MMA in the MSM Watch: Britain's Most Respected Paper Covers UFC 100, Makes Huge Glaring Factual Error

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » MMA in the MSM Watch: Britain's Most Respected Paper Covers UFC 100, Makes Huge Glaring Factual Error
emfleek
7/17/09 8:22:52AM
I was pretty excited to see that the prestigious Financial Times had a feature article on UFC 100. The text itself is fine enough:

Last Saturday’s event is expected to have generated more than 1.3m pay-per-view sales, with each buyer paying $44.95 to watch three tightly contested bouts. It was broadcast live or nearly live in 70 countries.

STORY
bootyclause
7/17/09 8:49:40AM
a HUGE glaring error would be like when that German boxing writer claimed UFC fights end in maiming or death.

Captioning a picture with the wrong names is more of a minor error. I can live with it.
dangerfield
7/17/09 8:50:08AM
That's pretty lame!

The only people who read the FT are cityboys and posers anyway its far britain's most respected braodsheet, The Times is than the Telegraph.
shevtheman
7/17/09 9:56:01AM

Posted by dangerfield

That's pretty lame!

The only people who read the FT are cityboys and posers anyway its far britain's most respected braodsheet, The Times is than the Telegraph.

Agreed, its the wideboys paper.
Rush
7/17/09 10:39:03AM
LOL

I still can't get over how any fan of MMA can mistake Bisping for Bisbing. That's like calling the Star Wars character Hans Solo. lol

When I first saw the article I immediately thought that the error printed was that Bisping won his fight.