The MMA Playground Tournament

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » The MMA Playground Tournament
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Mayhem13
2/11/09 12:18:28AM
I am up next...Fleek, dont pick who I have in mind
MMAcca
2/11/09 12:52:24AM
I always miss out on these kind of things...

If anybody drops out, i wanna play
Wolfenstein
2/11/09 12:52:54AM
Just a note, if anyone wants you can pm me a pre ranked list, or just the next guy you want, and when your turn is up I'll post it for you.
Shawn91111
2/11/09 5:09:59AM
An idea to get this thing moving faster. Maybe each captain that is waiting sends Wolf a list of 5 or so players that they want. When its said captains turn Wolf selects the player thats in the 1st spot on the captains list. If that player had already been selected then the player thats in the 2nd spot is selected and so on. Just an idea...seems this is going slow as not everyone is online at the sametime.
emfleek
2/11/09 8:35:43AM
Wolfenstein

(sorry it took so long, folks...no internet at home for now)
emfleek
2/11/09 11:09:08AM
Captain Mayhem13 is up.
Mayhem13
2/11/09 12:11:56PM
I will go with Shawn9111 !!

Mayhem13
2/11/09 12:24:39PM
your up Yourmin
StorminYourman
2/11/09 12:25:51PM
Jimbo
Bojanglez

lotsa bullies get selected that first round
Mayhem13
2/11/09 12:29:51PM
Xtra_Chewy
emfleek
2/11/09 1:16:52PM
I'll pick ncordless.
jiujitsufreak74
2/11/09 1:35:47PM

Posted by emfleek

Wolfenstein

(sorry it took so long, folks...no internet at home for now)

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

stole my next pick
emfleek
2/11/09 1:42:27PM
I just read up on the rules for the first time...am I missing something? The original post says there will be 8 captains on teams of 4.

That's only 32, yet, 56 people have signed up.

So I take it we're going with teams of 7 then? Or are those who don't get picked S.O.L?
FlashyG
2/11/09 1:43:33PM
8 teams of 7 is the numbers now I believe
emfleek
2/11/09 1:44:26PM

Posted by FlashyG

8 teams of 7 is the numbers now I believe

I figured.

Also, is someone able to update the "pool" of players so we know who's left to pick when it's our turn?

*** EDIT ***
Nevermind...updated pool on the next page.
emfleek
2/11/09 1:48:36PM
CURRENT TEAMS:
---------------------------------]
EvenFlow (FlashyG,)
Pookie (chuckw94,)
breakdown5 (EvilWig)
jjfreak (Jackelope, roadking95th)
Rabi (Bowen50, reptile1)
emfleek (Wolfenstein, ncordless)
Mayhem13 (Shawn9111, xtra_chewy)
StorminYourman (Jimbo, bojanglz)

STILL AVAILABLE:
----------------------------------
gspfan
urbman
RandyCouture
Amigop
SpiderSilva
Turner187
Basshandsome
Khaos
Haggiswashere
cmb19932
loller90278
postman
kopower
Twenty20Dollars
bobbydoomocculta
Drudinh
Mungooch
AndersondSilva
Boo_Radley21
king_katool
Aaronno9
grimreaper
Nitrus
Beardotheweirdo
RampageOwnedYou
Throwdown
DullName
Higdon10
sublime
nickcuc547
thajoker
snuff88
npayant
gannon
D0wnUnd6e6r
emfleek
2/11/09 2:42:46PM
Why'd tuvok withdraw? Is he banned again?
Aaronno9
2/11/09 2:52:40PM

Posted by emfleek

Didn't like all the rule changes/ skipping over peoples picks.
Rabi
2/11/09 3:08:52PM
I choose reptile1
Wolfenstein
2/11/09 3:27:50PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by emfleek

Didn't like all the rule changes/ skipping over peoples picks.

