MMA's true pioneer is...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MMA's true pioneer is...
jiujitsufreak74
12/30/08 4:56:42AM
...The Rock.

now i know what you are thinking, how can The Rock have had an influence on MMA? well i'll tell you. we always see people throwing elbow's to grounded opponents; a technique founded by none other than a Mr. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. the elbow we see is just a more finished version of the famed "People's Elbow". don't believe me? well here is an example of a fighter who chose not to change the People's Elbow, but rather use it in it's entirety: Exhibit A

another example of The Rock's influence on our beloved sport is illustrating the key to defeating Lesnar. at a glance, one may think Brock is invincible quite like the Incredible Hulk. but, if one saw the contest between Lesnar and The Rok, they would know that the Rock found the chink in Lesnar's armor before anyone else (you're welcome Frank Mir):

Exhibit B:

to truly prove how The Rock has shaped MMA, i give to you Travis Fulton. Fulton is a legend in our sport, and he learned everything he knows from The Rock. The Rock's teachings can best be seen in Fulton's fight against Jeremy Bullock.

Exhibit C:
Fulton doing what The Rock taught him

and for my last piece of evidence, look at Kieth Hackney. who can forget his infamous fight with Joe Son. well, at a first glance it would seem like Hackney was just going for a cheap shot out ofpanic. however, if one looks closer, one would realize that it was a specific technique taught to him by The Rock

Exhibit D:

cmill21
12/30/08 5:04:00AM
In that last one, is that the rock...or Kongo? Frank, should take notes from that fight, he could finish it via peoples elbow.
seanfu
12/30/08 5:05:10AM
Dude, you are gonna get so many props for this post lol funny shit.
jiujitsufreak74
12/30/08 5:05:31AM

Posted by cmill21

In that last one, is that the rock...or Kongo? Frank, should take notes from that fight, he could finish it via peoples elbow.

that;s a good point...Kongo is another great example of how The Rock's teachings still are prevalent in today's MMA game.
Mungooch
12/30/08 5:09:51AM
postman
12/30/08 9:24:55AM
Its funny how much more scripted you can see the WWE is in slow mo. Props for making me laugh in the am.
dannyfrank
12/30/08 12:40:01PM
i smell what the rock is cookin'
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/30/08 1:10:45PM
MMA's true pioneer is....

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO MMA'S TRUE PIONEER IS!!!!!
RampageOwnedYou
12/30/08 5:00:18PM
You will never see this stuff in UFC, because they all know wrestling is fake!!
The_Ho_Bag
12/30/08 10:37:10PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

...The Rock.

now i know what you are thinking, how can The Rock have had an influence on MMA? well i'll tell you. we always see people throwing elbow's to grounded opponents; a technique founded by none other than a Mr. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. the elbow we see is just a more finished version of the famed "People's Elbow". don't believe me? well here is an example of a fighter who chose not to change the People's Elbow, but rather use it in it's entirety: Exhibit A

another example of The Rock's influence on our beloved sport is illustrating the key to defeating Lesnar. at a glance, one may think Brock is invincible quite like the Incredible Hulk. but, if one saw the contest between Lesnar and The Rok, they would know that the Rock found the chink in Lesnar's armor before anyone else (you're welcome Frank Mir):

Exhibit B:

to truly prove how The Rock has shaped MMA, i give to you Travis Fulton. Fulton is a legend in our sport, and he learned everything he knows from The Rock. The Rock's teachings can best be seen in Fulton's fight against Jeremy Bullock.

Exhibit C:
Fulton doing what The Rock taught him

and for my last piece of evidence, look at Kieth Hackney. who can forget his infamous fight with Joe Son. well, at a first glance it would seem like Hackney was just going for a cheap shot out ofpanic. however, if one looks closer, one would realize that it was a specific technique taught to him by The Rock

Exhibit D:

i love u =) i gotta spread the love though aha
big_timmy
12/30/08 11:53:23PM
No wonder Brock transfered to MMA, look at the punishment he was going thru in the WWE. I'd rather go a few rounds with Randy then get mauled by the Rock anyday...
Pookie
12/30/08 11:58:24PM
higdon10
12/31/08 12:25:08PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

You will never see this stuff in UFC, because they all know wrestling is fake!!

Hold your tounge!!!!!
MMAcca
1/11/09 1:14:22AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

MMA's true pioneer is....

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO MMA'S TRUE PIONEER IS!!!!!

kaskd
1/13/09 4:03:44AM
I want to prop you so badly freak, but i can't. I think we must set up a museum and dedicate a wing to the Rock. Thank you for enlightening us all.