MMA Quiz

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » MMA Quiz
Next Page »
Wolfenstein
1/9/09 12:32:51PM
Post a question, see if your fellow playgrounder's MMA knowledge is up to snuff. I'll start with one....

Black Belt under Carlson Gracie, turned down offer to help train Chuck Lidell. Who am I?
seanfu
1/9/09 1:04:52PM
Tito Ortiz?
emfleek
1/9/09 1:09:14PM
Vitor Belfort
FlashyG
1/9/09 1:09:29PM
Paulo Filho would be my guess

I think it was for the Liddell - Silva fight that he said he would never help train an American against a Brazilian
Wolfenstein
1/9/09 1:25:21PM

Posted by FlashyG

I think it was for the Liddell - Silva fight that he said he would never help train an American against a Brazilian

Correct.

Next question....

Began wrestling at the age of 7 where he competed in over 400 matches. He went on an 8 fight win streak before getting his oppurtunity to fight in the UFC. Who am I?
FlashyG
1/9/09 1:29:50PM
Who is the oldest fighter to fight Professionally in MMA?
Wolfenstein
1/9/09 1:33:01PM
Ron Van Clief
FlashyG
1/9/09 1:39:38PM
Ron Van Clief was just a young pup at 51 when he lost to Gracie...the guy i'm looking for was more than 10 years older for his last fight.
Wolfenstein
1/9/09 1:44:01PM
Ah crap, forgot about Skip Hall.
wiggum
1/9/09 1:45:17PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by FlashyG

Correct.

Next question....

Began wrestling at the age of 7 where he competed in over 400 matches. He went on an 8 fight win streak before getting his oppurtunity to fight in the UFC. Who am I?

joe vedepo?
FlashyG
1/9/09 1:48:30PM

Correct on Skip Hall and my guess on the question I totally missed is Sean Sherk
Wolfenstein
1/9/09 1:51:25PM

Posted by FlashyG

Correct on Skip Hall and my guess on the question I totally missed is Sean Sherk

You're good Flashy. Another one down.

Here's another. Born in the middle east, former amateur boxing champion, and rising MMA superstar...who am I?
FlashyG
1/9/09 1:54:41PM
First one I knew...Google gave me an assist on Sherk!
ThaAxeMurderer7
1/9/09 2:03:43PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Here's another. Born in the middle east, former amateur boxing champion, and rising MMA superstar...who am I?

Gegard Mousasi?
wiggum
1/9/09 2:04:51PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by FlashyG

You're good Flashy. Another one down.

gergard mousaii?.....or however you spell it ha
Wolfenstein
1/9/09 2:18:23PM
You both are correct. Looks like I'm going to have to dig deep for a stumper.

This fighter's significant other was to have twins but one unfortunately didn't make it. In the aftermath of this tragedy the fighter won his upcoming bout, but it was considered a poor performance...who am I?
ThaAxeMurderer7
1/9/09 2:26:25PM
I'm not as good at this as you guys, but I'll give it a try.

A japanese fighter known for my endurance, I once won 8 consecutive fights in a span of over 2 years. I'm a PRIDE and Shooto veteran. Who am I?
Wolfenstein
1/9/09 2:28:15PM
Mitsuhiro Ishida? Not sure if he ever fought in Shooto but I know he was on quite a winning streak in Pride for a while.
ThaAxeMurderer7
1/9/09 2:30:18PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Mitsuhiro Ishida? Not sure if he ever fought in Shooto but I know he was on quite a winning streak in Pride for a while.

Correct. Did the "known for endurance" part give it away?
wiggum
1/9/09 2:32:47PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

You both are correct. Looks like I'm going to have to dig deep for a stumper.

This fighter's significant other was to have twins but one unfortunately didn't make it. In the aftermath of this tragedy the fighter won his upcoming bout, but it was considered a poor performance...who am I?

gabriel gonzaga
Wolfenstein
1/9/09 2:34:58PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by Wolfenstein

Correct. Did the "known for endurance" part give it away?

Lol a little bit. Endurance and Ishida are kind of synonymous, and I couldn't really think of any other fighter that got a big win streak, aside from maybe Sakuraba, but I don't think he ever won 8 in a row.

Nice work Wiggum, another correct one for you.
Pookie
1/9/09 2:36:41PM
Rampage said that This fighter landed the hardest punch that rampage ever recieved
Wolfenstein
1/9/09 2:40:53PM
Alright I'll put up one more before I head off to work, and hopefully I'll come up with a few by the time I get back. So here we go...

Beat a BJJ legend in only his second fight, and looked to be a rising star. Unfortunately he broke his collar bone in only his seventh fight effectively ending his MMA career...who am I?
FlashyG
1/9/09 2:40:59PM

Posted by Pookie

Rampage said that This fighter landed the hardest punch that rampage ever recieved

Randleman?
wiggum
1/9/09 2:41:37PM

Posted by Pookie

kevin randleman
Pookie
1/9/09 3:09:53PM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Pookie

Randleman?

Yup
Khaos
1/9/09 3:10:23PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Alright I'll put up one more before I head off to work, and hopefully I'll come up with a few by the time I get back. So here we go...

Beat a BJJ legend in only his second fight, and looked to be a rising star. Unfortunately he broke his collar bone in only his seventh fight effectively ending his MMA career...who am I?

Igor Zinoviev
Wolfenstein
1/9/09 3:14:54PM

Posted by Khaos

Posted by Wolfenstein

Igor Zinoviev

Well done. You are correct.

Next one...

This fighter was a muay thai champion, yet he has won nearly every fight by submission...who am I?
jiujitsufreak74
1/9/09 4:02:35PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Well done. You are correct.

Next one...

This fighter was a muay thai champion, yet he has won nearly every fight by submission...who am I?

The Cowboy...Donald Cerrone

try this one:

this fighter is a State Champion wrestler (name of state would give it away) who started off as a Kempo fighter.
TheCatFather
1/9/09 6:28:20PM

this fighter is a State Champion wrestler (name of state would give it away) who started off as a Kempo fighter.

Maurice "Mo" Smith
Pages: [1] 2 3 4