MMA Playground gets the cold shoulder!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MMA Playground gets the cold shoulder!
RampageOwnedYou
6/28/08 1:49:06PM
Was reading last months issue of FIGHT magazine.
And they had a top 25 list of MMA internet sites that mma fans should go check out. Top of the list was sherdog. And I was shocked to see no mmaplayground in there.

I dont know if anyone else saw this, but it ended up showing every site but this one, and i thought it was complete b.s to be honest.

Twenty20Dollars
6/28/08 2:23:52PM
sherdog at the top? come on....
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/28/08 2:37:33PM
Sherdog on top? us not even there? that's kinda shocking
holt8081
6/28/08 2:50:22PM
ya thats a joke, but that could be a good thing we dont want to get flooded with a buch of sherdog guys.
king_katool
6/28/08 2:58:22PM
ye really keep the sherdoggers outta here, they might have good reporters with good articles but i will never post in their forum again

LONG LIVE THE PLAYGROUND
teddythetuna
6/28/08 4:10:33PM
Sherdog? Their forums are full of keyboard warriors. At least at the Playground everyone is civil and intelligent (for the most part) Props to the playground and everyone in it
Taylor8766
6/28/08 4:43:33PM
It probably because Sherdog, is a site where the news is already there, here the forums are better but the news for mma is better there. Also they have al the fighters stats, and stuff and this site is more of a fantasy league.
zephead
6/28/08 4:49:48PM
I saw that. The main problem was, I don't let them come to the MMAPlayground after fight party's because they don't keep their pimp-hand strong. Frontin' don't work. You're either a dancer or a prancer. They be prancers.
casey64
6/28/08 5:41:23PM
Thats terrible man why wouldn't they rank the playground. Total B.S man.
kaskd
6/28/08 6:21:49PM
I'm with the group that's glad we weren't ranked. Just imagine the rush of people joining and flooding our forums with their idiocy and all spamming the exact same comment over and over getting threads to double digit page counts with only 3 original thoughts in the entire thing. I hate sherdog and it's forum idiots. Stats and fighter profiles are unmatched, but that's it. And this is by far my top mma site.
aaa9erh8er
6/28/08 7:54:18PM

Posted by kaskd

I'm with the group that's glad we weren't ranked. Just imagine the rush of people joining and flooding our forums with their idiocy and all spamming the exact same comment over and over getting threads to double digit page counts with only 3 original thoughts in the entire thing. I hate sherdog and it's forum idiots. Stats and fighter profiles are unmatched, but that's it. And this is by far my top mma site.

HMA123
6/28/08 8:42:23PM
yeah especailly outa 25.. thats bs
rice118
6/29/08 2:10:07AM
i dont care what they say... MMA PLAYGROUND # 1 in my book
MMAcca
6/29/08 5:10:34AM
I'm struggling to think of 25 websites that are better than this one!!!!!!!!

Who was in the list ? Anybody know ?
mrsmiley
6/29/08 8:40:56AM
FIGHT magazine sucks anyway.Their not worthy of our attention.
Ben_Hutch
6/29/08 9:09:10AM
Fight Magazine..........Another one of the many tools of the devil.
SpiderSilva
6/29/08 9:48:37PM
wow and I thought there was a sh!t load of new people sense I started seemed like there was like 1 to 2 thousand now there is like 10 thats a big jump with my 1 year coming up tomorrow.

Sherdog does have a guy who writes for ESPN and they have a lot of news going on and other than the dumb comercials there talk shows are okay plus everyone in the world knows sherdog