Mono pushes back Lesnar-Carwin battle

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Mono pushes back Lesnar-Carwin battle
emfleek
11/6/09 2:08:39PM
Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has mononucleosis and won't be able to defend his title Jan. 2 at UFC 108 against Shane Carwin, UFC president Dana White texted to the Los Angeles Times.

The fight, originally scheduled for Nov. 21, was pushed back to January because of a Lesnar illness. Now, White says Lesnar has mononucleosis and can't train for six weeks, according to his text to the Times.

UFC officials said they hope to have Lesnar back in the octagon by March.

LINK
Aether
11/6/09 2:58:50PM
he kissed a girl with cooties.
telnights
11/6/09 3:14:45PM
wow that's rare for someone Lesnar's age to catch.
bjj1605
11/6/09 3:18:07PM
Well at least now we know what it is.... to bad. I can't stand the injury/illness bug that is going around.
finnish_line
11/6/09 3:30:07PM

UFC is probably losing out on $100,000,000 over the next few months due to a few microscopic predators and bad breaks in training.
kasual
11/6/09 4:26:09PM
That is very unfortunate for Lesnar. First he is stricken with H1N1 like symptoms and now mono. Surely these are the hazards of being in the gym constantly.

Hopefully he can regain his health and defend the belt.
Jackelope
11/6/09 4:36:49PM
I'm glad we finally have a diagnosis on this. If it was just the flu I was starting to get frustrated. Mono is a whole other story. I've had it before and it freakin kills you. Heal up, Brock!
IriShame
11/6/09 8:36:56PM
Oh the old kissing disease. Perhaps Lesnar spent a little too much time on top of his wife.

You know Mono is bad but how come Carwin had swine flu and nobody made a peep, including Carwin. But now that Lesnar is sick he's not fighting till UFC a million?
jascri
11/7/09 12:02:34AM
So what!! Go to work. Fight. He should be stripped of the title in my opinion. 4 months because of Mono? Please. Fight or give up the belt. Go back to WWE if you really don't want to fight. WEAK!!!!!!!
fonduktoe
11/7/09 1:23:46AM

Posted by jascri

So what!! Go to work. Fight. He should be stripped of the title in my opinion. 4 months because of Mono? Please. Fight or give up the belt. Go back to WWE if you really don't want to fight. WEAK!!!!!!!

yeah he should probably be forced to fight in a hospital gown, c'mon man lets wait till we can see the fighters fight at their best the ufc hw belt is kind of a big deal.
bjj1605
11/7/09 12:20:50PM

Posted by jascri

this post makes me want a thumb down button..... so.....
telnights
11/7/09 12:22:45PM

Posted by jascri

Spoken like someone that doesn't have much of a clue about fighting or what it takes. Also sounds like you never had Mono before. Some people take up to a year to fully recover from it. I let it slid this time because your new but your post is very much borderline bashing/trolling. You should take the time to read the rules which can be found in my sig below.
Adrenaline
11/7/09 10:53:05PM

Posted by jascri

I'm about as anti Lesnar as you can get but that was pretty lame man. As has already been said, mono can sideline the average person for months let alone someone who trains and fights for a living. I don't like the guy but he deserves a full and healthy training camp like anyone else. He has yet to avoid a challenge and I highly doubt that this is an excuse to get out of a fight.