MMA prodigy boasts lifetime of experience -- at age 14

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » MMA prodigy boasts lifetime of experience -- at age 14
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/18/08 6:24:55PM
Long read from ESPN outside the lines article on a 14 yr old mma "prodigy"

too much for me to sum this up, but if u got a lil time its def worth the read

the pic is what made me read it

Enjoy.

Link
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
jiujitsufreak74
7/18/08 6:45:03PM
yeah i have been keeping an eye on this kid for a while. i heard about him a few years ago and watched a video of him on youtube that my dad sent me. i hope he fulfills his potential.

here is a clip of him from when he was 10-11

Drake "Ultimate" Dudley
Rush
7/18/08 7:53:47PM
I don't want to sound like a big critic, but I am not a proponent of kids doing things like joint locks and sparring with little/no padding.

The kid's BJJ looks good though. I wonder what a typical Gracie's BJJ at age 10 looks like??
Mchubb316
7/18/08 10:53:27PM
I posted this in the news share, and overlooked that this had already been posted. From the videos I have seen, they are letting them go at it with little protection. I do think there needs to be tighter regulations on how they go about this.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/19/08 12:58:24PM

Posted by Mchubb316

I posted this in the news share, and overlooked that this had already been posted. From the videos I have seen, they are letting them go at it with little protection. I do think there needs to be tighter regulations on how they go about this.

i 100% agree
Rush
7/19/08 1:36:15PM
The other problem I see possibly happening is this kid might peak too soon. What do you guys think?

There are a number of fighters that have been accused of peaking early and tapering off, but I am not convinced that at least some of it had to do with the evolution of MMA as a whole.