MMANews.com Exclusive: Interview With Kimbo Slice

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » MMANews.com Exclusive: Interview With Kimbo Slice
disorderlyvision
5/8/08 7:47:01PM
link

On May 31st EliteXC will do something that no other MMA company has done in North America when it airs the first ever live MMA card to be broadcast on network television. The main event of the evening will be Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson goes up against James Thompson in a heavyweight tilt. MMANews.com's own Chris Howie had the chance to speak with Kimbo in depth recently on a number of topics. Below is a transcript of that interview.

Darnok
5/8/08 7:54:36PM
Feed him another can. Lets get his record up so he looks like a god so that all newbies will continue to bow down to him.
Ben_Hutch
5/8/08 7:56:14PM

Posted by Darnok

Feed him another can. Lets get his record up so he looks like a god so that all newbies will continue to bow down to him.

Don't take JT to lightly, if he's at his best he could cause Kimbo some problems.
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/8/08 7:59:17PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by Darnok

Don't take JT to lightly, if he's at his best he could cause Kimbo some problems.

Can't fix a glass jaw
Ben_Hutch
5/8/08 8:03:19PM
Kimbo: " If I can change and you can change than we can all change [laughs]." What a joker, someones been watching Nate Quarry

Re the glass jaw: sadly that's true, i just hope he can protect it otherwise he's gona get KO'd after 1minute.
disorderlyvision
5/8/08 8:09:47PM
Kimbo Slice: That’s going to be cool man. That’s something I’m looking forward to. I’m loving the fact there are fans out there that are loving me and as a fighter I give my word to my fans that I’ll never tap out ever. Tapping out is for dirty men. If you get that arm you better ******* break it ‘cause once I get loose I’m going to get yours and I’m ******* breaking it. If you get me in a guillotine you best put me to sleep cause I’m going to put you to sleep if I get you. Other than that I’m coming to bang and that is one thing my fans will tell you ??" no matter what I’m bringing it.

i bet he goes back on his word
Ben_Hutch
5/8/08 8:11:33PM
Yeah, having your arm bent backwards isn't exactly fun, why wouldnt you tap? If he breaks your arm then you lose the fight anyway.

Kimbo came across as a decent guy in that interview, humble and honest.