MMAPLAYGROUND FANTASY FOOTBALL- YOUR TEAMS BIGGEST SURPRISES AND DISAPPOINTMENTS

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MMAPLAYGROUND FANTASY FOOTBALL- YOUR TEAMS BIGGEST SURPRISES AND DISAPPOINTMENTS
Next Page »
prophecy033
10/19/11 3:48:57PM
We're already 6 weeks in and already I've seen some players play better and worse than I thought they would. I'm wondering who, out of your rosters, has played the best and worst.

My biggest surprise is Fred Jackson (RB-Bills). He ranked the #1 RB in fantasy scoring. I figured he would be a good complement to Rogers but I had no idea he would get me as many points as he has.

My biggest disappointment would he Colston (WR- Saints). It hasn't been his fault that he hasn't put up a lot of points beings he was injured bit I thought he would stay healthy. The good news is that he's back on the field.
emfleek
10/19/11 3:54:36PM
FMT
Poor_Franklin
10/19/11 4:06:33PM
i picked up colston after he got hurt & held him on my bench for 3 weeks. he's going to pay off big by season's end
prophecy033
10/19/11 4:24:00PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i picked up colston after he got hurt & held him on my bench for 3 weeks. he's going to pay off big by season's end

you should have joined the playground league. What league did you join?
Twenty20Dollars
10/19/11 5:29:39PM
prophecy is killing us in the playground league.

I'm climbing back from 0-4 and at 2-4 now.

Biggest suprise might be Garcon or Rob Gronkowski.

Disapointment prolly Lynch, Wayne, and even Matty Ice. Also I don't have a decent defense, I just pick up the best looking one for the week.
prophecy033
10/19/11 5:46:57PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

prophecy is killing us in the playground league.

I'm climbing back from 0-4 and at 2-4 now.

Biggest suprise might be Garcon or Rob Gronkowski.

Disapointment prolly Lynch, Wayne, and even Matty Ice. Also I don't have a decent defense, I just pick up the best looking one for the week.

what team are you 20? Oh, I just dropped the Giants D because the Ravens already had their bye week
Twenty20Dollars
10/19/11 6:19:19PM
The Modest Mice

I picked up the cowboys D for this week against STL.
Poor_Franklin
10/19/11 7:14:15PM
im in a league w/ some local guys i know. 3-3 so far. we only had 6 people so our teams are stacked lol

prophecy033
10/19/11 7:37:18PM

The Modest Mice

I picked up the cowboys D for this week against STL.

oh snap, I played you week 1
Twenty20Dollars
10/19/11 8:05:41PM
or you owned me week 1
prophecy033
10/19/11 8:23:50PM

or you owned me week 1

I didn't own you. I beat you. And if we match up again I'm gonna be just as worried as I was week 1. I don't rub stuff in peoples faces just to make myself look good on these forums. Every day is different and you could kick my ass next time worse than anyone's ever been beat. Truth
Playground_Samurai
10/19/11 11:38:40PM
Strictly in the playground league....

Biggest surprise is Jimmy Graham. Not really a huge surprise because I knew he was a sleeper, but he's definately exceeding expectations.

Biggest dissapointment is Mike Williams South. Definately under achieving at this point.

Overall....i'm loving Fred Jackson. I drafted him as a 3rd RB in another league behind Jamaal Charles and Frank Gore. Initially, I meant to draft Ray Rice but clicked the draft button when Charles was highlighted on accident. I wasn't too upset about it until Charles sustained a season ending injury in week 1. I thought I was screwed for sure. That's not the case though. Fred Jackson has saved my season and I am currently in 2nd place in that league. I'm still kicking myself though for not getting Rice like I intended to. Rice, Gore, and Jackson would have made me pretty much unstoppable. I still have a great team though.

QB - Matt Stafford
RB - Fred Jackson
RB - Frank Gore
RB/WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Dwayne Bowe
TE - Jimmy Graham
Def - Cowboys
K - Robbie Gould

B - Matt Schaub
B - Anquan Boldin
B - Daniel Thomas
B - Earnest Graham
B - Michael Bush
B - Eagles Def
B - Brandon Pettigrew

Pretty stacked if you ask me.
Playground_Samurai
10/19/11 11:49:38PM
Daniel Thomas was a good pickup Prophecy. I didn't pay close enough attention to notice he was available on the wire. If I had, I would've definately put my bid in.
prophecy033
10/19/11 11:58:38PM

Posted by gspfan

Daniel Thomas was a good pickup Prophecy. I didn't pay close enough attention to notice he was available on the wire. If I had, I would've definately put my bid in.

yeah, I needed another RB because Hillis is most likely out and Fred Jackson has a bye.
kingsmasher
10/20/11 11:17:06AM
My whole team is a disappointment...Mendenhall is the biggest letdown...
emfleek
10/20/11 11:47:16AM
MY LINE-UP FOR THIS WEEK

QB: Tim Tebow (yes, I'm going there)
RB: Beanie Wells
RB: Ryan Torain
RB/WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Miles Austin
WR: Santonio Holmes
TE: Tony Gonzalez
D/ST: Oakland
K: Ryan Longwell

BENCH: Andre Johnson
BENCH: Mike Vick (Bye)
BENCH: DeAngelo Williams (turd)
BENCH: Shonn Greene
BENCH: Greg Olsen
BENCH: Houston D/ST
BENCH: Mario Manningham
Ordep
10/20/11 6:32:24PM
Playground League:

Biggest Dis: Jamaal Charles going down

Biggest Surprise: AJ Green (Thanks Fleek for the trade! )
emfleek
10/21/11 9:15:34AM

Posted by Ordep

No problem. Who did I get from you?
Ordep
10/21/11 12:59:43PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Ordep

No problem. Who did I get from you?

