MMAPlayground on Twitter

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » MMAPlayground on Twitter
hippysmacker
10/14/10 10:05:33PM
Thanks gartface for the idea. The owner has set up a account So if you area tweeter and want a reminder of when to make your picks. Follow us.
emfleek
10/15/10 8:35:40AM
I'm assuming the link is http://twitter.com/mmaplayground ? I can't check from work. I've been told that a 'Search' for MMAPlayground on Twitter revealed nothing.
gartface
10/15/10 8:41:46AM
That link does work. I'm following and will start trying to do some promotion as well.
gartface
10/15/10 9:23:49AM
Just a suggestion, that when the operator has the time, to maybe link the site news to Tweets(make the links to the forum instead of the actual news story). I have an account that I run as sort of a news service, and it seems people like to find those kinds of services. It will help get the word out about the site.

It just takes upkeep and persistence, and people will tag along.
emfleek
10/15/10 11:30:39PM

Posted by gartface

Just a suggestion, that when the operator has the time, to maybe link the site news to Tweets(make the links to the forum instead of the actual news story). I have an account that I run as sort of a news service, and it seems people like to find those kinds of services. It will help get the word out about the site.

It just takes upkeep and persistence, and people will tag along.

If anyone can help out by explaining how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it!
emfleek
10/16/10 12:03:42AM
Also, feel free to post your Twitter names here so we can follow you.
gartface
10/16/10 12:11:24AM
Suggestion for whoever is posting the news. If you set up an account through http://bit.ly you can shorten the links and post at the same time. It's pretty handy when doing bulk news stories.

Also, good job whoever is doing the posting. Like Mauro Ranallo would say, persistence is PARAMOUNT. Keep it up, and I'll try to tag along any followers I have.
emfleek
10/16/10 12:36:39AM

Posted by gartface

Suggestion for whoever is posting the news. If you set up an account through http://bit.ly you can shorten the links and post at the same time. It's pretty handy when doing bulk news stories.

Also, good job whoever is doing the posting. Like Mauro Ranallo would say, persistence is PARAMOUNT. Keep it up, and I'll try to tag along any followers I have.

I've been messing with it. I just created a new background and added it, too.
gartface
10/16/10 12:38:47AM
I'm digging it man. Way to go. My twitter is @TimHerb by the way. I also have one for our podcast, but I'll leave that our for obvious reasons.

I'm also writing a preview/breakdown for 120 right now. I know it's a little late, but I hopefully will be done in the next 20-30 minutes.
emfleek
10/16/10 12:42:31AM
Awesome. Send it directly to Jackelope and hippysmacker. Hopefully they get back online tonight or early tomorrow before the event.
gartface
10/16/10 12:50:03AM
Will do. Having to do it on notepad...haha I don't have office on this computer.
emfleek
10/16/10 12:52:03AM

Posted by gartface

Will do. Having to do it on notepad...haha I don't have office on this computer.

You should download OpenOffice.
gartface
10/16/10 1:01:16AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

You should download OpenOffice.

Haha, it's funny you should say that, because I work with it all day at work. We're too cheap to furnish our computers with Office...we have less than 15 people in our office. It's sad. I'm actually using my brother's laptop, which basically only has Windows 7 and Google Chrome on it, and I don't want to put anything on here.

I don't feel like sitting at my desktop at the moment, I'd rather write in bed. Oh, and I hate OpenOffice with a passion dude. Writer is an awful awful program...at least in my experience.
emfleek
10/16/10 1:09:08AM

Posted by gartface

Oh, and I hate OpenOffice with a passion dude. Writer is an awful awful program...at least in my experience.

Ditto. I have it on my laptop but never use it. I'd actually prefer to wait until I get to work (pathetic, yes) to type something, if needed.
gartface
10/16/10 1:13:17AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

Oh, and I hate OpenOffice with a passion dude. Writer is an awful awful program...at least in my experience.

Ditto. I have it on my laptop but never use it. I'd actually prefer to wait until I get to work (pathetic, yes) to type something, if needed.

Haha, well at least you don't have to use it for 8 hours a day... Luckily some of my job entails using Dreamweaver, which can definitely be a welcome diversion, though still annoying sometimes.
emfleek
10/16/10 11:25:38AM
We had our first RT today via The New York Badass! Milestones, bitches!
gartface
10/16/10 12:16:24PM

Posted by emfleek

We had our first RT today via The New York Badass! Milestones, bitches!

Good work Fleek!
DARRYL_Ledonne
12/16/10 2:45:18PM
I will follow you on twitter...!!!!!
SpiderSilva
9/20/11 7:55:44PM
follow me @spidersilva99!!!!!!
Poor_Franklin
9/22/11 12:03:21AM
@ufcfanboy84

Jorge Rivera, Scott Jorgensen, Nik Lentz, Charles Oliveira & Alan Belcher are all fighters that have tweeted me back in the past

I have multiple accounts, one for me & my friends & one strictly to follow mma stuff

my other one is @RednckTruckrHat

it's a lot raunchier & offensive due to my retweets from other comedians so if you are easily offended, please just follow ufcfan84