MMA Quick Quote: Alistair Overeem demolishes Mirko Cro Cop’s balls!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » MMA Quick Quote: Alistair Overeem demolishes Mirko Cro Cop’s balls!!!
SmileR
9/23/08 9:37:39AM
We just got informed by Mirko Cro Cop’s corner that his right testicle is inside.”
– DREAM ringside announcer Bas Rutten informs fans watching the conclusion of the 2008 middleweight grand prix on HDNet that one of Mirko Cro Cop’s testicles ran for higher ground after Alistair Overeem delivered several illegal groin strikes during their heavyweight bout. It was eventually ruled a no contest because the Croatian could not continue, providing a disappointing conclusion to a bout that had received much interest and fanfare leading up to it. Not too mention it sounds downright excruciating.

Link
gartface
9/23/08 10:27:32AM
I didn't get to watch the fight due to the time constraints and the connection on campus sucking balls, but from the sounds of it, Overeem should have been DQ'd. Please inform me if I'm wrong, I need some clarity here.
Aether
9/23/08 11:46:29AM
He hit him 3 times but the ref didn't see the first one. I think what separates a DQ from a NC is that it happens by accident early in the fight. He didn't intend to hit him in the balls so I guess it should be a NC, you don't really want to see either guy walk away with a win for something like that. Pretty disappointing either way.
bullettdodger
9/23/08 11:48:12AM
How early on was it. I didn't get to watch either so im wondering if there was enough time elapsed to see who was getting the better of who before the unfortunate groin shots. Thats what i want to know.
Boo_Radley21
9/23/08 12:32:03PM
........ouch
aaa9erh8er
9/23/08 1:18:38PM

Posted by bullettdodger

How early on was it. I didn't get to watch either so im wondering if there was enough time elapsed to see who was getting the better of who before the unfortunate groin shots. Thats what i want to know.

i agree id like to no who was winning and when it happend
does anyone have the video by chance
Pookie
9/23/08 1:50:37PM
Aether
9/23/08 2:13:26PM
overeem was definitely ahead on the scorecards. Neither fighter did all that much but Overeem was clearly winning. It happened about 5 minutes into the first round the first time, then the fight was briefly resumed and it happened again after a minute or two.
jiujitsufreak74
9/23/08 2:13:42PM
Overeem was winning, and pretty handily at that. however, Overeem hit him at least 6 times right in the nuts and i was surprised he didn't get a warning for it at all during the fight. imo, the nut shots were not intentional so don't go crucifying Overeem over this because the real problem is CC's knee attracting cup.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/23/08 3:00:29PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

don't go crucifying Overeem over this because the real problem is CC's knee attracting cup.

Overeem did it on purpose!
all the prefight talk was serious!
he really hates crocop & never wants him to bear children!

jk

but seriously......knee attracting cup???? pleeeease
jiujitsufreak74
9/23/08 3:06:48PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

people's exhibit A: Kongo
people's exhibit B: Overeem

coincidence? i think not!
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/23/08 4:28:24PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

people's exhibit A: Kongo
people's exhibit B: Overeem

coincidence? i think not!

maybe he shouldnt fight guys who throw knees
billycarnage
9/23/08 5:09:50PM
That last knee was headed right for the liver but Mirko throws a quick high left knee which elevates himself just enough to teabag Overeems intended gutbuster and then it was over. His body was taking so much punishment maybe a shot to the boys seemed like a good idea. It was unfortunate but Overeem was dominant up to that point.
Naturaldisaster
9/23/08 5:39:50PM

Posted by gartface

I didn't get to watch the fight due to the time constraints and the connection on campus sucking balls, but from the sounds of it, Overeem should have been DQ'd. Please inform me if I'm wrong, I need some clarity here.

I watched it, but no overeem didnt do it intentionally. Cro Cop tried to knee overeem right as overeem threw a knee. and since cro cop had moved overeems knee missed its target (cro cops stomach) and nailed him in the cup. you could tell it wasnt intentional. Im not really sure overeem realized he had caught cro cop with the low blow because he took cro cop down right after that.
to me the no contest seems fair.
cmill21
9/24/08 12:08:01AM
I'm ok with the NC, but I'm really getting pissed with the big mt guys using his nuts for place to put their knee's.