MMA Playground underogs

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MMA Playground underogs
POLL: Which was the biggest upset (out of these)
Gonzaga over Cro Cop 13% (5)
Houston over Jardine 0% (0)
Serra over GSP 63% (25)
Sokoudjou over Lil Nog 10% (4)
I hate that zooyork commercial 8% (3)
Shutup, candynuts. 8% (3)
candynuts
2/16/08 12:19:23AM
Wow, I was looking under the picks overview over the last few events and saw that :
99% of playground users picked Cro Cop over Gonzaga
98% picked Jardine over Houston Alexander
98% picked GSP over Matt Serra
97% picked Lil' Nog over Sokoudjou
95% picked Tyson Griffin over Frank Edgar
94% picked Babalu over Jason Lambert
94% picked Liddell over Jardine

looks like the biggest upset would be Cro Cop / Gonzaga

I just thought this was interesting... just decided to add a poll for the hell of it
NatedawgThaM
2/16/08 1:43:21AM
Serra over GSP easily IMO. I don't think it's even a question really. Yeah Cro Cop is a very good fighter but Gonzaga had a big head and nothing to lose so I thought he could maybe give CC some issues. Never thought that much of Jardine.

It's just EVERYBODY thought GSP was the fedor of the UFC. He was focused and nobody thought he could be beat, especially after he completely dominated Hughes. Then a natural lightweight and short Matt Serra who beat a bunch of other natural LW's at WW comes along and nobody gave him a chance. Then he connects and GSP finds himself tipsy.

CRAZY!!! but at the same time... because of all the hype...
BlazinSaddle
2/16/08 2:12:53AM
good topic and argument candynuts, GSP losing to serra was pretty shocking, i gave gonzaga a chance at least, and i didnt think houston was that much of an underdog wow....i counted serra out immediatly and had a shocked look on my face that whole night then drank some beer and was still shocked when i saw the replay
loonytnt
2/16/08 2:55:40PM
GG vs CC was big, a lot people say GSP but ive watched serra a long time and i had serra to win sub, know by TKO/KO was a wow
BlazinSaddle
2/16/08 3:01:22PM

Posted by loonytnt

GG vs CC was big, a lot people say GSP but ive watched serra a long time and i had serra to win sub, know by TKO/KO was a wow

i serously doubt you picked serra but no argument here
Manfred
2/16/08 9:31:58PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by loonytnt

i serously doubt you picked serra but no argument here

No way to tell, he wasn't a member yet LINK

I think it's funny how so many people think Diego / Kos wasn't an upset when 84% of the playground picked Diego
Ordep
2/17/08 2:41:57AM
I SEE.... people coming to argue why Shogun-Forrest is not there..... specially GSP Nutthuggers.... be ready

**** probably they won't after reading this msg****