MMAPlayground Fantasy League #2 - ONE MORE TEAM NEEDED!!!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MMAPlayground Fantasy League #2 - ONE MORE TEAM NEEDED!!!
emfleek
8/17/08 11:51:20AM
I recently started a 2nd MMAPlayground fantasy league on Yahoo. Right now, we have 9 managers and we're still in need of 1 more to round out the league. If you're interested, and you're DEVOTED (meaning you're not going to sign up and eventually abandon your team because it sucks) then send me a private message and I'll get the info to you.

First come, first serve!

EDIT - It's possible, depending on interest, that we may increase the size of the league from 10 to 12. So there's potentially 3 spots open.
Ben_Hutch
8/17/08 12:01:53PM
I wana join!

Hook me up. Although I don't know the rules so I may need a hand on that one.
emfleek
8/17/08 8:41:14PM
League is full. Thanks, guys.
nastshabast
8/17/08 9:23:33PM
Bump it to 12. Crushedbacon and I are in.
emfleek
8/18/08 9:28:19AM

Posted by nastshabast

Bump it to 12. Crushedbacon and I are in.

Done. Check your inbox.
4u2nv
8/18/08 9:49:02AM
id join! i posted to join before in another topic... but its cool!
emfleek
8/18/08 9:52:05AM

Posted by 4u2nv

Sorry, man. 4 people responed...there was only 1 spot to fill originally before I decided to expand to 12 teams.

3 people signed up
1 person thought this was a fantasy MMA league

I hate participating in teams with more than 12 teams...sorry.
mkiv9secsupra
8/18/08 10:16:41AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by 4u2nv

Sorry, man. 4 people responed...there was only 1 spot to fill originally before I decided to expand to 12 teams.

3 people signed up
1 person thought this was a fantasy MMA league

I hate participating in teams with more than 12 teams...sorry.

Yeah drafting when you have more than 8 teams almost makes it bare. 10 is stretching it and 12 is even worse.
emfleek
8/18/08 10:18:55AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Yeah drafting when you have more than 8 teams almost makes it bare. 10 is stretching it and 12 is even worse.

I tend to disagree. Having 8 teams gives everyone a loaded team. 10 teams is the default setting for a Yahoo league and usually means that the teams are pretty fair and balanced.

With 12 teams...someone usually gets shafted. That's also the same team that usually ends up being the 'dead' team by week 4.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/18/08 10:28:10AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I tend to disagree. Having 8 teams gives everyone a loaded team. 10 teams is the default setting for a Yahoo league and usually means that the teams are pretty fair and balanced.

With 12 teams...someone usually gets shafted. That's also the same team that usually ends up being the 'dead' team by week 4.

100% ... 12 teams IMO is the best format for a football fantasy league. A top player for every team, but only 1. Of course there's always that "lucky" longshot pick but still 12 teams makes the league more balanced.
mkiv9secsupra
8/18/08 10:32:57AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

i just hate when you are the last person to draft. After 9 people you have already been deprived of Addai, Moss, Brady, Peterson, Tomlinson, Westbrook, T.O., Portis, P Manning(that was also my predraft ranking). The shoe ins for gold are already gone and you have to start doing the hardcore research to figure out who will be the high scorers
emfleek
8/18/08 10:36:03AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

i just hate when you are the last person to draft. After 9 people you have already been deprived of Addai, Moss, Brady, Peterson, Tomlinson, Westbrook, T.O., Portis, P Manning(that was also my predraft ranking). The shoe ins for gold are already gone and you have to start doing the hardcore research to figure out who will be the high scorers

That's where the competitiveness comes in to play. I enjoy doing that research. It's no fun if everything is done for you. In my opinion, anyways...
mkiv9secsupra
8/18/08 10:43:30AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

That's where the competitiveness comes in to play. I enjoy doing that research. It's no fun if everything is done for you. In my opinion, anyways...

Oh yeah that is the fun part about it, figuring out and predicting what will happen. But it sucks when most of the other teams pick Brady Manning Romo Brees etc in their first QB pick(usually 3rd round) and then i get stuck with McNabb who is a decent player but doesnt compare to the others. I think thats why i like salary cap a little better.
emfleek
8/18/08 10:49:47AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Oh yeah that is the fun part about it, figuring out and predicting what will happen. But it sucks when most of the other teams pick Brady Manning Romo Brees etc in their first QB pick(usually 3rd round) and then i get stuck with McNabb who is a decent player but doesnt compare to the others. I think thats why i like salary cap a little better.

It's all about the luck of the draw and how you draft. Chances are, you took someone THEY wanted. Make it work.
mkiv9secsupra
8/18/08 10:53:38AM

Posted by emfleek
It's all about the luck of the draw and how you draft. Chances are, you took someone THEY wanted. Make it work.

yeah i think i can do pretty good i got a lot of the good RBs so that should help a lot. BTW has your league drafted yet?
emfleek
8/18/08 10:56:03AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

yeah i think i can do pretty good i got a lot of the good RBs so that should help a lot. BTW has your league drafted yet?

I'm in 8 leagues.

2 leagues have drafted but they were done via Auto draft. The other 6 leagues I'm in will draft this weekend.