MMA Quick Quote: Bas Rutten has more words for Gary Millen at Affliction weigh in

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » MMA Quick Quote: Bas Rutten has more words for Gary Millen at Affliction weigh in
SmileR
1/24/09 2:11:26PM
There’s the asshole. Oh! did I just say this on TV?”

– Former UFC heavyweight champion, mixed martial arts legend and colorful HDNet broadcaster Bas Rutten is heard during the Affliction: “Day of Reckoning” weigh-in having some choice words for vice president of M-1 Global USA, Gary (Jerry) Millen. Just before Fedor Emelianenko was set to tip the scales, Millen grabbed the microphone from the announcer and gave his own introduction of the Russian. Rutten apparently didn’t approve of the impromptu speech. Rutten and Millen go way back to the Pride FC days — Millen was the former USA vice president and Rutten was a ringside announcer for the Japab-based promotion. Rutten has gone to great lengths in the past to expose Millen, calling him a “fake” who was “worthless behind the scenes.” Rutten also revealed that Millen now goes by Jerry because it “sounds cooler” than his birth name, Gary.

Link
SpiderSilva
1/24/09 2:25:58PM
Dana should beat that guys ass along with Bas
mrsmiley
1/24/09 3:12:40PM
thank god for Bas.
Millen was the whole reason why Quadros got fired.
He sucks!
roadking95th
1/24/09 5:04:39PM
I was watching the weigh-ins and I rewound it to make sure I heard it correctly. What was the purpose of Millen introducing Fedor? His introduction was horrible.
DCRage
1/24/09 5:10:02PM
More people seem to be hating on Bas these days than before. I am not one of them, I still find him quite entertaining. That being said, I would pay to see a Bas-Dana war of words.
RampageOwnedYou
1/24/09 5:12:13PM
Bas is the man. Not a better guy behind the mic then him.

As for Millen, what a horrible job announcing Fedor, and did Millen realize he was on TV? Looked like he was going to swallow the mic, hmmmm.
cmill21
1/24/09 5:39:10PM

Posted by DCRage

More people seem to be hating on Bas these days than before. I am not one of them, I still find him quite entertaining. That being said, I would pay to see a Bas-Dana war of words.

IMO that would end badly for Dana since Bas, is a legend, smart f'in dude, and could kick Dana's ass if he was being out witted. lol
IriShame
1/24/09 6:22:45PM
Bas is sorry sir, but he's going to have to break, your legs.