MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings Updated

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings Updated
« Previous Page
DevMahon
6/27/07 4:34:35PM
It strikes me that rankings are a gigantic waste of time. Other than rankings to say who should fight for the title, contender's spot, etc. within a particular organization. I mean, is there really any place where you can definitively crown a single, greatest fighter (other than HW)? I mean, some fighters will lose to one person but win against another because of stylistic differences, or because of an off-night, or because of an injury, or. . . the list goes on. I just think that rankings are a waste of time.
Ralk
6/27/07 4:36:21PM
Nick Diaz beat Gomi and Gomi is #1 and Diaz isn't even in the top 10. Yeah, makes tons of sense!
DMcCabe11
6/27/07 4:38:03PM

Posted by Ralk

Nick Diaz beat Gomi and Gomi is #1 and Diaz isn't even in the top 10. Yeah, makes tons of sense!

the MMA world now has to pretend that the fight didnt happen didnt you get the memo we are going to be brainwashed for even mentioning them in the same sentence
szucconi
6/27/07 4:41:45PM

Posted by Fanboy 1988

Posted by NME

Posted by Fanboy 1988

how can Randy Couture be number 5?

Do you think Couture should be ranked higher or lower?

Higher, I don't think he should be ranked number one but he's a holding a belt at the moment so I would say number 2 or 3.

I agree. He should be above Crocop after Crocop's last fight and he would make a legit number 2 or 3. He's older, but he's the champ.
DMcCabe11
6/27/07 4:49:34PM
why wouldnt the man that beat cro cop take the higher seed i think Gonzaga should be higher than 6
szucconi
6/27/07 4:55:26PM

Posted by DMcCabe11

why wouldnt the man that beat cro cop take the higher seed i think Gonzaga should be higher than 6

I totally agree. GG dominated CC, but because of the way he finished, I think it is looked at as a fluke. I think he deserves more respect then he is getting.
DMcCabe11
6/27/07 5:03:43PM
ya true many people didnt actually see the fight and just think it was a freak KO but they dont know that he was dominated the whole round
chiefwiggum
6/27/07 5:32:52PM
No BJ, worst list ever.
Aether
6/27/07 8:34:08PM
-EDIT-

Actually I think hunt should take aleksander's spot
adamsb
6/27/07 9:44:29PM
the lightweights are all jacked up where is joe daddy and roger huerta and sherk needs to be moved way up he is like 2 or 3 not 10 im sorry
Bass
6/27/07 10:12:39PM
why is nick diaz not on these rankings.......come on, just because he is a pot head doesn't mean he's not talented.
cmill21
6/27/07 10:34:42PM
I don't get how one guy who beat one guy on one night is seen as the better fighter to you guys as the other guy, who beat many guys on many nights? Mirko deserves his spot that high. Who has Randy beat at HW? Tim and Rizzo 6 years ago, Randleman 7 years ago. I agree with no BJ but I think his absense is due to him not saying 100% where he's going to fight.
fedorwins1
6/28/07 12:43:08PM

Posted by Bass

why is nick diaz not on these rankings.......come on, just because he is a pot head doesn't mean he's not talented.

Well if anyone would actually look at this stuff, it says fighters that are currently on suspension are not able to be on the list. Guess what Diaz is on a suspension!
Pages: 1 [2]