If MMA was in the olympics ........

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » If MMA was in the olympics ........
zacatack
7/4/08 12:57:25PM
what would be the teams fo countrys.
The weight classes would be feather, light weight , welterweight, middle,
light heavy, and heavy weight.

USA.
heavy- Randy Couture
light heavy- Rampage
middle weight - Rich Franklen
welter weight- Jon fitch
Light weight- BJ penn
Feather weight- Urijah Faber

Brazil.
heavy- Nogueria
light heavy- WAND
middle weight - anderson silva
welter weight- Thiago Alves
Light weight- JZ
Feather weight- Alexandre Franca Nogueira

Canada.
heavy- Krzysztof Soszynski
light heavy- rob madonald
middle weight- Kang
welter weight- GSP
Light weight- Sam Stout
Feather weight- Antonio Carvalho

Japan
heavy- Fujita
light heavy- Nakumura
middle weight- Kazuo Misaki
welter weight- mach sakurai
Light weight- Gomi
Feather weight- Kid Yamamoto

joshryanshepherd
7/4/08 1:39:11PM
why no Russians? probably couldn't find any that weigh less that 185 haha j/k but i would rather have Hendo than Rich. i love them both but i think Dan is better, just my opinion.
fedorwins1
7/4/08 2:08:38PM
If MMA was in the Olympics, wouldn't it have to be am. fighters instead of pro fighters? I know that's how they do it in boxing.
7/4/08 2:26:02PM
Im pretty sure that you can have pro fighters in the olympics now, i could be wrong ,but i'm pretty sure. Back when the Soviet union was around they had to be AM.'s in all sports witch wasn't fair to all the non- commies.
voodoo-jitsu
7/4/08 4:10:15PM
that would be sweet if it was in the olympics
pankration was an olympic event way back in the day
tommyprairie
7/4/08 4:17:56PM
Monson represents the US in Grappling
The_Ho_Bag
7/4/08 4:18:50PM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

why no Russians? probably couldn't find any that weigh less that 185 haha j/k but i would rather have Hendo than Rich. i love them both but i think Dan is better, just my opinion.

agreed Hendo would be better then franklin
postman
7/4/08 9:26:45PM
Yeah the only other change I could see is Shogun over WAND but thats kinda 1 and 1a
CCPRIDE99
7/4/08 10:39:42PM
stout vs jz would be a bad ass fight if jz kept it up
otherwise he would just run over stout
and jz vs bj would be sweet too
cmill21
7/4/08 11:30:10PM
UFC woulden't let any of their fighters go, so it's a moot point.
Pitbull09
7/5/08 12:43:57AM
Yea, if they had it in the olympics, it would be amatuer fighters. Not Pro
TimW001
7/5/08 12:47:53AM

Posted by postman

Yeah the only other change I could see is Shogun over WAND but thats kinda 1 and 1a

Could throw Machida in there too.
jiujitsufreak74
7/5/08 1:09:19AM
switch Gomi with Aoki for the Japanese LW.

Gomi is overrated and he has no gas tank as of late. he wouldn't be able to go through an Olympic event. nuthugger or not i feel that Aoki would be the best candidate for Japan because he has proven that he can submit some of the best, fight within short periods of time and has proven that he can fight multiple fights in one night. Just imagine Aoki vs JZ 3 or Aoki vs BJ...it would be insane!

plus, imagine what his pants would look like if he was representing japan...who knows what we would see
The_Ho_Bag
7/5/08 1:12:26AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Gomi is overrated and he has no gas tank as of late. he wouldn't be able to go through an Olympic event. nuthugger or not i feel that Aoki would be the best candidate for Japan because he has proven that he can submit some of the best, fight within short periods of time and has proven that he can fight multiple fights in one night. Just imagine Aoki vs JZ 3 or Aoki vs BJ...it would be insane!

plus, imagine what his pants would look like if he was representing japan...who knows what we would see

GoddaAYUM u Nick lmfao ur such a nutthugger =p
bigbubbano23
7/5/08 1:18:02AM
i love mma but i think it's got no place in the olympics. i know everyone on this site such as myself is obssesd with mma, but think of what it would be like if fedor or diego sanchez ever one a gold medal. we would never hear the end of it.
jiujitsufreak74
7/5/08 1:27:05AM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

tell me you disagree
The_Ho_Bag
7/5/08 1:29:38AM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

tell me you disagree

Not at a ll =p

byw i mad shinya aokin in mortal kombat =)
jiujitsufreak74
7/5/08 1:34:15AM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Not at a ll =p

you better have made those pants epic or i'll be disappointed
The_Ho_Bag
7/5/08 1:49:58AM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Not at a ll =p

you better have made those pants epic or i'll be disappointed

yess they are =]

they are yellow
cloud301336
7/5/08 1:59:28AM
i think the light heavy for brazil would be Lyoto other then that eveything is okay to me.