MMA Live

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » MMA Live
spikerman19
8/1/09 5:37:54PM
How long will it take to be placed on regular rotaion on ESPN tv.
DCRage
8/1/09 5:54:53PM
It doesn't air on TV. Online only.
mkiv9secsupra
8/1/09 6:25:56PM
Honestly, 3-5 years minimum imo. Dont expect a regular MMA spot on a sportscast show anytime soon.

It will take time for all 50 states to sanction the sport and millions of fans to raise the sport. Not to mention the fact that it is the fastest growing sport, NOT the nearly the most popular sport,

Just give it time and all our wishes for mma will come true
State_Champ
8/1/09 6:32:23PM
I know! I so hope this show goes on ESPN television soon. I would not miss and episode if it did. I really like this show a lot, but i can only watch it if I'm somewhere that has a fast internet connnection because my house has dial-up.
I agree that MMA will need to be sanctioned by all states before MMA Live will air on TV.
sclasclemski
8/1/09 8:30:22PM
I say in plus or minus a year ...if bellator shows up on ESPN2 or UFC gets some more exposure on ESPN then MMA live landing on a station will not be far behind.
bojangalz
8/1/09 9:30:23PM
There is still a possibility of ESPN/ABC inking a broadcast network deal with the UFC within the next few weeks. If that happens you'll see MMA live pushed to ESPN TV almost immediately. My guess is it'll air prior to Around the Horn and PTI on Thrusdays, and I wouldn't be suprised to see it run bi-weekly as well.

This is a BIG reason why MMA fans should be clammering for Fedor to sign with Strikeforce. CBS has already stated that they would help foot the bill to bring him in on a 3 fight deal. If that happens ABC will almost certainly counter with UFC programming. And that in turn will boost MMA coverage on the ESPN family of networks; including TV airing of MMA live.

With all the big business that has happened in the last two weeks, there is still some very signifigant happenings out there that could drastically shape the immediate future of our sport.

Fingers crossed.
hippysmacker
8/1/09 9:59:04PM
This week swith Rashad was hilarious When he was telling stories about Tyson and his mom, and then doing impressions I was dying laughing. She even called in and messed with him. "Rashad? Rashad, what did I tell you? Don't let him dominate your will "
king_katool
8/1/09 11:06:50PM

Posted by hippysmacker

This week swith Rashad was hilarious When he was telling stories about Tyson and his mom, and then doing impressions I was dying laughing. She even called in and messed with him. "Rashad? Rashad, what did I tell you? Don't let him dominate your will "

i thought he did a pretty good mike tyson, and his reaction when he heard his mom's voice was priceless haha, awesome episode, TUF10 is going to be epic