MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings Updated

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings Updated
Next Page »
aznteabagger
6/27/07 10:16:32AM
HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (over 205 pounds)

#1 Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Fedor Emelianenko

2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

3. Mirko Cro Cop

4. Josh Barnett

5. Randy Couture

6. Gabriel Gonzaga

7. Tim Sylvia

8. Andrei Arlovski

9. Fabricio Werdum

10. Aleksander Emelianenko

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (205-pound limit)

#1 Light Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

2. Quinton Jackson

3. Chuck Liddell

4. Dan Henderson

5. Wanderlei Silva

6. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

7. Ricardo Arona

8. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

9. Tito Ortiz

10. Kazuhiro Nakamura

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION (185-pound limit)

#1 Middleweight Fighter in the World: Matt Lindland

2. Anderson Silva

3. Paulo Filho

4. Rich Franklin

5. Dan Henderson

6. Denis Kang

7. Nathan Marquardt

8. Robbie Lawler

9. Kazuo Misaki

10. Frank Trigg

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION (170-pound limit)

#1 Welterweight Fighter in the World: Matt Serra

2. Georges St. Pierre

3. Matt Hughes

4. Josh Koscheck

5. Karo Parisyan

6. Diego Sanchez

7. Jon Fitch

8. Jake Shields

9. Akira Kikuchi

10. Carlos Condit

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION (160 pounds and lower)

#1 Lightweight Fighter in the World: Takanori Gomi

2. Hayato Sakurai

3. Gilbert Melendez

4. Tatsuya Kawajiri

5. Shinya Aoki

6. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribeiro

7. Joachim Hansen

8. Mitsuhiro Ishida

9. Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto

10. Sean Sherk

LINK
rcg916
6/27/07 11:53:29AM
thanks for the rankings, but I think their system sucks, and their rankings are way off! lol
Fanboy 1988
6/27/07 12:23:03PM
how can Randy Couture be number 5?
DMcCabe11
6/27/07 12:27:42PM
their rankings are absolutely terrible i hate their lightweight rankings, rampage is way too high(he beat one fighter and we all knew he had his #), and i personally believe marquardt is too low at 85, and fitch is too low at 70
NME
6/27/07 12:30:00PM

Posted by Fanboy 1988

Do you think Couture should be ranked higher or lower?
DMcCabe11
6/27/07 12:33:49PM
i think randy's ranking is good cuz i find him so hard to place i really am confused about where to put him so i think 5 is a good spot for him right now
Infused
6/27/07 12:40:58PM

Posted by DMcCabe11

their rankings are absolutely terrible i hate their lightweight rankings, rampage is way too high(he beat one fighter and we all knew he had his #), and i personally believe marquardt is too low at 85, and fitch is too low at 70

I don't think Rampage is too high. Chuck Liddell formally had that spot, and Rampage beat him very convinsingly therefore he should take the spot over. Just my opinion.
DMcCabe11
6/27/07 12:44:26PM

I don't think Rampage is too high. Chuck Liddell formally had that spot, and Rampage beat him very convinsingly therefore he should take the spot over. Just my opinion.

I didnt think Chuck was # 1 and also i picked Rampage for that fight because i believed that rampage has chucks # and that fight proved it for me but i still think he wont beat wandy or shogun and im not sure he can beat Hendo either
ordean
6/27/07 12:49:51PM
Those rankings are poop
Piccosaur
6/27/07 1:00:12PM
I don't see Aleksander as a top 10 heavyweight. BJ Penn wasn't on either of the welter/light weight lists either.
DMcCabe11
6/27/07 1:03:15PM
When was the last time Alex fought i'd feel more comfortable putting a guy like Monson who has stayed active in there over a ALex or a VEra who hasnt seen action in a very long time
fedorwins1
6/27/07 1:08:06PM
Sherk is way too low , oh yea Franklin is above Henderson
DMcCabe11
6/27/07 1:19:54PM
I cant even get into the leightweight rankings the are absolute garbage
szucconi
6/27/07 1:44:14PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Sherk is way too low , oh yea Franklin is above Henderson

Don't even get me started on the Henderson ranking. He is 4th in the LHW and 5th in the MW. How does that make sense? Its like saying Rich Franklin would be top 4 in LHW, which he wasn't.
DMcCabe11
6/27/07 1:48:01PM

Don't even get me started on the Henderson ranking. He is 4th in the LHW and 5th in the MW. How does that make sense? Its like saying Rich Franklin would be top 4 in LHW, which he wasn't.

thats not true at all so if i put anderson silva above Hendo at 185 that means im putting silva above hendo at 205???
nubby
6/27/07 2:11:11PM
As soon as I saw that BJ Penn wasn't ona single list I knew this list had no merrit. HORRIBLE.
NME
6/27/07 2:11:43PM

Posted by DMcCabe11

When was the last time Alex fought i'd feel more comfortable putting a guy like Monson who has stayed active in there over a ALex or a VEra who hasnt seen action in a very long time

Jeff Monson's last fight was on 4/8/2007.

