - 167 lbs

2 (May 31)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

3 (June 1)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

4 (June 2)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

5 (June 3)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

6 (June 4)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

7 (June 5)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

8 (June 6)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

9 (June 7)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

10 (June 8)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

11 (June 9)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

12 (June 10)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

13 (June 11)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

14 (June 12)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

15 (June 13)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

16 (June 14)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

17 (June 15)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

18 (June 16)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

19 (June 17)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

20 (June 18)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

21 (June 19)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

22 (June 20)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

23 (June 21)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

24 (June 22)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

25 (June 23)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

26 (June 24)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

27 (June 25)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

28 (June 26)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

29 (June 27)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

30 (June 28)
Exercises -
Morning Food -
Day Food -
Evening Food -

id prolly leave out the pizza as well as the rice.

other than that its looks like its possible.

EDIT: and maybe change the beef to chicken with a low sodium broth.
Rush
5/30/08 11:09:40PM
Exercise key

Kettlebell stairs - I use my 24kg kettlebell for all swings unless where noted.
Run my apt building stairs twice (16 stairs per floor, 12 floors)
With my 20kg and 24kg kettlebells, carry them both up a floor (starting from the 3rd floor (my apt)
Do a set of Russian swings (20 swings)
Carry both up a floor
Do a set of stair hops (1 stair hops x 8, 2 stair hops x 4, 3-2-3 stair hop x 1, repeat once)
Carry up one floor
Do a set of one arm Russian swings 2 x 10 swings on each side)
Carry up one floor
Do a set of stair hops
Carry up one floor
Repeat Russian Swings
Carry up one floor
Repeat stair hops
Carry up one floor
Repeat on-arm Russian swings
Carry up one floor
Repeat stair hops
Carry up
Rest for a minute and drink some water
Do a set of stationary hops x 10 holding both 20 and 24 kg kettlebells
Carry down one floor
Hop up one floor (2 stair hops x 4, 3-2-3 stair hop x 1) to retrieve water bottle. Walk back down 1 floor.
Do a set of 30 lateral swings (15 each side)
Carry down one floor
Hop up 1 stair x 16 (on one foot 8 left, 8 right) to get water bottle, Walk down one floor
Do stair hops x 8 holding the 20kg kettlebell
Hop up one floor (2 stair hops x 4, 3-2-3 stair hop x 1) to retrieve water bottle. Walk back down 1 floor.
Swings around the waist 15 each direction
Carry down one floor
Hop up 1 stair x 16 (on one foot 8 left, 8 right) to get water bottle, Walk down one floor
Do a set of stationary hops x 10 holding both 20 and 24 kg kettlebells
Carry down one floor
Do a set of 30 lateral swings (15 each side)
Carry down one floor
Do stair hops x 8 holding the 20kg kettlebell
Swings around the waist 15 each direction
Carry down one floor

Kettlebell only:
consists of 3 cycles of the following exercises. Rest time is limited between exercises and the exercises are not necessarily in this order. They are all done with a 24kg kettlebell (~53 lbs) unless otherwise noted
**I don't know all the official names of the swings (and neither do most people) so bear with me.
Russian Swings (2-hand) 20 swings with 10kg, 20 swings with 20kg, 20 swings with 24kg (no rest in between)
Lateral Hip Swings (2-hand) x 30 (15 each side)
One arm Russian Swings 15 swings each arm
Russian Swing over head 15 swings
Cleans 10 each side
Swings around the waist Changing hands every swing, done 15-20 times in each direction (aka "around the world")
Classic Snatch (2 hands) 15 reps done fast
Russian Swing (Snatch) I do this until failure 10-15 swings and I only do this if I have ceiling room.

repeat 2 more times taking short breathers and water breaks as needed.

Work run:
~ 2 mile run (half the distance is incline and other half flat). The run to work will be followed up by either an ab workout or a plyo workout and is the downhill portion. The run back home will be done in the evening and is up-hill.

Long run:
run for at least 10 miles at a 8 min per mile pace. Approx. distance and exact times will be reported. I don't rest, but I do hydrate every 2 miles in the run.

Ab workout:
these are done 3 sets at a time in a super-set, followed by a drink break (less than 1 min usually). I do two sets that are separated by a rest that consists of 20 alternating, walking lunges.
Incline leg tucks - hard to describe but my legs are lowered when straight, tucked in with bent knees and trust vertically up in the air. (12-15 reps or to failure)
Decline ab presses - go up, hold for two seconds, go down. I do that 15 times, then follow-up with a continuous 15 reps without pause.
Reverse Roman chair - 8 reps facing down, 8 reps facing right, 8 reps facing left, 8 reps facing down.
Hanging trunk movements - these are done on the apparatus where I am supported with my forearms and legs are suspended. 6-8 rotations with straight legs in each direction, 6-8 knee lifts followed by leg extensions, 6-8 leg extensions with straight legs.
Roman Chair - On my side to work the obliques. 20 on each side
Roman Chair - Facing up. 20 reps including a vertical elbow to the other hand which is sitting in front of my face, 20 reps with horizontal elbow strikes, 20 reps in a kimura motion, 10 reps standard, 30 reps with lateral movement (as if I am evading downward strikes)
Broomstick twists with a 40lb bar - 30 twists twisting from the upper abs, 20 reps twisting from the lower back-abs
Superman - laying on a bench on stomach, lift all arms and legs out ward. Flexing my back I lift my arms and legs higher than the bench and hold for 3 secs. I do this 15 times.
Hanging knee tucks - done from a pull up bar, knees to my chest. I do these until my grip fails (12-15 reps usually)

