MMAPlayground Fantasy Baseball (on Yahoo!)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MMAPlayground Fantasy Baseball (on Yahoo!)
Next Page »
emfleek
2/11/09 10:44:27AM
I have PM's sent out to a few people to see if they're wanting to sign-up for this year's league since last year's league was a success. In other words, the typical 12-14 spots aren't open as of right now.

There are *at least* 5 spots open. If you're interested, drop me a line!

5X5 Head-To-Head League
12 Teams Max (possibly 14 if enough interest is generated)
Live Draft (scheduled for March 15, 2009 @ 8:15pm)
-----------------------------------------

CONFIRMED
emfleek (The Chubbies)
cowcatcher (Milwaukee's Best)
chuckw94 (warriors94)
gspfan (Ohio Green Team)
Mayhem13 (Taint Punchers)
Shawn9111 (Honey Nut Ichiros)
RampageOwnedYou (Barrie Rampage)
Kpro (Kpro's Love Machines)
D0wnUnd6e6r (Swingin' Otters Pt. 2)
AchillesHeel (We Happy Few)
Ordep (Yankroids)
40ouncetofreedom (Taint Punchers)
chuckw94
2/11/09 10:49:53AM
if there's room i'll try it. never played baseball, but i play fantasy basketball and football. go cubs!!!
emfleek
2/11/09 10:54:17AM

Posted by chuckw94

if there's room i'll try it. never played baseball, but i play fantasy basketball and football. go cubs!!!

Message sent.
Mayhem13
2/11/09 4:27:50PM
never did a baseball one, but I am down to give it a try....

I will take David Justice, Albert Belle and Carlos Bearaga or however the hell you spell it.

AchillesHeel
2/11/09 7:14:40PM
Been a couple of years since I played fantasy baseball. I'll give it a go, if you've got a spot open.
Kpro
2/11/09 9:11:33PM
Kpro's Love Machines have answered the challenge.
Ordep
2/11/09 9:50:39PM
The Yankroids, new team interested in a spot if still available

D0wnUnd6e6r
2/12/09 9:47:35AM
im in im in sorry for late responses im late all over the place. play ball, and rampagedowned you ill get back to you soon as i get **** straight in my head. sorry bros
emfleek
2/12/09 10:32:11AM
If your team name isn't listed above, please post it here. Thanks.
AchillesHeel
2/12/09 11:06:49AM

Posted by emfleek

If your team name isn't listed above, please post it here. Thanks.

We Happy Few
emfleek
2/17/09 10:18:23AM
FYI - The following changes were made today.

- Min Innings Pitched changed from '7' to '18'
- Playoffs changed from 'None' to 'Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams)
- Max Moves changed from 'No maximum' to '50'
Hendo67
2/22/09 3:39:53PM
I'll play if there's room!
Ordep
3/17/09 12:09:36AM
Draft over, It's on!
Kpro
3/17/09 2:37:24AM
why did we cap the moves, I wouldn't have joined.
Shawn91111
3/17/09 6:23:00AM

Posted by Kpro

agree..not that I wouldnt have played because my money league has a cap. Im just not for a max move league
AchillesHeel
3/17/09 10:05:15AM

Posted by Ordep

Draft over, It's on!

Maybe I should rename my team "The Wheel of Fortune." I went a little nuts on the high-upside youngsters. If this were a keeper league, I'd be psyched.
emfleek
3/17/09 11:11:56AM
Moves were capped to prevent owners from constantly dropping and adding players in order to pad stats. It gives everyone a little something more to think about and makes the league a little more challenging. It's pretty easy to constantly add pitchers that are starting on the day you add them, only to drop them for the next day's starters and their stats.

However...if the majority of you would rather not have a maximum, I'll change it back to No Max. It's up to you guys. I just figured it would make things a bit more challenging.
cowcatcher
3/17/09 11:13:20AM
all i know is that i loved fleeks ben sheets pick. picking a guy that isnt on the team anymore and is out for the year shows me hes a die hard closet brewers fan and secretly cheers for them against the cubs.

(i know you werent there live fleek, but i know he was still on your draft board as a passive way to show where your loyalties really lie)
emfleek
3/17/09 11:17:51AM

Posted by cowcatcher

all i know is that i loved fleeks ben sheets pick. picking a guy that isnt on the team anymore and is out for the year shows me hes a die hard closet brewers fan and secretly cheers for them against the cubs.

