MMAPlayground's LHW Rankings

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » MMAPlayground's LHW Rankings
POLL: Which MMAPlayground ranking is the most off?
P4P 15% (3)
Heavyweight 5% (1)
Light Heavyweight 35% (7)
Middleweight 10% (2)
Welterweight 5% (1)
Lightweight 30% (6)
Pitbull09
5/27/08 11:10:41PM
1. Rampage Jackson
2. Chuck Liddel
3. Lyoto Machida
4. Forest Griffin
5. Wanderlei Silva
6. Shogun Rua
7. Dan Henderson
8. Keith Jardine
9. Rashad Evans
10. Thaigo Silva

This is what the community as a whole ranks the division. Out of all the rankings, I think this one is the worse.
How is Wanderlei lower than Griffin and Lyoto? He may have had three losses but they were to the #2 and #7 guys on this list. Plus he ripped Jardine (#8) apart.
Another thing is Henderson dropping makes me wonder if he should still be counted in the rankings. Penn stayed high on the WW division for awhile after he dropped but still.

Anyways do you guys agree this ranking is the worse ranked?
NatedawgThaM
5/27/08 11:23:26PM

Posted by Pitbull09

1. Rampage Jackson
2. Chuck Liddel
3. Lyoto Machida
4. Forest Griffin
5. Wanderlei Silva
6. Shogun Rua
7. Dan Henderson
8. Keith Jardine
9. Rashad Evans
10. Thaigo Silva

This is what the community as a whole ranks the division. Out of all the rankings, I think this one is the worse.
How is Wanderlei lower than Griffin and Lyoto? He may have had three losses but they were to the #2 and #7 guys on this list. Plus he ripped Jardine (#8) apart.
Another thing is Henderson dropping makes me wonder if he should still be counted in the rankings. Penn stayed high on the WW division for awhile after he dropped but still.

How is Liddell #2 after getting knocked out, then losing to somebody not even ranked after his lost to Houston. Then he beats somebody with three straights losses and he's #2? Dan Henderson knocks out Wandy ending his several year reign and then loses to the #1 and #2 P4P fighters in the world and he's #7?

I got...

(Rank on last few fights)
1. Rampage(Duh)
2. Hendo
3. Forrest(at least until he loses to Rampage, he earned it beating #1 Shogun)
4. Liddell
5. Wandy
6. Machida
7. Jardine
8. Tito
9. Rashad
10. Thiago
jiujitsufreak74
5/27/08 11:32:50PM
i am torn between LW and LHW. for my LW i have 8 of the top 10 outside of the UFC, but it is understandable to rank people in the UFC in the top 10 because there is no definitive way to say which is better so i will let that slide. so, i picked LHW.

-No way in hell Chuck should be #2...i barely have him at 5

-Thiago shouldn't be in the top 10...he doesn't have any good wins. i have Soko in there at #10 because he has 2 high caliber wins and a win over Nakamura is solid as well. Thiago's best win is over James Irvin and that was from an injury.

-Wanderlei should not be in the top 5 just yet. going 1 for 4 out of your last 3 fights isn't exactly the best resume for a top 5 spot, even if it is against top competition. i have Wandy at #7.

-Shogun is a bit too low for my taste. he loses to Forrest on what was supposedly a bad leg (let's not get into it) and then everyone suddenly forgets what he accomplished. hindsight is 20/20 but we often misuse it.

here are my rankings:

#1 Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
#2 Lyoto Machida
#3 Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
#4 Forrest Griffin
#5 Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
#6 Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
#7 Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva
#8 Keith "The Dean of Mean" Jardine
#9 Rashad "Sugar" Evans
#10 Rameau "African Assassin" Sokoudjou

Pitbull09
5/27/08 11:35:56PM
I forgot about the Chuck thing, if anything he is 3 or lower. I think the triangle with him Wanderlei, Chuck, and Quinten makes it alittle harder but Jackson can keep the safer spot because hes champ but with Chuck coming off two loses to just beat Wanderlei doesnt make sense to why he is still two. If anything, Jardine is in the ranking only because he beat Liddel.
NatedawgThaM
5/27/08 11:40:39PM

Posted by Pitbull09

I forgot about the Chuck thing, if anything he is 3 or lower. I think the triangle with him Wanderlei, Chuck, and Quinten makes it alittle harder but Jackson can keep the safer spot because hes champ but with Chuck coming off two loses to just beat Wanderlei doesnt make sense to why he is still two. If anything, Jardine is in the ranking only because he beat Liddel.

No, he also knocked the F out Forrest who is getting the next title shot. He got robbed against Bonnar so you don't hold that fight against him. He has to make the top 10.
Pookie
5/27/08 11:48:29PM
Mw, Akiyama isnt even top ten.
holt8081
5/27/08 11:48:45PM
I think these rankings are more of peoples favs.
Pitbull09
5/27/08 11:52:59PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by Pitbull09

No, he also knocked the F out Forrest who is getting the next title shot. He got robbed against Bonnar so you don't hold that fight against him. He has to make the top 10.

But what Im saying is if didnt win to Chuck, we would see his credentials as beating Forest and losing a decision to Bonner (who isnt even top ten). I agree he is in the top 10 because of his win to Chuck but thats about the only reason to me right now.
Aaronno9
5/28/08 1:24:56AM
These are my LHW rankings -

Quinton Jackson

Chuck Liddell

Mauricio Rua

Wanderlei Silva

Lyoto Machida

Forrest Griffin

Keith Jardine

Rashad Evans

Thiago Silva

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

I try to stay away from ranking guys high becouse they picked up one win, imo, griffin and jardine dont deserve to be ranked top 5 yet becouse every time they go a role they get pegged down again, Forrest by jardine and tito, jardine but alexander and wandy. I think having rampage at number one is the only clear ranking in this division, an argument can be made for all of the top ten guys being higher or lower.

