Next MMA org to be in the Wager Game?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Next MMA org to be in the Wager Game?
madmarck
1/25/07 8:42:05AM
Any ideas what the next organization to be in this game will be?
Its a hard call cuz the UFC and Pride are fairly dominant now. IFL is getting pretty big but it has a different format so the betting scheme would have to be different.
KOTC is Big but in a dif way. It just has Tons of small shows a year. Those are my Two what are yours?
--Hinch--
1/25/07 8:55:27AM
I'd have personally voted for Hero's, purely because a lot of my favourites are in there.
Gomiera
1/25/07 12:00:34PM
It would actually be great if smaller orgs got some exposure here as people would do the research on fighters they probably never even heard of. Hero isn't small and is quite popular. I would agree with adding them. Others to consider are like Shooto, WEC, Cage Rage.
madmarck
1/25/07 12:10:29PM
Cage Rage is a good one. Shooto doesnt get much populairty in canada so i dont see many of their fights. Pancrace seems like it is kinda big in japan but not so here.
loller90278
1/25/07 7:52:55PM
well i hope its ifl cuz i have stocks in that!
Savy
1/26/07 3:24:08PM
Strikeforce??
punisherind
1/26/07 3:46:39PM

Posted by loller90278

well i hope its ifl cuz i have stocks in that!

i was looking into their stock a little while ago, but didnt pull the trigger. hows the stock doing?
loller90278
1/27/07 6:07:49PM
it has its ups and downs.. wouldn't reccomend buy it really..

best day was when it went public for i think $3.. then rose up to $16. now its been 13-15 ever since.. eh..

maybe right after their next event.. you never know
hippysmacker
1/27/07 6:10:54PM
IFL, and maybe WEC once their TV deal starts.
D-Boy
1/27/07 7:38:16PM
I heavily follow UK mma fighters so I would love to see cage rage in the mix. There's always some good international talent on the cards and of course the god himself James Thompson fights there.
tffdwg38
1/27/07 11:38:22PM
Shooto or WEC
the-james
1/29/07 2:49:19PM
I think it sould have heros forsure because it does have big name fighters i think WEC sould be in there too.
nate22
1/29/07 3:52:17PM
Hopefully for wagering we will be able to get as many as the orgs up as possible. For the fantasy pic em's it will be alot hard to have all the organisations on board.

Rest assured as soon as MMAmath gets the time he will get things sorted as soon as possible and there will be many fights for us all to bet on.

Hope that helps a little

Nate
Hwarang
1/29/07 4:47:50PM
Chuck Norris WCL
Stickan
1/29/07 6:13:49PM
I'd say Shooto for educational purposes. Force people to start to watch these events.
madmarck
2/5/07 1:39:45PM
I shoulda have started a poll. A muck it.
SteedTheDeed
2/8/07 11:14:19PM
K-1 or IFL.
Snacks
2/8/07 11:37:29PM
Shooto.
mrsumo
2/9/07 12:39:12AM
Shooto or ROTR. They get some good fights over there. But the one on showtime looks promising, I'll have to think about after watching on saturday.
madmarck
2/9/07 2:45:35PM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

K-1 or IFL.

K-1 is defintily a Biggie but it seems they have lost some Coverage in the MMA world. Im not sure why.
The IFL would be a good one.
cowcatcher
2/9/07 6:20:18PM
now that strikeforce has teamed with elitexc i have to lean towards them
Unkoman
2/10/07 5:01:10PM
I hope it is Heros or WEC - i like some of the fighters for ifl but the team aspect annoys the shit out of me.

You could have a totally dominent fighter and if the rest of his team sucks you don't see much of him

Fighting not about teams the closest thing should be the individual fighters coaches
madmarck
2/10/07 8:17:30PM
thats the whole concept really. The coaches are awesome fighters and the hope is that they can instill some wisdom on their fighters.
mmadb
2/10/07 10:42:03PM
The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. If it was me I'd add them in this order.

Hero's (have good fighters, events are just few and far between)
IFL (grows of me on a daily basis)
Elite XC (let's hope they become a player)
Cage Rage (solid organization)
WEC (with UFC $ nowhere to go but up)
Strikeforce (if the partnership with Elite XC works why not)
Bodog FIght (gayest name ever but hey, they got money and some decent fighters)
madmarck
2/11/07 6:50:03AM

Posted by mmadb

The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. If it was me I'd add them in this order.

Hero's (have good fighters, events are just few and far between)
IFL (grows of me on a daily basis)
Elite XC (let's hope they become a player)
Cage Rage (solid organization)
WEC (with UFC $ nowhere to go but up)
Strikeforce (if the partnership with Elite XC works why not)
Bodog FIght (gayest name ever but hey, they got money and some decent fighters)

I think if we get to many events though the wagers will get clogged. Think about it. You might have three different orgs hosting events ona weekend. You then have to decide which one you want to bet on.
mmadb
2/11/07 11:15:06AM
It wouldn't be that hard of a decision would it?

I mean, bet on the fights you're most confident about. It's not like you HAVE to bet on every fight on every card.

I do see where you're coming from though. I wouldn't want all of those added either to be honest. I think 3 more would be nice though. I was just the order in which I would add them.
gspfan31
2/11/07 10:16:56PM
after wathcing elite xc yesterday, i think that easily they can be put in the wager game
madmarck
2/12/07 8:07:37AM

Posted by gspfan31

after wathcing elite xc yesterday, i think that easily they can be put in the wager game

After One Event? UM i think that they will have to prove that they are in for the long run.