The law firm
prophecy033
10/21/11 3:10:03PM
I'm surprised nobody said Chad Ochocinco as a disappointment
prophecy033
10/26/11 4:53:42PM
Twenty20Dollars is the hottest team in our league, now on a 3 game winning streak (3-4). My 6 game winning streak was snapped last week
hippysmacker
10/28/11 2:17:25AM
I have too many leagues this year but there are a couple of WR's I got a lot and both are shocking me.

Bad- Roddy White( 5 times) . I had him ranked as the #2 wr coming in this year and he's around top 20-25. All 5 leagues I have him in he was my 1rst wr drafted.

Good- Steve Smith(CAR-7 times) He had fallen so far and I kept getting him so late I had to take him. I figured he would be Newtons only reliable downfield threat.Depending on the leagues depth he was my 5th to 7th wr drafted each time. Never thought he'd return to his prime top 5 wr form
Kpro
10/28/11 7:46:56AM
My biggest disappointment is in my $1200 to winner league I finally got a top 2 pick in year 6 and I took CJY2K (AP was gone). I flipped him after week 4 for Mendenhall/DeSean so if he would've broke out post-trade it would've been a double whammy.

Nicks was the only WR I took in the first 10 rounds as I hoarded RB's for future trades, so Jordy Nelson has been my biggest surprise as I took him very very late and he's to this point put up back end WR1 numbers along with Nicks.
prophecy033
10/28/11 3:04:26PM

Posted by Kpro

My biggest disappointment is in my $1200 to winner league I finally got a top 2 pick in year 6 and I took CJY2K (AP was gone). I flipped him after week 4 for Mendenhall/DeSean so if he would've broke out post-trade it would've been a double whammy.

Nicks was the only WR I took in the first 10 rounds as I hoarded RB's for future trades, so Jordy Nelson has been my biggest surprise as I took him very very late and he's to this point put up back end WR1 numbers along with Nicks.

I have Nelson also. He started out good and then in week 2 or 3 he was having a bad game and I was second guessing him. Then he grabs 1 pass for an 84 yard touchdown and got me 14 pts. He restored my faith with 1 catch.
Playground_Samurai
10/30/11 1:54:31PM
Glad some people didn't pay attention to the post i made in the previous thread about not wasting our time and joining if you were going to quit mid season and stop paying attention. Playing kingsmasher this week and he multiple players in his starting line up who are on a bye. Considering he's 0-7, i'm assuming this isn't the first week he hasn't been setting his lineup.
prophecy033
10/30/11 2:50:49PM

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Glad some people didn't pay attention to the post i made in the previous thread about not wasting our time and joining if you were going to quit mid season and stop paying attention. Playing kingsmasher this week and he multiple players in his starting line up who are on a bye. Considering he's 0-7, i'm assuming this isn't the first week he hasn't been setting his lineup.

that's him just being a poor sport. On a side note, looks like I'm gonna lose my second on a row
prophecy033
10/30/11 5:10:25PM
I knew I was gonna have a hard time winning during Fred Jackson and Wes Welkers bye week and Rogers and Jordy Nelson bye week. What i didn't expect was for Mcgahee, Hillis and Daniel Thomas all to be injured at the same time. Jackson is the only HB that has been dependable for me. Colston has been hit or miss for the most part due to injury and Owen Daniels and Dallas Clark both seen to have better days when I sit them.
Bubbles
11/3/11 12:14:44AM
i want to join the PG league next year
emfleek
11/3/11 8:29:41AM
My team in the Playground league sucks.

In Hippy's dynasty league, I'm in 3rd currently. In the only pay league I'm in, I'm sitting in 2nd place.
40ouncetpkid
11/5/11 3:22:02AM
I didn't do a live draft and at first my team was meh I started off 1-2 but have won 4 straight! In a deep league too theirs 12 teams so sometimes I've been stuck starting second string guys. Pierre Thomas and julious Jones have been big disappointment. Daniel Thomas from Miami looked good with back to back 100 yard games but his nagging hamstring injury is a pain in the ass especially since bush had his best game in Miami last week which is bad.

Thank god Rogers and the packers haven't got hit with the curse. He's been single handedly winning for me. Bowe and Wallace have been reliable recievers but manningham has been itch but luckily when Jones got hurt I cashed in on Murray when he got 200 yards
Pages: [1] 2