Using MMA math and logic,can we conclude Big Tim would beat Fedor?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Using MMA math and logic,can we conclude Big Tim would beat Fedor?
mrsmiley
2/3/08 6:55:56PM
Could it be true?

Big Nog loses to Fedor twice,and beats Syliva.
Therefore,does this mean if Syliva fought Fedor he would take him?

I know it can't be proven,but I just thought it was something interesting to bring up.In comparison to the whole Rampage loses to Silva twice,beats Liddell twice,then Silva loses to Liddell.

Just curious to see what you guys think of the very strange logic of how some fights end up.
jomatty
2/3/08 6:58:54PM
a very very good example of why mmmath doesnt work at all...
juanez13
2/3/08 7:04:36PM

Posted by jomatty

a very very good example of why mmmath doesnt work at all...

exactly, other examples being henderson beats W.silva, if we do MMAmath hendrson should have beaten ramage, just doesnt work, and the time it does work, its more coincidence than anything, styles make matches, and that makes the most difference...
Pookie
2/3/08 7:23:30PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Could it be true?

I know it can't be proven,but I just thought it was something interesting to bring up.In comparison to the whole Rampage loses to Silva twice,beats Liddell twice,then Silva loses to Liddell.

Just curious to see what you guys think of the very strange logic of how some fights end up.

Is there a typo in there, because it doesnt make sense

Fedor > Big Nog > Sylvia

how does sylvia end up beating fedor from that equation?

puppetmaster837
2/3/08 8:06:59PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by mrsmiley

Could it be true?

Fedor > Big Nog > Sylvia

You and me are on the same boat. I was trying to figure out how losing to one guy that lost to another guy means you can beat the top guy.
Pookie
2/3/08 8:12:56PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

Posted by Pookie

Posted by mrsmiley

Could it be true?

Fedor > Big Nog > Sylvia

You and me are on the same boat. I was trying to figure out how losing to one guy that lost to another guy means you can beat the top guy.

Hmm... maybe its the 2 negatives make a positve theory.

but then it wouldnt be MMAmath, it would be MMalgebra
mrsmiley
2/3/08 8:28:07PM
LOL.True

It's based on the fact that Rampage lost to Wanderlei Silva twice.He then beat Chuck Liddell twice.Then Liddell came out and beat Silva who had beaten Rampage twice.

Their are some other examples of it,but I have to remeber which fights they were.
puppetmaster837
2/3/08 11:03:15PM

Posted by mrsmiley

LOL.True

It's based on the fact that Rampage lost to Wanderlei Silva twice.He then beat Chuck Liddell twice.Then Liddell came out and beat Silva who had beaten Rampage twice.

Their are some other examples of it,but I have to remeber which fights they were.

We know what it is but Sylvia, Nog, and Fedor doesn't work. Because it would have to go. Nog beats Fedor, then loses to Sylvia. But Fedor beat Nog, then Nog beat Sylvia, which puts them all in order of 1-2-3
Pitbull09
2/3/08 11:05:45PM
I was going to bring up the Chuck/Rampage/Wandy thing but you did. I dont think Tim could
cmill21
2/3/08 11:07:32PM
No, fedor would take tim down and unleash what some call ground and pound but I call raping of the face.
Pookie
2/3/08 11:25:50PM

Posted by cmill21

No, fedor would take tim down and unleash what some call ground and pound but I call raping of the face.

In russia, Face rapes you....
jiujitsufreak74
2/3/08 11:52:43PM
well using logic no, but in MMAth fedor actually wins unless you use this equation:

Sylvia > Ricco Rodriguez > TK > Fedor

but that contradicts the equation: Fedor > Nog > Sylvia

anyway the bottom line here is MMAth doesn't work
jiujitsufreak74
2/4/08 12:25:00AM
just another funny MMAth equation for you guys; why Travis Fulton would beat Fedor

Fulton > Cabbage > Eilers > Mike Kyle > TK > Fedor

-------------------------------THUS-------------------------------

Fulton > Fedor

Its fun to see how this stuff doesn't work
cmill21
2/4/08 12:41:11AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

just another funny MMAth equation for you guys; why Travis Fulton would beat Fedor

Fulton > Cabbage > Eilers > Mike Kyle > TK > Fedor

-------------------------------THUS-------------------------------

Fulton > Fedor

Its fun to see how this stuff doesn't work

I saw one that showed Kid yamamoto can beat fedor according to MMA math lol.
THE_DRiZzLE
2/4/08 9:31:05AM
yeah.. according to MMA math my 8 year old son can beat me up.. seems legit to me..
Smd277
2/4/08 9:51:02AM
wekk yeah mmath doesnt work but i wouldnt say fedor would have his way with tim. tim always fights contenders he lost to the best, nog cotoure, mir, he is strong as all hell and a great reach he may not look good in all fights but if he fought nog then i think he could beat him, tim can beat anybody the only thing is he doesnt.
StevenSeagal
2/4/08 1:33:57PM
I still wanna know how the original poster got his equation??
jiujitsufreak74
2/4/08 2:00:31PM

Posted by StevenSeagal

i showed you:

the original poster was using am ore of an ironic style to make a joke it seems alluding to the rampage, silva, liddel love triangle going on.
mrsmiley
2/4/08 2:25:54PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by StevenSeagal

i showed you:

the original poster was using am ore of an ironic style to make a joke it seems alluding to the rampage, silva, liddel love triangle going on.

Exactly.

bayonetxwork
2/4/08 5:50:32PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by mrsmiley

Could it be true?

Fedor > Big Nog > Sylvia

Yeah I have no clue where he learned math at...I must of read it over like 3 times and was like WTF every time
jiujitsufreak74
2/4/08 9:07:00PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Pookie

Posted by mrsmiley

Could it be true?

Fedor > Big Nog > Sylvia

Yeah I have no clue where he learned math at...I must of read it over like 3 times and was like WTF every time

O.K...one more time for you guys. mrsmiley was making a joking reference to the whole rampage, liddell, silva situation and alluded that using that situation as a guideline you can say sylvia would beat fedor. it really isn't that hard, i tried to explain it, maybe i am just incoherent or something...
Pookie
2/4/08 9:24:01PM
it clicked when you mentioned "alluding to..." for some reason.

lol you dont have to explain it to me anymore jjfreak