Money Grubber Supporters!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Money Grubber Supporters!!
cspecial
3/4/08 5:57:58PM
i know that fighters deserve more money for what they do. no doubt about that. but i just read nonsense about Mayweather not needing to do anything but fake nonsense b/c of his 20 mil. i'm sooo tired of people being like "oh it doesn't matter as long as you make that money man"

Go to hell if you think MMA and every RESPECTABLE sport should be all about the money. you're a FIGHTER! NOT A FUDGIN FASHION MODEL!!
wolfman
3/4/08 6:02:33PM
What's the point about starting another thread concerning Mayweather? Why not reply to your first Mayweather thread and direct your anger there. I don't think people are saying every sport should be about the money, they are just simply pointing out that it is a quick and easy 20 mil. right in his pockets. I would do it. I know he doesn't NEED the money, but it was offered to him and he took it. So just....
mkiv9secsupra
3/4/08 6:02:56PM
I love to box but i have a job and a source of income. Professional fighters generally have no other source of income so money is a huge part of there job. I know if i was a pro then money would be my number one.
cspecial
3/4/08 6:17:56PM
this thread isn't about mayweather... that was just an example... i'm talking about all of em... look at fedor, he wouldn't fight for less then a million? LIddell get's half a mil per fight though he's lost his last what 2 or 3 outa 4.... and dont' pull that "well he earned it" shit either b/c couture earned it and doesn't make as much. i think some fighters now getting payed well will pave the road for the rest of em but i don't like the regular joes talking shit about it all being about the money. all fighters start with heart alone.
stock
3/5/08 3:25:39PM

Posted by cspecial

this thread isn't about mayweather... that was just an example... i'm talking about all of em... look at fedor, he wouldn't fight for less then a million? LIddell get's half a mil per fight though he's lost his last what 2 or 3 outa 4.... and dont' pull that "well he earned it" shit either b/c couture earned it and doesn't make as much. i think some fighters now getting payed well will pave the road for the rest of em but i don't like the regular joes talking shit about it all being about the money. all fighters start with heart alone.

Didn't Randy have the highest per fight salary?
cspecial
3/5/08 3:30:23PM
actually i believe Liddell did. the way Couture makes money is b/c he worked somethign into his deal with the UFC to get a percent of his pay per views.