Monday Night Football: Vikings Vs. Packers

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Monday Night Football: Vikings Vs. Packers
POLL: Who are you taking tonight?
Green Bay Packers 67% (16)
Minnesota Vikings 33% (8)
Bowen50
9/8/08 4:21:59PM
Who do you guys think will win tonight? i'm taking the Packers not only because i am a Packer fan haha but i think they have a great team this year even without Favre. the Packers defense is very good, arguably top 5 to start the season. last season the first game they played against Adrian Peterson last year they let up 112 yards on 12 carries and in the second game they let up only 45 yards on the same amount of carries. it seems like they may have figured Peterson out. also the packers secondary is solid with Harris and Woodson at the corners and Bigby at safety who emerged as a huge hitter last season. Aaron Kampman is one of the best DE's in the NFL and AJ Hawk, Nick Barnett, and Brady Poppinga make up one of the best linebacker units in the NFL. obviously the big question mark is how will Aaron Rodgers play. if Rodgers can complete at least 60% of his passes the receivers will do the rest for him seems how they led the league in YAC (yards after catch) last season.

What do you guys think?
emfleek
9/8/08 4:33:01PM
MY PREDICTION THAT IS MORE THAN LIKELY WRONG:

Vikings 27
Packers 10

A. Peterson - 140 yards, 2 TD's

A. Rodgers - 13/27, 130 yards, 3 INT's
TWITA
9/8/08 4:44:50PM
Vikes - 24
Pack - 10
postman
9/8/08 4:45:00PM
Vikings
Twenty20Dollars
9/8/08 4:52:09PM
Are you guys kidding. Vikings are going down, they have too many questions right now, with berrian, tavaries and then how will AP do in his second year.

Packers are still solid from last year and only question is rodgers, who i think will be solid also the whole year. Packers or Bears wins the division, vikings denied again.

Also Broncos over the raiders for whoever is staying up that late for the game, i am, game ends at like 12 and i have class at 8am. Broncos win the division also.
dannyfrank
9/8/08 5:32:54PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Are you guys kidding. Vikings are going down, they have too many questions right now, with berrian, tavaries and then how will AP do in his second year.

Packers are still solid from last year and only question is rodgers, who i think will be solid also the whole year. Packers or Bears wins the division, vikings denied again.

Also Broncos over the raiders for whoever is staying up that late for the game, i am, game ends at like 12 and i have class at 8am. Broncos win the division also.

i'll have to agree as far as the broncos game goes. which is sad cause i used to like the raiders a lot. they suck so bad now
cowcatcher
9/8/08 5:47:52PM
im scared of this game as a packer fan. mccarthys packers have been terrible in the first game of the season the past 2 years, and rodgers and grant(who hasnt played a snap all preseason) are big question marks. im hoping for the best from the packers O, and maybe an AP knee injury
cmill21
9/8/08 6:25:59PM
The Vikings Dline should be able to get to Rogers causing bad throws, and AP should be able to romp. Vikings 21 pack 10.
Bowen50
9/8/08 10:38:42PM
PACKERS WIN BABY!!!!!!!!! Aaron Rodgers was outstanding for his first start. 18/22 178 yards TD and a Rushing TD. the defense was solid. AJ Hawk, Nick Barnett, and Aaron Kampman all played outstanding tonight. they let up a little bit more rushing yards than i expected but Adrian Peterson is a beast. great pass defense the entire game. the pass rush was outstanding the whole game they just let Jackson get outside the pocket and run. if Rodgers can be consistent and they can clean up some of those penalties the Packers will take the division this year.
rabbit915
9/8/08 10:48:42PM
Im predicting a super bowl for the packers already.

Unfortunately i had the vikings defense on my fantasy team and im behind. I need Selvin Young to score me 9 points in this game or im in trouble.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/9/08 1:52:13AM
damn fleek gave aaron no love.....anyways the ****** raiders got their ****** asses stomped in by the broncos.......geez i was hopin i'd see mcfadden break out tonight
emfleek
9/9/08 8:19:27AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

damn fleek gave aaron no love.....anyways the ****** raiders got their ****** asses stomped in by the broncos.......geez i was hopin i'd see mcfadden break out tonight

I was way off, I know.

Rodgers looked reeeeally good last night. If he can keep it up, the Packers are going to do some damage in the NFC. However, I'm still not completely sold...
cowcatcher
9/9/08 8:28:13AM
they just manhandled what many consider the best d-line in football with 3 interior lineman that were starting due to injuries(although spitz is a starter just at LG not C) so id say they passed this test with flying colors considering the o-line is a weak spot, at least on paper. the stars are aligning, brady goes down making the new york bretts road to the super bowl much easier, and the green bay thompsons(thats the gm that dumped favre who is basically hoping the team considers this name change) look like a real contender in the nfc.......i can smell brett getting his shot at taking down his old team on the biggest stage in football. this could be awesome.
emfleek
9/9/08 8:53:21AM

Posted by cowcatcher

they just manhandled what many consider the best d-line in football with 3 interior lineman that were starting due to injuries(although spitz is a starter just at LG not C) so id say they passed this test with flying colors considering the o-line is a weak spot, at least on paper. the stars are aligning, brady goes down making the new york bretts road to the super bowl much easier, and the green bay thompsons(thats the gm that dumped favre who is basically hoping the team considers this name change) look like a real contender in the nfc.......i can smell brett getting his shot at taking down his old team on the biggest stage in football. this could be awesome.

Calm down, bro. There are 16 games in a season.
cowcatcher
9/9/08 9:08:44AM
whoa whoa whoa, im only speculating at this point, i made no guarantees, but the sequence of events in only 1 week make the chances of this happening more than just the pipe dream it was even a couple of weeks ago.
DiabloFreak56
9/9/08 11:36:25AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

I was way off, I know.

Rodgers looked reeeeally good last night. If he can keep it up, the Packers are going to do some damage in the NFC. However, I'm still not completely sold...

i totally agree he was passing against the 28th ranked pass defense. so please he was amazing but cant just jizz yet