Aleksander Emelianenko's last fight was on 4/14/2007.
grappler0000
6/27/07 2:13:44PM

Posted by DMcCabe11

thats not true at all so if i put anderson silva above Hendo at 185 that means im putting silva above hendo at 205???

Franklin was originally fighting at 205...that's the difference.
nubby
6/27/07 2:17:41PM
Yeah but he dropped down because he knew 205 was going to be too hard for him.

Hrrrmm good fight idea, Tito vs Franklin.
szucconi
6/27/07 2:18:37PM

Posted by DMcCabe11

Logically, yes. I know it doesn't exactly work like that because for example Franklin’s big advantage at 185 is his size and he loses that at 205, but you would think he loses that size/strength advantage against Hendo as well and there for, should be lower then him at 185. Where would you rank Silva if he fought at 205? If he can beat Hendo at 185, why can't he beat him at 205? Again, logically what I am saying makes sense, but I don’t know if it would hold up practically because of style match ups and size/strength issues.
DMcCabe11
6/27/07 2:25:34PM

If he can beat Hendo at 185, why can't he beat him at 205? Again, logically what I am saying makes sense, but I don’t know if it would hold up practically because of style match ups and size/strength issues.

becuase 185 is a natural weight for anderson so he has an advantage at 185 but if he works out to get to 205 then he probably will be slower and less effective with his normal quick accurate strikes as opposed to henderson who has to cut down farther to get to 185 then he has to put on to weigh 205 therefore he will be stronger at 205 as opposed to anderson being slower
mmadb
6/27/07 2:42:34PM
Has anyone ever seen a rankings list they actually agreed with?
DMcCabe11
6/27/07 2:44:46PM

Posted by mmadb

ranking are always gonna be a faulty system....there is always one guy who wont be able to beat another the perfect example is Rampage....i mean he is very effective against Liddell obiviously....but he cannot handle Wandy thats y the ranking will never be correct
NME
6/27/07 2:48:37PM

Posted by mmadb

I can see rankings, disagree with them, but understand where the person/people ranking the fighters was coming from.

MMAWeekly consistently leaves me at a loss with many of their decisions.
Lethal
6/27/07 2:59:13PM
I think it's waay to early to give Gonzaga any rank...yes he beat Cro Cop but still. But yeah, these rankings are weird and Couture should be ranked higher
szucconi
6/27/07 3:03:35PM

Posted by DMcCabe11

If he can beat Hendo at 185, why can't he beat him at 205? Again, logically what I am saying makes sense, but I don’t know if it would hold up practically because of style match ups and size/strength issues.

becuase 185 is a natural weight for anderson so he has an advantage at 185 but if he works out to get to 205 then he probably will be slower and less effective with his normal quick accurate strikes as opposed to henderson who has to cut down farther to get to 185 then he has to put on to weigh 205 therefore he will be stronger at 205 as opposed to anderson being slower

That is partially true, but Silva doesn't have to get up to 205 he can just fight bigger guy and maintain his quickness. He has fought bigger guys before and done well. Weight cutting, if done properly, should not be a big factor in a fight. I don't know if Silva cuts weight, but Hendo would likely be back up at around 200 after the weight ins and before the fight. I think Hendo should be above Franklin and maybe Silva.
ncordless
6/27/07 3:14:28PM

Posted by mmadb

Yes..... mine
DMcCabe11
6/27/07 3:18:02PM
i also hink Hendo is the best MW but i dont think he's #1 at LHW obiviously i dont even think hes better than wandy
szucconi
6/27/07 3:20:05PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by mmadb

Yes..... mine

I think this sites rankings are much better then MMAWeekly's. I guess that includes yours. Good job ncordless.
Fanboy 1988
6/27/07 4:28:10PM

Posted by NME

Posted by Fanboy 1988

Do you think Couture should be ranked higher or lower?

Higher, I don't think he should be ranked number one but he's a holding a belt at the moment so I would say number 2 or 3.
Pages: [1] 2