(i know you werent there live fleek, but i know he was still on your draft board as a passive way to show where your loyalties really lie)

I know. I had planned on being at the draft so didn't bother to pre-rank...it bit me in the ass, obviously. I shouldn't have gone out to the bar that night...
cowcatcher
3/17/09 11:27:32AM
BTW, im fine with a move limit, lets see who is the better fantasy manager, not who can log in after midnight first and grab the next days starting pitchers.
emfleek
3/17/09 11:28:45AM

Posted by cowcatcher

BTW, im fine with a move limit, lets see who is the better fantasy manager, not who can log in after midnight first and grab the next days starting pitchers.

Agreed.
AchillesHeel
3/17/09 11:32:20AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

Agreed.

+1
Kpro
3/19/09 4:47:33AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Kpro

agree..not that I wouldnt have played because my money league has a cap. Im just not for a max move league

Let's swap it back Emfleek, we joined as a no cap league. BS to change after joining.
emfleek
3/19/09 9:15:57AM

Posted by Kpro

Let's swap it back Emfleek, we joined as a no cap league. BS to change after joining.

BUT...you could've left the league. There was a month in between the time I changed it and the time we actually drafted.

But like I said...if the majority of the league wants me to change it back, I will. Otherwise, I see no problem with making the league a little more challenging.

As of right now...

FOR MAX:
cowcatcher
AchillesHeel
emfleek

AGAINST:
Shawn9111
KPro
Kpro
3/19/09 1:38:13PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

BUT...you could've left the league. There was a month in between the time I changed it and the time we actually drafted.

But like I said...if the majority of the league wants me to change it back, I will. Otherwise, I see no problem with making the league a little more challenging.

As of right now...

FOR MAX:
cowcatcher
AchillesHeel
emfleek

AGAINST:
Shawn9111
KPro

I don't log into a league I don't have a roster in, so you're change a month ago was made aware to me on draft day.

I think putting a move cap and then raising minimum innings from 7 to 18 is a little too much when combined together.

Regardless, if more people are for it then it is what it is; I just think it's excessive.
emfleek
3/19/09 1:58:58PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

As of right now...

FOR MAX:
cowcatcher
AchillesHeel
emfleek

AGAINST:
Shawn9111
KPro

I don't log into a league I don't have a roster in, so you're change a month ago was made aware to me on draft day.

I think putting a move cap and then raising minimum innings from 7 to 18 is a little too much when combined together.

Regardless, if more people are for it then it is what it is; I just think it's excessive.

I've got PM's out to the others and I'm just waiting on their votes.*

* Minus 40ouncetofreedom and RampageOwnedYou since they're both banned.
emfleek
3/19/09 2:11:18PM

Posted by emfleek

FOR MAX:
cowcatcher
AchillesHeel
emfleek
Mayhem13
Ordep
gspfan

AGAINST:
Shawn9111
KPro
D0wnUnd6e6r

Mayhem13
3/20/09 12:40:10AM
I can't believe I missed the draft...and am a little ticked that I don't have Shawn Dunston, David Justice or Andre Dawson on my team...

But honesty how bad does my team suck? I haven't followed baseball as closely as I used to and I have a few guys I am clueless on...haha
emfleek
3/20/09 8:39:56AM
Due to the majority of the league (6 for / 3 against) voting to keep the transaction max, we'll be keeping it.

HOWEVER...as a bit of a compromise, I'm going to bump it up to 65.
Ordep
9/7/09 7:11:54PM
Well, Playoffs started so here are the current match ups with seeds...

BYE:
(1)Shawn9111 (Honey Nut Ichiros)
(2)AchillesHeel (We Happy Few)

QF1:
(3)Ordep (Yankroids)
(6)40ouncetofreedom (Taint Punchers)

QF2:
(5)D0wnUnd6e6r (Swingin' Otters Pt. 2)
(4)cowcatcher (Milwaukee's Best)

ELIMINATED:
(7)Kpro (Under-Achievers)<- didn't make it by .5 game (similar to the Mets 07,08)
(8)gspfan (Ohio Green Team)
(9)emfleek (The Chubbies)
(10)RampageOwnedYou (San Jose Pitbulls)
(11)?????? (Legend Killer)
(12)Mayhem13 (mayhem monkeys)

Pages: [1] 2