Show him the money: Forrest Griffin open to Wanderlei Silva fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Show him the money: Forrest Griffin open to Wanderlei Silva fight
MMAcca
12/15/08 10:30:47AM
“I think Wanderlei is a bad man and Wanderlei will get [Rampage Jackson at UFC 92]. I’m not great at calling fights but that’s my honest opinion…. He’s a good training partner and we’re becoming better friends because his English is geting better. I’ve got nothing bad to say about Wanderlei. He will never get tired of punching you. There’s just no break in him. I think of myself as someone who’s willing to do as much as anyone, but he’s the one guy who might do more. That’s a bad dude. He’s hard to put out. If he was a video game, he’d have no life bar. You’ve got a life bar that goes down but his life bar doesn’t go down. That’s why I like watching him fight…. It would be great. If it’s for the right money or a belt, I’ll fight anyone.”

LINK
ohiostate1016
12/15/08 11:21:53AM
I would give my left you-know-what to see this fight. Could you imagine? What if they both win, and it's a 5-rounder at UFC 100? Griffin/Bonnar would have nothing on Griffin/Wanderlei. Neither of these two guys ever quit, and I don't see either of them getting KO'd by the other. So what we would have is 5 rounds of, um, slobberknocking?!

Pyrenus
12/15/08 1:50:06PM
More like 5 rounds of Forrest being "elusive."
sparky
12/15/08 2:29:16PM
hahahha 1st round KO Wanderlei in my opinion
Boo_Radley21
12/15/08 2:49:05PM
Griffin would take this fight IMO. But he'd have to be careful because I do think Wanderlei could knock him out at anytime.
MikeyG
12/15/08 3:22:45PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

I would give my left you-know-what to see this fight. Could you imagine? What if they both win, and it's a 5-rounder at UFC 100? Griffin/Bonnar would have nothing on Griffin/Wanderlei. Neither of these two guys ever quit, and I don't see either of them getting KO'd by the other. So what we would have is 5 rounds of, um, slobberknocking?!

wands ko'd forrest in sparring and the fight would not be different, except it goes past round 1
dannyfrank
12/15/08 3:36:52PM
this fight would be so hard to watch. forest and wandy are my two favorite fighters. id be happy and sad at the same time no matter what the outcome! i think my head would explode
JackHammerXXX
12/15/08 5:34:39PM
No bias... Wandy would catch Forrest, and with all due respect to the champ, would be knocked silly, and we'd have another Jardine fight. Either variation.

But, I do believe Griffin could handle Silva, if he could stay out of the close exchanges like he did against Rampage. Cuz let's be honest, Griffin couldn't too much, if any of Jackson's power punches, do we think Wandy's are softer?
MMAcca
12/16/08 2:09:28AM
Griffin would beat Wand in the same style that he beat Rampage imo.
RMFG_187
12/16/08 8:35:36PM
In case u guys forgot, Wandy GASSED against Chuck, anyone that says otherwise is crazy. Forrest wouldnt let Wandy get inside and exchange like Jardine did. Jardine got anxieous, and payed dearly.

Forrest round 4 TKO ( GnP )
ThaAxeMurderer7
12/17/08 1:28:13AM

Posted by RMFG_187

In case u guys forgot, Wandy GASSED against Chuck, anyone that says otherwise is crazy. Forrest wouldnt let Wandy get inside and exchange like Jardine did. Jardine got anxieous, and payed dearly.

Wow. If I remember correctly it was Chuck who looked "GASSED" at the end of round 3. I guess I'm crazy though
sparky
12/21/08 9:25:39AM

Posted by RMFG_187

Wandy gassed in the Chuck fight from taking head shots. Both him and Chuck were exhausted from hitting eachother. Im sorry but I dont think Forrest could hit Wandy like Chuck did. I also believe Wandy would get inside on Forrest real quick in the fight. I think If this fight does happen Wandy will win in the 1st rd by KO
prozacnation1978
12/23/08 3:00:18AM
easy wandy wins he faces forrest
if rampage wins but also machida i think machida gets shot
now if rampage wins and machida loses i think rampage gets shot

i would like to see wandy vs forrest i think wandy would knock him out quick