MMA World Cup 2017

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » MMA World Cup 2017
POLL: Should the rules be changed to make MMA more acceptable to the general public?
Yes 7% (2)
Hell No 93% (25)
infestructure
9/4/12 5:48:40PM

Heres a link to the ~ARTICLE~

Having been branded as “human cock fighting” by former Whitehouse hopeful John McCain, mixed martial arts is set to join mainstream sports by having its very own world cup.

The competition will happen in 2017 and will fittingly take place at the home of the gladiators in Rome.

“Considering the history of Rome, and the Coliseum, it is the perfect environment for the first mixed martial arts world cup. It gives marquee values and it is the right tribute to history,” said World Cup Mixed Martial Arts (WCMMA) Executive Director, Edward Catucci...

A watered down version of mma?
What do you guys think?

pmoney
9/4/12 5:54:38PM
I can't get the link to work
george112
9/4/12 6:16:35PM
We'll see if Dana let's his fighters compete in it. I personally think he should. Treat it like any other mainstream sport
meier
9/4/12 7:22:09PM
Broly from dragonball is my pick
FastKnockout
9/4/12 8:08:14PM
Oh boy.. here we go. Next thing you know they will water down the sport like they've done football over the years.
prophecy033
9/4/12 8:18:58PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Oh boy.. here we go. Next thing you know they will water down the sport like they've done football over the years.

fucking better not
Manak
9/4/12 8:34:19PM

Posted by meier

Broly from dragonball is my pick

ill go with goku,

but seems dumb would just be better if the UFC held an event in rome and just had ever belt holder defend on the same card that day. I know you could do something with guys repin their country but we already get that in the UFC so whats the point. plus these UFC isn't just gonna lets its fighter out of contract for how ever long this WC would be
infestructure
9/4/12 10:19:12PM

Posted by pmoney

I can't get the link to work

The link is to Al Jazeera news. It's probably blocked by homeland security
warglory
9/4/12 11:19:35PM
The guy organizing this doesn't even sound like he enjoys the sport. Sounds like a failure before it even gets underway.
jae_1833
9/5/12 12:01:38AM
Anyone else remember the completetime failure that wasI WAMMA!?
meier
9/5/12 12:46:01AM

Posted by jae_1833

Anyone else remember the completetime failure that wasI WAMMA!?

nope
airkerma
9/5/12 9:42:10AM
Is there an additional link? Is his only solution to make matches into 2 rounds instead of 3-5? Dafuq kind of solution is this? Hey, FOX Australia, if it's "barbaric" and you don't like it, don't f^&$%&^$% watch it! If you take anything else away from the sport, you will be placing very talented fighters at a disadvantage. The first thing I see going are knees, then elbows on the ground.
jay98107
9/5/12 2:22:44PM

Posted by FastKnockout

We should encourage life altering concussions like the good ole days of football
Bubbles
9/5/12 6:26:09PM
only rule change: nut shot = auto DQ