MMAPlayground HW Tourney RD 2

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » MMAPlayground HW Tourney RD 2
postman
7/14/10 8:00:21AM
All fighters are 100% healthly with full training camps. Vote only on round 2.

Brock Lesnar vs Fabricio Werdum

Cain Velasquez vs Frank Mir

Alistar Overeem vs Shane Carwin

Fedor vs JDS

Brock
Cain
Overeem
Fedor
Rabi
7/14/10 8:06:25AM
The fights in this rd are awsome:

Lesnar
Valesquez
Carwin
JDS
Pookie
7/14/10 9:07:25AM
Werdum over Lesnar - I think Mir's bjj skills are overrated, and that Lesnar probably isnt ready for the best bjj guy in the division yet.

Velasquez over Mir - Cain will punish mir on the ground and Mir never checks leg kicks, ever. Velasquez by methodical destruction.

Alistair Overeem over Shane Carwin - Overeem has the reach to play Carwin's game, and a much more dynamic skillset to enable him to pick his shots from range. Overeem via knee when carwin is gassing and shoots in.

JDS over Fedor - This has been my secret pick since the struve fight. I think Fedor isnt going to be afraid to strike with Jr, and that will be his down fall. In a game of give and take i think JDS puts out his lights with a counter as hes gettng bombarded by fedor. JDS screams into the air and marches across the cage, hoohah'ing the whole time.
lohmann
7/14/10 9:16:26AM
Fabricio Werdum
Cain Velasquez
Alistair Overeem
Fedor Emelianenko
cowcatcher
7/14/10 10:11:45AM
brock
cain
AO
fedor
Jackelope
7/14/10 10:21:58AM
Lesnar. Normally I'd pick Werdum but Lesnar has shown he's pretty smart about stuffing guys into the cage and giving them absolutely no room to work. He's just so big and smothering from the top.

Cain. I think Mir gets into trouble in the wrestling department. Although I'd actually say that if Mir can land a huge shot on the feet he could rock Cain pretty well and Mir definitely knows how to finish.

Ubereem. Even though I personally rank Carwin higher. Styles make fights, though.

Fedor. Pookie brings up a good point, but Fedor isn't and hasn't ever been the type to go completely lights out. I think if Fedor clinches up with JDS and tosses his ass that it will be game over within a minute on the ground for JDS.
emfleek
7/14/10 10:38:44AM
Brock Lesnar
Cain Velasquez
Shane Carwin
Fedor
sbulldavid
7/14/10 1:14:26PM
Lesner
Velasquez
Overeem
JDS
1daveufc
7/14/10 1:48:55PM
Lesnar
Velasquez
Overeem
Fedor
ncordless
7/14/10 2:13:43PM
Lesnar
Cain
Overeem
Fedor
marcoDGK
7/14/10 2:39:46PM
man, i wish this was real. lol these fights would be awesome.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/14/10 3:24:30PM
Lesnar
Velasquez
Ubereem
Fedor
Taylor8766
7/14/10 5:19:34PM
Lesnar
Velasquez
Carwin
Fedor
jae_1833
7/14/10 6:22:14PM
Brock (Werdum's chin is still suspect to me)
Cain (totally outworks Mir and finishes)
Overeem (range and technique all the way to KO)
Fedor (he's still the FN Man!!!!!!)
postman
7/14/10 8:16:34PM

Posted by marcoDGK

man, i wish this was real. lol these fights would be awesome.

Sadly its not but you can vote!
hate4thestate
7/15/10 3:53:22AM
Werdum

Werdum would definetly catch Brock.

Velasquez

Velasquez all day via anything of his choosing.

Overeem

this one is tough. I think Overeem is to fast for Carwin. Carwin was hurt by Gonzaga and id imagine Overeem dominates with brutal stand up and maybe finishes up with some GnP.

Fedor

JDS stand up is great but Fedor can take a shot. Im still worried about JDS' ground game as not seeing a whole lot of it. Fedor subs him sometime in the second or first maybe.
jjeans
7/15/10 5:58:11PM
Lesnar
Mir
Overeem
JDS
RyanC
7/15/10 6:47:29PM
Lesnar
Velasquez
Carwin
Fedor
Cdellorso
7/16/10 4:47:21AM
Brock Lesnar
Cain Velasquez
Shane Carwin
Fedor

Brock is more likely to "catch" Werdum.....after he throws him

AO VS Carwin would be a barn burner - hard to pick...
postman
7/16/10 8:28:32AM
I'm going to let this run thru Sunday night Rd 3 will be up Monday AM
Boo_Radley21
7/16/10 6:51:47PM
Brock Lesnar

Cain Velasquez

Shane Carwin

Fedor
postman
7/20/10 9:30:32AM
Sorry it took so long but I'm setting up rd 3 right now just was busy yesterday.