MMA trading cards: Donruss Ring Kings coming soon

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » MMA trading cards: Donruss Ring Kings coming soon
juanez13
4/5/08 11:40:05AM

Quoteworthy:

“With the release of Donruss Americana II, Ring Kings will feature some of the top stars in MMA, including three-time UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture, reigning UFC welterweight titleholder Matt Serra, World Extreme Cagefighting kingpin Urijah Faber and Canadian superstar Georges St. Pierre. Rich Franklin, Forrest Griffin and Dan Henderson will also be included.” .

LINK

mmadb
4/5/08 12:16:26PM
http://www.donruss.com/dspNewsDetail.cfm?nid=285

Link above has more info and pictures. I was curious so I dug a little deeper.
jae_1833
4/5/08 12:50:56PM
I don't think this will be quite the same as baseball cards, there is no MMA season and a lot happens in a year. It would be very difficult to keep them updated. Also, isn't Hendo's real nickname "Hollywood"??? What's next they gonna call the HW champ BIG NOG!!! LOL
grappler0000
4/5/08 1:22:02PM

Posted by jae_1833

I don't think this will be quite the same as baseball cards, there is no MMA season and a lot happens in a year. It would be very difficult to keep them updated. Also, isn't Hendo's real nickname "Hollywood"??? What's next they gonna call the HW champ BIG NOG!!! LOL

Well, he actually prefers 'Dangerous', but it's all the same.
DCRage
4/5/08 1:42:24PM
If I still collected trading cards I'd have been all over these. Slip some Gina Carano cards in there and I'll buy a few packs.
jae_1833
4/5/08 2:23:52PM
Yeah I have heard that one too, a couple of guys have more than 1 nickname...it's just a question of which one is "Official"...I can't ever tell anymore...or care really. I just think that it's going to be a difficult endeaver considering the way that the rankings and shit change so fast....Wandy going from champ to three losses...Chuck, Crocop, Hendo...I'd hate to try and keep track of all that on a trading card!
Nightmare27
4/5/08 6:01:21PM
Thats awesome, I can just picture the look on some kids face when he gets a Tim Silvia instead of the Liddell.
RMFG_187
4/6/08 2:02:45AM
not really a fan of UFC trading cards...
Kpro
4/6/08 2:12:29AM
Put small squares of the mat or shorts in the cards, Donruss!
IriShame
4/6/08 10:51:56AM
Greatest thing ever. I have been calling for this for years now.
Red-Dragon
4/6/08 12:01:41PM
Not sure about the US but in England, trading cards and sticker albums tend to appeal mainly to children.