Plyo workout -
(if you don't know what plyometrics are, do a google search)
Box jumps followed by depth jumps with medicine ball x 15
Push-ups with one hand on med. ball, alternating sides with each push x 10-15 (to failure)
squat jumps with med. ball x 15
twists with med. ball x 20 (10 each direction)
chest pass lying on back with med. ball x 20
seated upward toss, opening arms in between catches x 15
rat-a-tats ~ 20 secs
over head, over shoulder, over shoulder toss with med. ball x 15
Bounding 12-13 on each side
brief rest for drink of water
chest pass lying on back with med. ball x 20

repeat two times

15 min. on stationary bike (hill plus level 10-12) keep heart rate over 170 for at least 10 min of the 15 min.

Chest rest -
This is a combination of exercises I do when I want to rest my core and legs. It's not taxing cardio wise, but it keeps my upper body toned and sharp(er).
Pullovers with kettle bell - lying flat on my back (legs straight). I pull a 10 kg kettlebell over in a forceful motion and stop it just before it hits my chest/belly. I do this 15 times
Chest press with kettlebell - This is just like a bench press motion only I do it with a 24kg kettlebell. This is a replacement for the plyo version I do with a medicine ball (which I don't have at home right now) or the chest pass (which I cannot do inside). I do this 15-20 times.
Turkish get-up (first part) - lying flat on my back legs extended, 10kg kettlebell in one arm I explode up into a seated (but slightly twisted) position. It's best to look up a video for Turkish getup instead of me describing it. I do this 10 times.
Push ups on Swiss ball - Same as a regular push-ups but my toes are on a large Swiss ball. This not only creates an incline, but I have to stabilize myself as well. I try to do as many plyo push-ups as I can and round out the rest (15-20) with non-plyo versions.
Dumbbell motions - I haven't done these since I stopped doing weights, but I needed to give my chest a brief rest. I hold two 10lb dumbbells (one in each hand) with outstretched arms I raise them to chest height, open then close my arms, them (with arms still straight raise them over my head. Not once is my elbow bent. This is an exercise for working on stabilizing your shoulders, not building strength. I do this combination of movements 10 times.
Butterfly motions - Basically like doing the Butterfly swim stroke with 10lb dumbbells in each hand. I do 8 forward and 8 backward. I do them controlled but not slow.
Swiss ball push ups again
repeat the whole cycle 2 more times.

After workout shake with:
About 1/2 to 1 litre of water
A banana
Protein powder - one scoop
Oat bran oatmeal - one to two scoops
Flax oil - a few tablespoons
Pomegranate juice (splash)
Rush
5/30/08 11:38:56PM

Posted by Guru

id prolly leave out the pizza as well as the rice.

other than that its looks like its possible.

EDIT: and maybe change the beef to chicken with a low sodium broth.

Yeah, pizza is my comfort food and probably the only "junk" I eat. As I said the rice is actually a 1:1 mix with pure barley. I'm not being stubborn, but it was about a cup of the mixture (cooked), which I don' tthink is that much.

Also, the beef broth is not high in sodium. It is a home made Korean broth and is made "not salty" because our family tends to add salt if we want it salty. I didn't add any salt today. As for the chicken, yeah, I prefer the Korean chicken broth (called Saam Ge Tang), but beef is what was put in front of me today.

I am not too concerned with what I eat on the big workout days. My main concern is what I eat on the rest days. That is where I think I lose it.

One request, please don't quote the whole progress chart. thanks
wolfman
5/31/08 12:11:40AM
Hope everything goes well Rush! Seeing this thread is motivating me to get my six pack back. Good luck!
Kracker_Jap
5/31/08 3:33:46AM
I hope it works for you Rush.... My only advice watch your sodium intake (I saw that you were) and pay attention to the glycemic index of your carbs... you'll be rockin an 8 pack
Guru
5/31/08 12:36:17PM
yeah man first thing i did when i had to become a full time Daddy was bake me some brownies haha, i can deff understand comfort foods.

it looks really good actually im gunna follow this as well starting tommorow and see how much weight i can cut from this.

Good luck Man.
Rush
5/31/08 3:51:54PM

Posted by Guru

yeah man first thing i did when i had to become a full time Daddy was bake me some brownies haha, i can deff understand comfort foods.

it looks really good actually im gunna follow this as well starting tommorow and see how much weight i can cut from this.

Good luck Man.

Yeah, being a dad has me a little worried that I will not reach my goal. the tough parts will be the lack of sleep and the fact my wife will hassle me about working out too much (she doesn't like it if she can't workout as well)

I posted the Day 1 picture in all its shame. I am expecting a decent improvement for week 1, then a plateau, then a jump (if history repeats). I am also in the process of updated the workout descriptions. These take time because I don't do traditional workouts.

