"Inside MMA" preview: KJ Noons trashes Nick Diaz, refuels heated rivalry

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » "Inside MMA" preview: KJ Noons trashes Nick Diaz, refuels heated rivalry
Mchubb316
6/26/08 6:31:09PM
During an EliteXC event earlier this month, EliteXC lightweight champ KJ Noons and Nick Diaz won separate bouts. However, when they met in the cage after Noons' victory to hype an upcoming rematch, all hell broke loose.

This week as a guest on "Inside MMA," Noons ripped into Diaz, saying -- among other things -- that his rival doesn't deserve a rematch, that people are using the notion of Diaz's scar tissue an an excuse, and that his new nickname should be "The Artist" due to how badly he rearranged Diaz's face in their first fight in late 2007.

Source
teddythetuna
6/26/08 6:49:33PM
I say get in the ring and settle all this crap there. I hope KJ wins again and makes his face look worse than the first time in the process.
nickcuc547
6/26/08 6:52:18PM
lightning won't strike twice (i know im exaggerating big time but i like the saying), diaz will finish noons.
Kpro
6/26/08 6:54:18PM
Noons KO power is impressive; but just as I believe Diaz would've subbed KJ if it weren't for the doctor stoppage, I think he'll sub him in a rematch.
bullettdodger
6/26/08 7:11:04PM
Yeah KJ has some power in his hands, but i still think Nick takes a rematch, Noons is doing himself a disservice by responding to Diaz's words. More than anything its got to be KJ who is delaying this rematch. I think he is scared to fight Nick again because he knows he could lose
wrona666
6/26/08 7:52:57PM
I cant stand Noons he talks all this trash, but he is to affraid to agree to a rematch.....If you beat him so bad KJ then why would you no want to show the doubters that it wasn't a fluke.....Ough i know because you will loose!!!!!!!
xtra_chewy
6/26/08 8:58:47PM
I saw Noons's sister on Americas Best Dance Crew, not bad...
but, Diaz takes this fight via 2nd Sub
Pookie
6/26/08 9:16:27PM
whenever he says that he doesnt think Nick diaz deserves a title shot it really really makes me not like the guy.

Does he not realize that at the time he got his title shot he was 1-1 in elite xc with a knockout loss to krazy horse.

If he really thinks so highly of himself (which its painfully obvious he does) doesnt it make more sense to him that the guy who lost to him(Diaz) and rebounded by beating his next opponent deserves a title shot more than a guy who lost to KRAZY HORSE and then beat a guy to earn a title shot?

...Or maybe hes just a scared girlieman.

Either way, i dont like the guy
KYGUY07
6/26/08 9:29:07PM
Im really starting to not like KJ, he talks like hes one of the best fighters in the world, yea he does have heavy hands but, I think if the fight went to the ground diaz subs him quickly, I could understand him saying this if he had finished diaz off but he didnt it was a cut. KJ should stop talking and if hes so confident then he should step back in the cage with Diaz one more time. And im sure if KJ had been the one to lose by a cut he would be demanding a rematch 2.
kevietre
6/26/08 9:29:31PM

Krazyhorse whooped Noons and I've never even heard of KJ before that fight. I hope Diaz wins because KJ needs to be taught a lesson. I was shocked when he defeated Yves so quickly. Diaz knows what he has to do to get the W. Hopefully fighting in Stockton would be too much pressure on Nick.
BigTomZ
6/26/08 9:47:58PM
Noons is overrated and is not on the same level as Diaz. If these guys fought 10 times, I believe Diaz wins probably 8 of them.
xposipx
6/26/08 10:20:02PM

Posted by BigTomZ

Noons is overrated and is not on the same level as Diaz. If these guys fought 10 times, I believe Diaz wins probably 8 of them.

Yeah he surely proved that the first time.

This Diaz love is ridiculous. He is a great bjj fighter and an above average mma fighter. That's all. He can't fight as well as he talks shit, that was proven in the UFC. Noons acts like a moron too and will most likely fade into obscurity after a year or two. If Diaz can't get Noons on the ground for al ong period of time he will lose DECISIVELY once again.
telnights
6/27/08 4:41:55AM
I get sick of fighters avoiding fights by saying the other fighter doesn't deserve it. Well hate to break the news to KJ but he didn't deserve the tittle shot in the first place. But I didn't see Diaz saying Noons didn't deserve it.

I cant stand Diaz as a person but he is hands down the best fighter EliteXC has. The only other person that comes close is Lawler and I don't think Robbie is as good as some people thinks he is.
89vision
6/27/08 4:45:30AM
i like it when fighters think there all that, much more sweet when they get laid out
Red-Dragon
6/27/08 8:15:16AM

Posted by teddythetuna

I say get in the ring and settle all this crap there. I hope KJ wins again and makes his face look worse than the first time in the process.

Completely.
BigTomZ
6/27/08 9:31:09AM

Posted by xposipx

Posted by BigTomZ

This Diaz love is ridiculous. He is a great bjj fighter and an above average mma fighter. That's all. He can't fight as well as he talks shit, that was proven in the UFC. Noons acts like a moron too and will most likely fade into obscurity after a year or two. If Diaz can't get Noons on the ground for al ong period of time he will lose DECISIVELY once again.

Yeah I'm sure Gomi will tell you how Diaz isn't well rounded.
zephead
6/27/08 10:53:04AM
Gary Shaw and Elite are turning into Boxing/WWE. Allowing posse's into the ring. The dancing in the ring. MMA doesn't need what Gary Shaw is bring to it. MMA is gonna rue the day the Shaw got on board
xposipx
6/27/08 2:51:59PM

Posted by BigTomZ

Posted by xposipx

Posted by BigTomZ

Yeah I'm sure Gomi will tell you how Diaz isn't well rounded.

Okay, either you can't read or are just hard headed. No one said he wasn't well rounded. His bjj is obviously much better than any other part of his game though. I'm actually doing him a favor calling him an above average mma fighter. Try reading outside the first line next time.