MMAPG Logo

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » MMAPG Logo
Next Page »
Kpro
10/27/11 3:18:42AM
What fighter does it most resemble?
Kpro
10/27/11 3:32:44AM
hotrodttt says GSP (which is being posted by me due to iPhone issues )

I'd have to agree on the build and if he actually grew some hair maybe that also but the light brown hair throws me off the trail.

btw, there's no right answer that I know of. Just for fun.
grappler0000
10/27/11 3:43:47AM
He's got a Daniel Puder / Tito Ortiz kind of thing going on...with just a hint of Pat Smith.
Kpro
10/27/11 3:48:19AM

Posted by grappler0000

He's got a Daniel Puder / Tito Ortiz kind of thing going on...with just a hint of Pat Smith.

Or a Tito body with a Jordan Mein head, Carwin hands, and Franklin trunks.
Kpro
10/27/11 3:53:44AM
You could almost say Bisping, but the logo isn't circling to the right.
Poor_Franklin
10/27/11 5:31:46AM
bisping head on a tito body.

you know it's not tito's head bc it's not covering the entire logo....*da dun tss*
Chael_Sonnen
10/27/11 8:05:35AM

Posted by Kpro

You could almost say Bisping, but the logo isn't circling to the right.

Or it's not Spitting
FastKnockout
10/27/11 8:30:45AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

bisping head on a tito body.

you know it's not tito's head bc it's not covering the entire logo....*da dun tss*

Bisping with solid abs.
kopower
10/27/11 9:05:01AM
I still say Tito.
Theoutlaw08
10/27/11 9:08:23AM
I thought it looked like Bisping....which made me instantly hate it.
Shawn91111
10/27/11 9:10:53AM
Jerry West
cowcatcher
10/27/11 9:55:33AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Jerry West

Cooler
10/27/11 1:49:50PM
I mentioned this is an earlier thread and it most certainly looks like Bisping.

Here's why..

The argument against GSP... the logo doesnt have the chest tattoo and the face is all wrong to be GSP, its a pouty look and the hairline is wrong.

The argument against Tito... while the head is surely big enough, the hair is wrong and the face is wrong, other than that it very well could be a Tito ripoff but i think the hairline is also wrong.

With Bisping you have the same rounded hairline, same body type, same facial expression, same facial structure, same stomach, same hair color.

I think it's more than likely a Bisping logo.
prophecy033
10/27/11 4:06:14PM
I though it looked like Todd Duffee
DoTheMMAth
10/27/11 5:00:56PM
Fun fact: the logo we used (of the fighter kicking) up until now was a vector graphic based on an actual photograph of Crocop kicking.

This logo was outsourced - I can't draw that well even still. I'll have to ask what pic it was based on.
prophecy033
10/27/11 5:10:26PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Fun fact: the logo we used (of the fighter kicking) up until now was a vector graphic based on an actual photograph of Crocop kicking.

This logo was outsourced - I can't draw that well even still. I'll have to ask what pic it was based on.

Cro-Cop kick you say? Whole new respect for the kicking guy
DoTheMMAth
10/27/11 5:21:26PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Graphic artist's (an old workmate of mine) vector interpretation:

Based On Photo:

Pride nuthugger / Crocop fan / Sherdog fan - guilty as charged.

prophecy033
10/27/11 5:29:55PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Graphic artist's (an old workmate of mine) vector interpretation:

Based On Photo:

Pride nuthugger / Crocop fan / Sherdog fan - guilty as charged.

Barnett dodged a bullet on that one
Poor_Franklin
10/27/11 5:44:12PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

makes me love my t shirt even more
grappler0000
10/27/11 5:45:04PM

Posted by prophecy033

Barnett dodged a bullet on that one

More like a trip to the cemetery.
tcunningham
10/27/11 9:50:17PM
id say the logo looks like if cro cop and tito had a baby with a sixpack.
KungFuMaster
10/28/11 6:55:10PM
It looks like Bisping to me. The features does help to resemble Bisping but what does it for me is the stance. That is exactly how Bisping stands in fight mode.
KungFuMaster
10/28/11 7:03:16PM
One more thing: I hope I don't offend the admins or anybody who put effort into this logo when I say I don't like it. It is beginning to resemble and look like most other mma sites. Playground had a unique look to it before which translated to maturity IMO. The top logo now looks like something from a kids forum. It has blood. The background is gray which can be depicted as dark and evil. Besides that, I like all the other changes.
DoTheMMAth
10/28/11 7:46:34PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

One more thing: I hope I don't offend the admins or anybody who put effort into this logo when I say I don't like it. It is beginning to resemble and look like most other mma sites. Playground had a unique look to it before which translated to maturity IMO. The top logo now looks like something from a kids forum. It has blood. The background is gray which can be depicted as dark and evil. Besides that, I like all the other changes.

Opinions fully welcomed. The more honest and to the point, the better. Negative feedback is often the most useful IMO.
FlashyG
10/28/11 8:34:31PM
I really like the new color scheme, and I love the textured background in the header but I'm not huge on the logo.

I feel like it looks cartoonish to me and it fights against the more professional looking backround and navigational buttons, more importantly I don't think it makes a good use of the space in the header.

Maybe its my TV screen but the logo seems kind of small and crammed in the corner when the title could be on one line and filling the space more.

Just my 2 cents from a shitty former graphic artist.

KungFuMaster
10/28/11 11:22:24PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by KungFuMaster

Opinions fully welcomed. The more honest and to the point, the better. Negative feedback is often the most useful IMO.

I gave my opinions for future reference. I doubt any more and new changes will be happening soon.

This site is designed for mature discussion -

- To attract mature members
- To attract companies to advertise on playground

First impressions are very important for any company if it wants to advertise on any given site. The traffic must be good and the company has to take into account what kind of members are visiting the site. I just don't want playground to give off the impression we are all kids. >>>because IMO, that is what the current logo implies.
DeadHead988
10/29/11 1:37:30AM
James Thompson
DoTheMMAth
10/31/11 9:58:59AM
Turns out that the designer drew a sketch by hand then converted it to a graphic. The sketch was based off of the following 2 posters he said, so I guess the answer is that our mascot was based on a mix of Neer and Bisping?? Funny what a non-MMA graphics guy picked out....

Kpro
10/31/11 3:17:48PM
So it's Neersping?
ncordless
10/31/11 3:33:52PM
I love the new look of the site.

The only thing that I am not loving is the blood on the logo. There is something about it that reminds me of bad '80's splatter paint.

Also, its placement leads one to believe that the mmaplayground.com logo fell on whoever the opponent of Neersping was.
Pages: [1] 2