mmanews.com

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » mmanews.com
aussiemma
1/30/12 4:57:55AM
does anyone here use mmanews.com ??? if so what do you think about the forums here compared to the other site ?
Budgellism
1/30/12 7:09:04AM
Can't say I've ever used that site. I have however used mmarmy, bloodyelbow, mmamania, mmajunkie and sherdog and they all fail in comparison to this one. By A LOT.

I might just be biased though. Nearly 5 years on one site will do that to you

Nice first event btw. Not a bad way to start off your Playground career.
emfleek
1/30/12 9:57:36AM
The levels of douchebaggery on other sites is a major turn-off to me.

We've been awfully strict on moderating in the past (for reasons that I won't go into) but I honestly think it helped to shape the community and to bring us to where we are today.

We may be small compared to the other sites, but pound-for-pound, I believe we're near the top in terms of knowledge and quality of posts/members.
postman
1/30/12 12:19:49PM

Posted by emfleek

The levels of douchebaggery on other sites is a major turn-off to me.

We've been awfully strict on moderating in the past (for reasons that I won't go into) but I honestly think it helped to shape the community and to bring us to where we are today.

We may be small compared to the other sites, but pound-for-pound, I believe we're near the top in terms of knowledge and quality of posts/members.

I agree rules force to move on.
FastKnockout
1/30/12 12:45:08PM
I'm happy to say I found my home here on the The Playground. Like Budge, I had to go through a handful of sites before I found The Playground and I hated all of em. The worst being Sherdog and a site called FiveKnuckles. Just can't beat the picks/wagers game and the quality members in the forums.
Budgellism
1/30/12 1:05:06PM
I let the troll in me out from time to time on mmamania, I'm not going to lie
Poor_Franklin
1/30/12 1:43:03PM

Posted by Budgellism

i let my troll come out on the chat box next to the streams i watch.

scoozna
1/30/12 2:09:27PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Budgellism

i let my troll come out on the chat box next to the streams i watch.

haha...I do that too. I always feel like I lost a few brain cells afterward.

I've never heard of mmanews.com. I can't imagine their forums are better than here.
warglory
1/30/12 2:55:41PM
mmafighting is the only other site I've been to that have halfway decent fan dialog.
shaneTpain
1/30/12 5:30:23PM
Not one other site on the internet even comes close to the PGs Fantasy pick & bets game! For MMA convo I used MMAjunkie forever before finding the PG but these days theres more trolls over there then MiddleEarth
aussiemma
1/30/12 8:17:31PM
mmanews actally is pretty good and focuses basically soley on the forums from which they have heaps of knowledge, but they dont have any fantasy league whatsoever.
jae_1833
1/30/12 11:53:02PM
I have an MMAJunkie phone app for during the day updates but this is the only site that deserves my attention.......I refuse to argue with incompetent immature people I have seen on others. Its a waste of my energy.
Bubbles
2/1/12 12:42:47AM
the only other site i used before the PG was sherdog, and i was hardcore into it for a couple years. yes the douchebaggery was quite annoying but the community was large and the constant topics/convos/arguments made it appealing at the time. most of the time is extreme haters vs extreme nuthuggers going on and on (ie GSP fans vs Penn fans). i ended up acting like a douchey GSP nuthugger who shat on Silva and Penn every chance I got because it was fun. it was also my only source of MMA news cuz I was too lazy to search elsewhere...plus anytime there was any big news that broke 100 brand new threads would surface within half an hour so it was hard to miss it. there were some good troll threads but for the most part it was a bunch of stupidity.

it took me a while to fully get entrenched in this site (almost a year of just fantasy picks and occasional news reading) but it got me hooked and I cant go anywhere else anymore. this site has pretty much everything you need in an MMA site. i rarely go back to sherdog as it is full of blind hate, over the top nuthugging, and it is very rare to get a legitimate discussion going on that site.

MMAPG = #1 p4p