On another note, that's great you are going to try this with me. Good luck to you too.
Guru
5/31/08 6:44:02PM
Sweet man im looking foreward to it im gunna start my cardio tonight then some circuit training (Beacause i have weight to lose as well) near the end of the week and continue, all the while following what u have here

good luck
hails
5/31/08 10:40:58PM
If I was you my first step would be to wax that hairy chest!!!

It will make everything stand out much more!!!

What time did you run the marathon?

Good luck bloke!!!

I wouldn't have the egg yolk as that is where the fat is!!!

Rush
5/31/08 11:43:53PM

Posted by hails

If I was you my first step would be to wax that hairy chest!!!
It will make everything stand out much more!!!

What time did you run the marathon?

Well the hair gets trimmed, but I am not waxing it. lol

My goal for the marathon was 3.5 hours and I had that for my first 1/3 split time, but (and anyone that has been on the forums when I was training for it will know) a muscle cramp injury problem I developed during training kicked in and I had to run the rest of the race with a cramp in my calf, which left a nasty bruise. I still did ok, coming in at just over 4 hours, which was ok. I'm still not satisfied and will try to do it again, just not this year.

This year I want to run a 5k and actually try to place. Then I might run another half marathon and try to improve my time for that (which I know I can do because my training time matched my half time)

ok, that was a little longer answer than expected I am sure.
Rush
6/1/08 11:45:55AM

Posted by wolfman

Hope everything goes well Rush! Seeing this thread is motivating me to get my six pack back. Good luck!

Get your ass off the couch and get going. We'll all motivate each other.
Rush
6/2/08 10:42:15AM
ok, I am a little less sore now (the second day is always the worst with me), though I am a little confused why I was so sore from Friday. I didn't do anything I hadn't done many times before.

Any how, I was considering this to be a rest day, and I like rest days (who doesn't). Do you guys think I should do a kettlebell routine today?

I ask because the way my schedule is this week, I will be running to and from work Tues-Thurs. and within those days do at least one plyo workout (maybe tow depending on how I feel). However, I can't really fit in a kettlebell workout those days.

I planned on doing a Kettlebell workout Friday morning and a long run this weekend.

So here are my options

Kettlebell today
Run Tues-Thurs (one day plyo, rest, abs)
Kettle bell Friday
rest Sat.
long run Sunday

or

Rest today
Run Tues-Thurs (plyo, abs, plyo)
Kettle bell Friday
rest Sat.
long run Sunday

I am thinking the latter is too much plyo at once and am leaning towards the former. What do you guys think? LMK in the next few hours.
Jackelope
6/8/08 7:17:24PM
I haven't kept up on this thread for a while, but this is me saying don't fall off the wagon. Keep it up! I wanna see those results
Rush
6/8/08 7:35:33PM

Posted by Jackelope

I haven't kept up on this thread for a while, but this is me saying don't fall off the wagon. Keep it up! I wanna see those results

Thanks. I thought this thread was foresaken.

I've updated it now and all my typical workouts are listed in detail.

I'm trying hard not to quit, but we're having a heat wave now and it has been really hot for the past couple days and when it's not hot and humid, it's storming. That really only affects my running, but that is what will help me lose the fat the most.

My stair workout is intense and I think I'll do another one tomorrow if it is raining in the morning. If not it will be a run to the gym followed by a plyo workout.
Jackelope
6/8/08 7:39:20PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Jackelope

Thanks. I thought this thread was foresaken.

I've updated it now and all my typical workouts are listed in detail.

I'm trying hard not to quit, but we're having a heat wave now and it has been really hot for the past couple days and when it's not hot and humid, it's storming. That really only affects my running, but that is what will help me lose the fat the most.

My stair workout is intense and I think I'll do another one tomorrow if it is raining in the morning. If not it will be a run to the gym followed by a plyo workout.

No problem, bro. I know all about heat taking the drive to run out of you. I live in AZ so it gets rough during the summer time, but I always look at it like "Well, at least it makes me sweat more!"
Rush
6/9/08 10:38:29PM
Well I tried to do a long run today and was owned by the weather. The sun, heat and humidity killed me. I only got ~ 4 miles in and had to stop.

It was 41 C (106 F) with the humidity. Very discouraging
Guru
6/9/08 11:44:15PM
i feel you man we were at 109 today i only got a mile

keep it up tho man! we know you can do it!
RandyCouture
6/11/08 1:07:22AM
Hey i just got into this post gl man ill be keeping up with it every couple days I def wanna see your results keep up with it.
Rush
6/12/08 2:36:38PM
Got a better sleep last night and felt more energetic at the gym. Babies will kill your work-out routine.

I feel sorry for my wife.
Rush
6/20/08 8:24:25PM
Well, I'm down to about the last week and personally I haven't seen much progress. My weight is still pretty much the same and I only look marginally better. Mind you I have a tendency to lose fat elsewhere on my body first.

On the brighter side, I do feel like I am back in good form now.
Pages: [1] 2