MMPlayground Fantasy Football Keeper League?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MMPlayground Fantasy Football Keeper League?
emfleek
8/13/08 9:31:20AM
Would anyone be willing to set up a Fantasy Football Keeper League on Yahoo? This is the first year that they've given the option for Keepers. I'd do it, but I've personally never done one before and I'm afraid I'd end up screwing something up.

Are there any experienced Keeper "commissioner's" out there that would want to set up a Keeper League for the Playground?
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/13/08 9:47:39AM
well the 2nd league spidersilva started for the people who missed the first one only filled up with 3 people, i left, so now 2... i doubt a keeper league at this point would fill up accordingly. what i can do is maybe set up like 2 or 3 positions as keeper players, or just make the whole league a keeper. thoughts?
emfleek
8/13/08 9:54:29AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

well the 2nd league spidersilva started for the people who missed the first one only filled up with 3 people, i left, so now 2... i doubt a keeper league at this point would fill up accordingly. what i can do is maybe set up like 2 or 3 positions as keeper players, or just make the whole league a keeper. thoughts?

I wouldn't make the whole league a keeper league. Maybe 3 or 4 positions?

And players drafted in the first 2 rounds aren't keeper eligible!

(This is how one of the baseball leagues I'm in does it and it seems to work out.)
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/13/08 10:02:43AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

I wouldn't make the whole league a keeper league. Maybe 3 or 4 positions?

And players drafted in the first 2 rounds aren't keeper eligible!

(This is how one of the baseball leagues I'm in does it and it seems to work out.)

That actually sounds pretty freaking good man. i'll post up the idea on the league board see what everyone thinks, if we all agree on it we're good to go. Now if there arent any responses on there by let's say friday ill post it on the playground thread. I'm up for it for sure
emfleek
8/13/08 10:09:41AM
Sounds good. Maybe e-mail the league, too?
nhs1126
8/13/08 4:00:56PM
i would do it but im already in 2 different leagues
emfleek
8/13/08 4:28:32PM

Posted by nhs1126

i would do it but im already in 2 different leagues

It's all good...the league we're talking about doing this in is already full, anyways. Good luck in your leagues, though!
iwannabesedated
8/13/08 4:46:44PM
Keeper Leagues.

You cant be sure everyone that plays this year will be willing to do the same league next year.

Look at the baseball league you did..some people havent checked their teams forever and still have a better record than me..People give up on it..because its free and legal.
emfleek
8/13/08 4:57:57PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Keeper Leagues.

You cant be sure everyone that plays this year will be willing to do the same league next year.

Look at the baseball league you did..some people havent checked their teams forever and still have a better record than me..People give up on it..because its free and legal.

That's actually a good point...
iwannabesedated
8/13/08 5:12:38PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Keeper Leagues.

That's actually a good point...

Yeah i mean it really doesnt matter to me..I'd be cool with whatever..but come next season and people arent going to re-join then it kinda fucksup the whole keeper thing.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/13/08 5:54:55PM
nothing's done yet so it's all good. normal league it is
iwannabesedated
8/13/08 6:36:06PM
I have another draft this same day but its not until 4PM...so this should be done by then im hoping..my other draft is for money so its alittle more important..but as long as PC is capable ill be there...or if im hungover still in bed.
Kpro
8/13/08 7:29:13PM
I'm in for a H2H league; as stated above, free keeper leagues are uberghey.

Fill me in on the details and I'll join. Yahoo?
emfleek
8/14/08 9:21:53AM
Yeah, I didn't really think about the whole Keeper aspect of it. In the baseball keeper league that I mentioned, it's a pay league so it gives people an incentive to return the following year. We've been doing it for 10 years now, too, so everyone's pretty committed.
emfleek
8/14/08 9:56:04AM

Posted by Kpro

I sent you a PM.
emfleek
8/15/08 11:42:17AM
FYI - we may need a couple more people in order to fill the league I started yesterday. If so, I'll start a new thread Sunday or Monday to let everyone know where we stand and how many more managers we need.
Kpro
8/16/08 12:04:48AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

I sent you a PM.

Thank you for the PM and content in it. I no longer need to search the internet for Ru Paul nudes.
emfleek
8/16/08 5:45:40PM

Posted by Kpro

Thank you for the PM and content in it. I no longer need to search the internet for Ru Paul nudes.

Speaking of which, do you get the invitation to join the fan club?