That's it in a nutshell. I tried to explain to him, my reasoning in changing the rules as I kind of just brought up a concept and added a few ideas that other members came up with, but he wasn't having any of it. The main breaking point I guess was skipping over breakdown5 to get the ball rolling...I think if it had been me skipping over someone not from CPT it wouldn't have been a big deal, but whatever water under the bridge so to speak, and no hard feelings.
jiujitsufreak74
2/11/09 3:49:43PM
roadking, come on down!
emfleek
2/11/09 3:50:41PM
breakdown5 is on the clock.
roadking95th
2/11/09 4:09:45PM
woo-hoo!

Think maybe we can trade for Wolfenstein
Wolfenstein
2/11/09 5:14:28PM
In Playground News...

Two very interesting strategies have developed, with some aptains preffering to go with fellow camp members, and others going with the best player available. Will the familiarity of camp members be enough to put their team over the top? Or will their lack of star power be their downfall? Will a conglomerate of superstars be able to work together? Or will their enormous egos take precedence over teamwork?

As expected FlashyG was the #1 overall selection. He is far and away the most dominant player on the Playground, but can anyone possibly afford his signing bonus? Either way the Playground Bullies have proven track record of producing top notch players so the likelihood of a bust is well...highly unlikely.

The 2nd overall pick was a bit unclear at first, but after a careful analysis by the well studied Pookie, one player seperated himself from the pack by his consistent play, After ammassing a jaw-dropping 82 points last event he went from under the radar to superstar. He holds 223 wins and has still yet to reach 100 losses, not to mention in over three seasons he has maitained a 70% pick ratio. A hard nosed vet may be just the spark Team Pookie needs.

JJfreak continues to load up on the well respected nuthuggerssuck, and their are even rumors of a potential trade for Wolfenstein. It is unlikely Emfleek would part with Wolfenstein, but crazier things have happened. JJfreak has the Playground realing with his top ten play, and might even be bale to singlehandedly win the Tournament himself. With the addition of the Road King and Jackelope, this team may prove to be a juggernaut.

A little sour after his raping at the hands of JJfreak, Storminyourman has come out guns blazing, picking up two Playground Bully counterparts in Bojangalz and Jimbo. Jimbo entered this years Grand Prix and handed a good ol' fahioned ass whuppin to Wolfenstein in the sweet sixteen, and looks to continue his success in the Playground Tournament. The first pick in the second round was no surprise, as bojangalz provided great value at this point in the draft, and he carry's a gun, which may provide some protection from jjfreak should he attempt to strike again. I am the law!

Emfleek, straight from the bad streets of Fort Wayne is compiling one of the most solid teams in the draft. This mastermind seems to constantly find value with each selection. One thing is for sure...Sabtotage Inc is for real bitches!

Breakdown is gathering his CPT brothers, and why not? They come from a proven program of consistent winners, and I expect Team Breakdown to go back to the well. The theory seems sound--to use CPT vets to instill a winning attitude. Hopefully there experience with success will trickle down and light a fire in the rest of their team members.

Rabi came in with a plan and seems to be sticking to it. He's going after the best and picked up Bowen50 who has stunned the Playground this year by coming from out of nowhere to be one of the top players in the game. You have to consider his newfound success could die out and eventually become a bust, but you can't deny his upside and raw talent.

Mayhem13 leader of Thug Life has quietly picked up two of the more underrated players in Chewy and Shawn9111. At first glance some were left scratching their head but upon further review the consistent play of Shawn9111( hasn't fallen below 40 points in over fourteen events) and explosiveness xtra chewy (one of the few playgrounders to ever break 100 points in a single event) may have been overlooked, and these two steals might just be the difference maker team Mayhem needed.

bojangalz
2/11/09 7:02:33PM
Better believe it!
breakdown5
2/11/09 7:02:34PM
Turner187
Pookie
2/11/09 7:49:50PM
With my second pick in the draft i choose the future MMAPG hall of famer who was widely known as the Best LW in existence before moving up to the WW division this season.

I choose Npayant
chuckw94
2/11/09 7:57:44PM
welcome to the team npayant
EvenFlow
2/11/09 8:06:47PM
sublime and grimreaper
Pookie
2/11/09 9:10:45PM

Posted by EvenFlow

sublime and grimreaper

Great pick in sublime, thought he would fly under the radar for awhile