Mods! MMA Playground Awards Ceremony updates and Happy Holidays to all !

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Mods! MMA Playground Awards Ceremony updates and Happy Holidays to all !
hotrodttt
12/21/07 7:09:43PM
Hey just wanted to inform you guys on what I will be doing on a week on December 28th on FRIDAY. I am going to give awards and would have other forum posters vote on them like " Best Newcomer to the Forum" " Poster of the year " " Thread of the year" and mabey some awards for the " Video Hound of the year" and " News Mogul of the year" " Funniest Forum Poster" " Poster who has the biggest K-1 Influence" " Poster with the best Avatar" and " Poster with the best username" and mabey you mods could turn the awards into badges.

And you the posters will vote for those people who you think deserve the award. So don't miss the biggest MMA Playground event of the year. Mods what do you think?

I also wanted to say have a great time watching/ attending UFC 79
loonytnt
12/21/07 7:40:29PM
i hope i win something
Lord_Lenny
12/21/07 8:42:41PM
are we nominating people, or are you picking then we vote?
cmill21
12/21/07 9:09:29PM
Yes how is this all working? Keep in mind I'm a fairly new comer
jiujitsufreak74
12/21/07 10:40:38PM
im a newcomer techinically so voters keep that in mind

also i like this idea although i think the mods should have more of a say than average voters, kinda of like the prowbowl where 1/2 of the score is by the voters poll while the other 1/2 is from a collaboration of the mods. just a thought.
Bemin
12/21/07 11:12:41PM
Great idea Hotrodtt, even without special badges it would be a lot of fun!
tuvok500
12/22/07 12:19:30AM
i think i can win the " Poster who has the biggest K-1 Influence " !!
i saw a K-1 fight one day !!

Go Remy !!

babalu2720
12/22/07 9:32:19AM
I like the idea, one probalme, but not so much a problem, i'm goin to 79 in Vegas and might not have access to a computer unless I convince m,y bro to let mye take his laptop
SmileR
12/22/07 9:37:55AM
Can i win something?
emfleek
12/22/07 10:03:03AM
I've got "Newcomer with the Biggest Bulge" wrapped up.

I hope I win the Golden Rod award.
Boo_Radley21
12/22/07 10:28:42AM

Posted by emfleek

I've got "Newcomer with the Biggest Bulge" wrapped up.

I hope I win the Golden Rod award.

lol. This is a pretty good idea.
hotrodttt
12/22/07 2:55:50PM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

You can nominate anyone you want then I will tally the votes, then I will make another thread with the winners, and you can't nominate yourself.
Lord_Lenny
12/22/07 3:42:52PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Lord_Lenny

You can nominate anyone you want then I will tally the votes, then I will make another thread with the winners, and you can't nominate yourself.

sounds good man. you might want to make some deadlines for nominating and voting. great idea by the way
cmill21
12/22/07 3:53:36PM
What are the perameters? Are mods allowed to be nominated? How long ago can they have joined to be a "newcomer"? Do we just PM you the nominations?
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/22/07 4:08:09PM
I can always dream...
hotrodttt
12/22/07 7:14:39PM

Posted by cmill21

What are the perameters? Are mods allowed to be nominated? How long ago can they have joined to be a "newcomer"? Do we just PM you the nominations?

Yes the Moderators can be nominated for every award, for a newcomer like myself you would have to be a member only since August, and When I make the thread on Friday you guys nominate your people and I will tally the votes.
Pitbull09
12/23/07 3:12:09AM
I always was hoping for this to happen, doesnt surprise me that hotrodtt did it for us.

Great idea man
cmill21
12/23/07 3:32:43AM
Yeah we need a "Visionary thread creator" award.
hotrodttt
12/23/07 3:57:20AM

Posted by cmill21

Yeah we need a "Visionary thread creator" award.

Yes I always cook up cool things to come up with

Mods make it happen
Manfred
12/23/07 11:54:09AM

Posted by hotrodttt

for a newcomer like myself you would have to be a member only since August,

How'd you come up with the August date??

Great idea though, how do we nominate?
hotrodttt
12/23/07 3:40:51PM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by hotrodttt

I came up with August because it's 2/3 of the year and I joined in august and I'm a newcomer

When I make the thread on Friday you just nominate on all of the catogories and I'll tally the nominations and make a new thread with the winners on Saturday/Sunday
jiujitsufreak74
12/23/07 4:07:56PM
well, i joined in late september, therefore i think septembershould be the cut off for a newcomer

anyway yea this is a cool idea
rcg916
12/23/07 4:54:36PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

well, i joined in late september, therefore i think septembershould be the cut off for a newcomer

Great idea... And I second Jiujitsufreak's inclusion... He may be a newb, but hes a smart one

Just kidding bro. You always post good stuff.
jiujitsufreak74
12/23/07 5:52:06PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Great idea... And I second Jiujitsufreak's inclusion... He may be a newb, but hes a smart one

Just kidding bro. You always post good stuff.

appreciated coming from you
emfleek
12/24/07 8:56:20AM
Will there be beer?
TNunley
12/26/07 9:48:08AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Manfred

Posted by hotrodttt

I came up with August because it's 2/3 of the year and I joined in august and I'm a newcomer

When I make the thread on Friday you just nominate on all of the catogories and I'll tally the nominations and make a new thread with the winners on Saturday/Sunday

Actually that is incorrect:

First 1/3 of the year:
Jan., Feb., Mar., April

2/3 of the year
May, June, July,Aug.

3/3 of the year
Sep., Oct., Nov., Dec.

But we all understand that you will make it August since that includes yourself and all.