MMA Videos?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » MMA Videos?
szucconi
7/6/07 11:37:18AM
Is anyone else worried about the new video feature getting the site shutdown? I love having video, but the UFC doesn't. Now they own the Pride stuff and it has been disappearing from youtube and daily motion. I think we are at risk. Anybody else agree? Maybe they will just make us take it down, but they could do worse.

I love this site and I love the videos but it might be a bad thing in the long run.
nellyhiphophead
7/6/07 11:54:48AM
i think we miht be ok if they are jsut links to those kind of sights. as long as they are not loaded on to the websight i think we should be fine.
szucconi
7/6/07 12:01:20PM
I see that the videos are hosted on other sites and that may be our videos sections saving grace, but our video section is for all MMA video where as youtube and daily motion are full of other content. UFC lawyers have to work to find them and get them taken off. Ours is a one stop shop for all MMA video on the net and it may become a target. We might become a portal for UFC lawyers to see if any videos are up anywhere. Am I the only one that is paranoid? If I am then I will keep my mouth shut. I do love the videos section.
grappler0000
7/6/07 1:00:49PM

Posted by szucconi

I see that the videos are hosted on other sites and that may be our videos sections saving grace, but our video section is for all MMA video where as youtube and daily motion are full of other content. UFC lawyers have to work to find them and get them taken off. Ours is a one stop shop for all MMA video on the net and it may become a target. We might become a portal for UFC lawyers to see if any videos are up anywhere. Am I the only one that is paranoid? If I am then I will keep my mouth shut. I do love the videos section.

Yes, I do share a similar concern. The video section is great. I think the biggest difference in keeping lawyers off your back is linking vs. hosting.
grappler0000
7/6/07 1:03:18PM
...oh and for the record, my favorite video thus far is the Wanderlei and Mark Coleman in a razor commercial.
szucconi
7/6/07 1:18:34PM

Posted by grappler0000

...oh and for the record, my favorite video thus far is the Wanderlei and Mark Coleman in a razor commercial.

It was very... homoerotic.
DoTheMMAth
7/6/07 1:29:33PM
People who are not logged-in members won't be able to load any of the videos. It hasn't been enacted yet, but we're also considering making it so that logged-in users can only see the videos if they've participated in the site in some fashion so as to prevent someone from making an account for the sole purpose of scouring the videos.

And yes, legally we're fine by doing this as we're not hosting the files, just loading someone else's video onto our site, kind of the same way you can click the "Insert Web Image" button when making a post to display an image that is hosted on a different website.
DoTheMMAth
7/6/07 1:38:41PM
Actually, scratch the last statement; there are now undisclosed site participation requirements for viewing any video that is posted.
szucconi
7/6/07 1:46:01PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Actually, scratch the last statement; there are now undisclosed site participation requirements for viewing any video that is posted.

You are the man. Always thinking of great stuff and junk. I want to be in a razor commercial with you.
DoTheMMAth
7/6/07 1:52:36PM

Posted by szucconi

I want to be in a razor commercial with you.

MrGreeny
7/6/07 2:37:46PM
Nice, very nice. I like the videos part a lot

Eh... One more thing. F*** that co**su***** Zuff* f*ing LL* for hunting the videos, that popularize their sh**f****** promotion AAAAARGH i f* hate them for banning even some good highlights from youtube. F*ing cheepskates!
Ydoc
7/6/07 4:51:11PM
This site just becomes better and better each time I visit.
Gimmefive
7/6/07 5:27:22PM
Well done on the videos MMA Playground!!!
TOMMYAYO05
7/6/07 8:30:07PM
Thats tite!
rcg916
7/8/07 2:04:21PM

Posted by szucconi

You are the man. Always thinking of great stuff and junk. I want to be in a razor commercial with you.

You are quickly establishing yourself as my favorite poster.

rcg916
7/8/07 2:05:29PM

Posted by CtOlaf

Nice, very nice. I like the videos part a lot

Eh... One more thing. F*** that co**su***** Zuff* f*ing LL* for hunting the videos, that popularize their sh**f****** promotion AAAAARGH i f* hate them for banning even some good highlights from youtube. F*ing cheepskates!

I cant remember the last time I had a highlight last more than two days... Even Dailymotion pulls my stuff. lol
MMAStation
7/9/07 4:19:21PM
as long as mmaplayground doesnt host the videos there should not be a problem.

I have a site with over a million video/file links on it and we havent successfully had anyone ask us to remove content as we just direct them to the host. Though if someone sends us a nice letter we often oblige them with getting as much as we can off (or out of public view =] )