MMAJunkie In NYT-Reason For Apology?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » MMAJunkie In NYT-Reason For Apology?
DCRage
6/3/08 2:28:53PM
Yeah, I didn't quite get this item on Junkie either, even after reading it a couple of times. As most of us who keep up on the MMA news items and post them here (myself included) know, Junkie is a site that also allows readers to comment on news items. Said post, which some apparently took as a post on the site when it may have been intended to be a comment, caused quite a hubbub. Check out the story at the link below (fairly long read):

Article

(Thought about putting this in the News forum but it's not really MMA news in the sense, at least to me)
Omega
6/3/08 2:56:14PM
I understand the apology. It's good for PR. Why am I the only one, it seems, that agrees the stoppage? The guy was out on his feet. I did pro kickboxing for 12 years, it happens all the time. A lot of times the fight should've been ended much sooner. You guys can look it up on youtube. You'll find 4 or 5 fights with the guy completely KO'd on his feet. It's quite humorous when you see it live.
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/3/08 3:01:38PM
so they quoted a comment instead of an article from the junkie?

did i get that right?
grappler0000
6/3/08 3:12:20PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

did i get that right?

yeah, that sums it up
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/3/08 3:21:12PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

did i get that right?

yeah, that sums it up

damn, sucks for the junkie

get recognized by one of the most recognizable papers in the world, then they quote a keyboard warrior instead of a writer...

that's gotta sting a lil bit
DCRage
6/3/08 5:21:19PM
That may be partly why Junkie is requiring you to register to post comments effective sometime late tomorrow night (I thought it was to have been this past Sunday). I know Junkie, Mania, and similar sites to try their best to moderate the comments that are posted, but sometimes it just comes down to timing.