MMA Weekly HW Rankings Update....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » MMA Weekly HW Rankings Update....
tomp6581
4/25/07 9:04:10AM
link

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION (over 205 pounds)

#1 Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Fedor Emelianenko

2. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

3. Mirko Cro Cop

4. Josh Barnett

5. Randy Couture

6. Gabriel Gonzaga

7. Tim Sylvia

8. Andrei Arlovski

9. Fabricio Werdum

10. Aleksander Emelianenko

MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings last updated on April 25, 2007

I personally think it is fair that mirko should still be ahead of gonzaga......ranking system is different to a contender to the title......there is an argument that gonzaga should be ahead of couture because both where previously unranked and gonzaga defeated a higher ranked fighter......but Im not sure i agree with that because the only reason randy wasn’t ranked was because he has retired.........so all in all, I don’t think there can be too many complaints about this top 10. (im sure there will be though!)
pv3Hpv3p
4/25/07 10:39:23AM
Personally, after Werdum's performance on Sat. he dropped out of my top ten, and I have yet to take Hunt off, because I'm not sure what will happen with the 265 weight limit in Pride...

I also think guys like Vera - although he hasn't fought in seemingly forever

Ben Rothwell - 10 fight winning streak, against lower level opponents, but look at MMA now a days, are there really any low level opponents
AchillesHeel
4/25/07 12:41:18PM
They still rank Sylvia and Werdum ahead of Aleks Emelianenko? What a joke. I hate their rankings more every time I look at them.
Manfred
4/25/07 12:45:29PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

They still rank Sylvia and Werdum ahead of Aleks Emelianenko? What a joke. I hate their rankings more every time I look at them.

QFT. Also (as I put on a flame-retardant suit) I'm not sure if Randy belongs Top 5 or even top 10.

Tim was what, 6 or 7 at the time. Randy is 1-2 at HW in 5 1/2 ! His last HW win was against Rizzo back in Nov 2001.
pv3Hpv3p
4/25/07 12:46:31PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I think Sylvia's in limbo until his next fight... As long as it's against a talented fighter... If he loses then he's off the TT, if he wins I think it would mean that he still deserves to be up there...

AleksE is a little tough to figure... He looks great at times, and I think he always puts on a great fight, but seems to gas, and with the somewhat recent loss to Werdum it's hard to put him higher because he beat an overmatched Eric Pele... Rankings are tough to put together, there are so many variables, etc.. But at least they give you something worth talking about...
AchillesHeel
4/25/07 1:34:27PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Rankings are tough to put together, there are so many variables, etc..

Amen to that. I still haven't done my rankings since UFC 70. I'm completely at a loss with the Heavyweights, other than Fedor at #1.
pv3Hpv3p
4/25/07 3:03:46PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Rankings are tough to put together, there are so many variables, etc..

Amen to that. I still haven't done my rankings since UFC 70. I'm completely at a loss with the Heavyweights, other than Fedor at #1.

thank God we have that one constant... It's really tough to put a guy like Gonzaga in there... I didn't have him near the top before that, and where the hell do I fit him in now??? I think I have him at like 6 or 7 already, but it took me two fights to put Soko in there (at about 6 or 7 as well)... Sorry just venting, but this year has been making it real tough...
hippysmacker
4/25/07 3:25:00PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Werdum did beat Aleks prett recently, but i agree he looked horrible and tentative against Arlovski