MODder's Day

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MODder's Day
BlueSkiesBurn
5/14/10 4:58:35PM
I have been thinking about posting this for quite some time. It seems that everyone gets a special day over the course of a year and, personally, I am grateful for all the work that the Mods do on this site. I would just like to give a shout out to the mods who make this site actually worth visiting.
postman
5/14/10 6:17:15PM
I will second that
warglory
5/15/10 10:10:21AM
MODs can definitely be strict sometimes (i.e. no political debates), but I don't think anyone can complain since we probably have the cleanest MMA forum on the net with a sincere lack of douchebags.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/15/10 4:43:24PM
jae_1833
5/15/10 5:09:03PM

Posted by warglory

MODs can definitely be strict sometimes (i.e. no political debates), but I don't think anyone can complain since we probably have the cleanest MMA forum on the net with a sincere lack of douchebags.

and I belive it's necessary....in my Platoon I don't allow the guys to discuss Politics, Religion, or Race.....it's proven to me that it never ends up positively and usually just starts fights, although in the Platoons they are the physical kind of fights. It's a necessary evil IMO!
BlueSkiesBurn
5/15/10 5:39:22PM
Jae, ruling with an iron fist! It is a necessary evil. I don't allow my friends to discuss those thing either when they are at my house. It always results in a fight. The sad part is my friends all have their degrees and most of them have Ph.D.'s in something like Political Science or Sociology. They still can't handle those topics.
Shawn91111
5/15/10 6:35:11PM
Someone is campaigning hard to become a mod
BlueSkiesBurn
5/15/10 6:44:56PM

I do not have time to even consider being a mod. Graduate school is too demanding. I just wanted to say thank you for the job that they do. Honestly, I put down the thank you after seeing how horrible other threads are.
Shawn91111
5/15/10 6:52:06PM
I would like to keep my record/name etc here so I will just give a thumbs up
cowcatcher
5/16/10 12:40:56AM

Posted by Shawn91111

I would like to keep my record/name etc here so I will just give a thumbs up

banned
jae_1833
5/16/10 1:58:51AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Jae, ruling with an iron fist! It is a necessary evil. I don't allow my friends to discuss those thing either when they are at my house. It always results in a fight. The sad part is my friends all have their degrees and most of them have Ph.D.'s in something like Political Science or Sociology. They still can't handle those topics.

Shocking....I though it was because Marines tend to be young and immature (most are 18-23)......truly suprised! When I have those conversations with older; and usually higher ranking Marines, we have pretty good conversations that at worst end up with us agreeing to disagree.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/16/10 1:44:12PM
Sadly not, academics are bigger bitches than they let on. They tend to believe that they are the cat's pajamas in whatever they do. They will proudly tell you that they are right and why. It's like watching maturity flush itself down the toilet.