Inside MMA Poll: St. Pierre vs Penn 2 is MMA's most Anticipated Bout

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Inside MMA Poll: St. Pierre vs Penn 2 is MMA's most Anticipated Bout
MALICE
12/5/08 10:50:57PM
Of all the major fights coming up over the next two months -- and there are plenty of them -- none is more anticipated than the UFC 94 main event of Georges St. Pierre vs. B.J. Penn II.

Link
aaa9erh8er
12/5/08 10:54:34PM
the title was misleading imo. this fight tho anticipated has nothing on the liddel/silva fight that took 5 years
Greene33
12/6/08 1:08:36AM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

the title was misleading imo. this fight tho anticipated has nothing on the liddel/silva fight that took 5 years

Silva vs Liddell was a long time in the making. 5 years ago it was all MMA fans talked about...
Manfred
12/6/08 2:10:32AM

Posted by Greene33

Posted by aaa9erh8er

Silva vs Liddell was a long time in the making. 5 years ago it was all MMA fans talked about...

too. I'd also put CC/Fedor way ahead of this fight in terms of anticipation
Wolfenstein
12/6/08 2:18:26AM
There's a good argument for it being the most anticipated bout. Simply because these are two of the biggest fan favorites. GSP being #1 and BJ being #3 on the Playground favorites at least. Both fighters also have huge nuthugger followings, so essentially you have a lot of people that aren't "in-between" who they want to win, but are extremely hopeful their favorite comes out on top.

I'm really looking forward to the fight, but it's not the bout I have most been anticipating. I agree with the majority, Fedor vs Cro Cop for me was my most anticipated bout.
Pookie
12/6/08 3:23:31AM
I think that right now this is the best fight that could be put together in all of MMA.
EvenFlow
12/6/08 3:28:39AM
GSP vs BJ 2 is one of the best and most anticipated matchups in recent history and any thoughts overwise is a bit nearsided.
roman
12/6/08 5:17:25AM
You can talk about Liddell Silva all you want but it has already happened. And the biggest problem with that fight was it wasn't a title fight. I feel this is the most anticpated fight in the history of MMA. You have two of the top five pound for pound fighters going at it.

I thought it was a shame to say Couture Lesnar was going to be off the charts PPV, this one actually is (although it was impressive numbers and it was a great fight). You have best against best, and it will be a war IN A "REAL" TITLE FIGHT. Easily contender of best fight in MMA history.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/6/08 9:07:08AM

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Greene33

Posted by aaa9erh8er

cc/fedor...really? CC's probably already going to get dominated by Overeem, i can just imagine what would happen vs Fedor.
HumanTarget
12/6/08 12:18:58PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Greene33

Posted by aaa9erh8er

cc/fedor...really? CC's probably already going to get dominated by Overeem, i can just imagine what would happen vs Fedor.

He already fought fedor before and came close at some points.
prozacnation1978
12/6/08 2:06:48PM
i think since sherk vs penn i haven't been so pumped for a fight not even couture vs lesnar

still for the year the best was silva vs hendo
postman
12/6/08 6:38:56PM
This was about futre fights we know about like Evans v Griffen and Nog Mir I don't remeber who all was on the poll.
aaa9erh8er
12/6/08 7:43:55PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Manfred

Posted by Greene33

Posted by aaa9erh8er

new to mma?