Alot of the times i take into account who i think would win a fight aswell, like i was totally torn over shogun or chuck for number 2 after they both dropped fights against forrest and jardine, but i think chuck would beat shogun, so thats why i have him ranked higher. Might not be the best way to do it i know but i like my rankings.

As for hendo, hes a middleweight now so its pointless having him in there. I try to stay away from ranking guys in divisions they dont fight in, which makes it hard to rank guys like nick diaz.
ncordless
5/28/08 1:50:55AM

Posted by Aaronno9

These are my LHW rankings -

Quinton Jackson

Chuck Liddell

Mauricio Rua

Wanderlei Silva

Lyoto Machida

Forrest Griffin

Keith Jardine

Rashad Evans

Thiago Silva

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

I try to stay away from ranking guys high becouse they picked up one win, imo, griffin and jardine dont deserve to be ranked top 5 yet becouse every time they go a role they get pegged down again, Forrest by jardine and tito, jardine but alexander and wandy. I think having rampage at number one is the only clear ranking in this division, an argument can be made for all of the top ten guys being higher or lower.

Alot of the times i take into account who i think would win a fight aswell, like i was totally torn over shogun or chuck for number 2 after they both dropped fights against forrest and jardine, but i think chuck would beat shogun, so thats why i have him ranked higher. Might not be the best way to do it i know but i like my rankings.

As for hendo, hes a middleweight now so its pointless having him in there. I try to stay away from ranking guys in divisions they dont fight in, which makes it hard to rank guys like nick diaz.

I agree... I have removed Hendo from my line up because he is committed to another division. I put alot more stock on Forrest's win over Shogun and Chuck's win over Wandy...

1 Rampage
2 Forrest
3 Chuck Liddell
4 Shogun
5 Wandy
6 Machida
7 Jardine
8 Thiago Silva
9 Rashad Evans
10 Lil Nog

Makes me sad not to see Lil Nog and Arona in the UFC, I think they could be six and seven if they were.
rabbit915
5/28/08 10:03:32AM
For me its the LWs that are way off. I feel that people tend to overrated guys in the UFC and underrate people in the Japanese orgs. And yes to answer your next question, I do have BJ Penn ranked over Gomi. I actually have aoki ranked over Gomi too.
cowcatcher
5/28/08 10:55:36AM
heres mine
rampage
machida
griffin
shogun
chuck
wandy
hendo
rashad
t. silva
soko

its hard for me to leave hendo out, and i never was that high on jardine because he seems to have a bit of a glass jaw IMO so hes out but hes top 15 for me. all of the guys on every list on here are pretty interchangable and i think any of them are capable of beating any other because the LHW division is so strong so its tough to say that the rankings arent what they should be.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/28/08 12:22:16PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by Pitbull09

1. Rampage Jackson
2. Chuck Liddel
3. Lyoto Machida
4. Forest Griffin
5. Wanderlei Silva
6. Shogun Rua
7. Dan Henderson
8. Keith Jardine
9. Rashad Evans
10. Thaigo Silva

How is Liddell #2 after getting knocked out, then losing to somebody not even ranked after his lost to Houston. Then he beats somebody with three straights losses and he's #2? Dan Henderson knocks out Wandy ending his several year reign and then loses to the #1 and #2 P4P fighters in the world and he's #7?

I got...

1. Rampage(Duh)
2. Hendo
4. Liddell
5. Wandy
6. Machida
7. Jardine
8. Tito
9. Rashad
10. Thiago

Tito hasnt beaten anyone good in years & u got him @ 8?
Where's Shogun?
Cdellorso
5/28/08 12:32:07PM

Posted by NatedawgThaMways do you guys agree this ranking is the How is Liddell #2 after getting knocked out, then losing to somebody not even ranked after his lost to Houston. Then he beats somebody with three straights losses and he's #2? Dan Henderson knocks out Wandy ending his several year reign and then loses to the #1 and #2 P4P fighters in the world and he's #7?

I got...

1. Rampage(Duh)
2. Hendo
4. Liddell
5. Wandy
6. Machida
7. Jardine
8. Tito
9. Rashad
10. Thiago

Hendo looked pretty solid against Page.. and was doing well agianst silva till the BJJ dominance... I agree hendo 2 till he loses to someone not in the top 5 in the world...t
Cdellorso
5/28/08 1:02:35PM
1. Rampage
2. Hendo
3. Forrest
4. Liddell
5. Wandy
6. Machida
7. Evans
8. Thiago Silva
9. Matt Hammill
10. Ortiz

How did Lidell lose. its not not like oops i got caught with a great punch..
Forrest I love him but how do you lose to Jardine and then beat Jua
TITO?? no way I say matt Hamill before Tito - This is tough weight class

NatedawgThaM
5/28/08 1:27:27PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Tito hasnt beaten anyone good in years & u got him @ 8?
Where's Shogun?

He beat Forrest who I have #3, and he only lost to Liddell and Machida who I have 4 & 6. He also beat Rashad bar the stupid holding the fence penalty so I had to keep him above Rashad.

Shogun I'm afraid to rank just yet. He's gonna be out for a whole year when he finally does fight and I'm really worried that knee injury is chronic and we will never see the PRIDE Shogun ever again. So I'm gonna wait until I see him fight to rank him/
iwannabesedated
5/28/08 3:05:34PM
1.Quinton Jackson

2 Lyoto Machida

3 Forrest Griffin

4 Chuck Liddell

5 Mauricio Rua

6 Dan Henderson

7 Wanderlei Silva

8 Thiago Silva

9 Rashad Evans

10 Keith Jardine.