MMA Quotes from the past week

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » MMA Quotes from the past week
Poor_Franklin
9/5/11 2:34:44PM
MMARanked’s Vik Sandhu compiles a list of who said what over the past week in the world of mixed martial arts.

My favorites include:

“Little brother just beat the big brother’s ass! They tried to call us the little brothers and say that we didn’t belong. This just goes to show what we knew all along, we belong. Not only do we belong but we’re taking over!”
-Donald Cerrone talking about Ben Henderson’s victory over Jim Miller

"I suffered deep depression after Cole Miller loss, but left with winning feeling against Edson Barboza\\"
-Ross Pearson

"I love the sport, but I don't like the culture. There's a lot of fans that aren't educated and they don't care to get educated, they're stupid, man. Good fighters ... when they lose? All of the sudden they're cans. Look at Fedor. He went undefeated for how many years and all of the sudden he lost a few fights and he's a can, he sucks. You know what I'm saying? C'mon, man. When Michael Jordan signed with the Wizards, did he suck? When Ali got beat by Trevor Berbick, did he suck? A lot of these MMA fans, they don't understand any other sport. Ask them to name five boxing champions, they probably could name none. Name five top level kickboxers, they probably can't name none. Name three top International wrestlers. They couldn't name none. They don't take time to research top level stuff. They just listen to what the announcers say and don't take the time to research."
-Muhammed Lawal

MMARanked
Poor_Franklin
9/5/11 2:41:05PM
BloodyElbow

-Why do you drop your guard when you think the fight is going well?

Sometimes people think I'm being authoritarian when doing that. But there are strikes that cannot be 'read' if the hands are at the waist. Training with the hands at the waist increases reflexes and gives more velocity to strikes. It's harder for your opponent to read you if your hands are at the waist. That's why I was able to drop Yushin in the first round. If I were to have my guard up he would be able to defend. It's a style that confuses the opponent. Always in the beginning of the fight I try to look for the 'secure spot' where I am able to drop my guard, but not be subjected to receiving strikes.

-Anderson Silva-
Chael_Sonnen
9/5/11 8:37:44PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

MMARanked’s Vik Sandhu compiles a list of who said what over the past week in the world of mixed martial arts.

My favorites include:

“Little brother just beat the big brother’s ass! They tried to call us the little brothers and say that we didn’t belong. This just goes to show what we knew all along, we belong. Not only do we belong but we’re taking over!”
-Donald Cerrone talking about Ben Henderson’s victory over Jim Miller

"I suffered deep depression after Cole Miller loss, but left with winning feeling against Edson Barboza\\"
-Ross Pearson

"I love the sport, but I don't like the culture. There's a lot of fans that aren't educated and they don't care to get educated, they're stupid, man. Good fighters ... when they lose? All of the sudden they're cans. Look at Fedor. He went undefeated for how many years and all of the sudden he lost a few fights and he's a can, he sucks. You know what I'm saying? C'mon, man. When Michael Jordan signed with the Wizards, did he suck? When Ali got beat by Trevor Berbick, did he suck? A lot of these MMA fans, they don't understand any other sport. Ask them to name five boxing champions, they probably could name none. Name five top level kickboxers, they probably can't name none. Name three top International wrestlers. They couldn't name none. They don't take time to research top level stuff. They just listen to what the announcers say and don't take the time to research."
-Muhammed Lawal

MMARanked

Love the Cerrone quote....so true, so true
emfleek
9/5/11 8:41:58PM
I lose brain cells when I read King Mo quotes.
Chael_Sonnen
9/5/11 8:43:43PM
This quote cracked me up.

"I want to tell you a joke so funny it will make your head grow. It goes like this..Oh wait, I see you have already heard it." - Chael to Bigfoot Silva
Pookie
9/5/11 9:28:51PM
I thought King Mo brought up a good point.
emfleek
9/6/11 9:58:45AM

Posted by Pookie

I thought King Mo brought up a good point.

Agreed...however, my comment was directed towards a lot of the crap he posts on Twitter.

EDIT: Also, it's probably not wise to question anyone's intelligence or education while proceeding to follow up with statements such as:

"they probably can't name none."

"They couldn't name none."