MMA Masters (Preview)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » MMA Masters (Preview)
Lord_Lenny
1/13/08 3:29:07PM
This is the preview from National Geographic's show about MMA. It looks like its going to be good quality. Slow motion cameras capturing four of my favorite fighters (Bas, Tito, Lister, Couture). It looks like an intelligent look at the sport.

Link

Airs: Sunday, January 27 8PM et/pt
Lord_Lenny
1/13/08 3:52:47PM
My bad, looks like its already been posted
jomatty
1/13/08 8:35:45PM
looks interesting but kinda strange choice in test subjects. bas and randy ok, but new does tito bring? id rather see someone with real dynamite hands replace him. i dont know what sort of testing they are going to do but i suppose they need some bjj black belt and lister is a good choice for that i guess but they kept showing him throwing the left hook and knowing how hard lister throws a left hook is somewhat meaningless. i guess it will be interesting to hear them say somehting ilke "that armbar had the force to break human bones ten times over".

anyhow it does look to be an interesting show and you can bet ill set the tivo...
Boo_Radley21
1/13/08 9:02:40PM
I agree that they should have got someone who is known to have knockout power in their hands and feet. Cro Cop would be perfect for strikes.
TimW001
1/13/08 9:09:15PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I agree that they should have got someone who is known to have knockout power in their hands and feet. Cro Cop would be perfect for strikes.

Or Anderson Silva...I doubt CC would want to do this unless the show was exclusivley Croation.
Boo_Radley21
1/13/08 10:40:19PM
Perhaps... It would still be cool though. See how much force is behind one of Cro Cop's left high kicks or left straights.
jomatty
1/14/08 1:44:23AM
what you mean your not waiting anxiously to see how powerful dean listers left hook is?
Manfred
1/14/08 4:52:15AM
Can you imagine the measurements on CC's LHK?? If Tito's standing elbow can cause a concussion .....
raider8
1/14/08 6:41:49PM

Posted by Manfred

Can you imagine the measurements on CC's LHK?? If Tito's standing elbow can cause a concussion .....

That would be great to find out!