MMA lesser known facts and trivia

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » MMA lesser known facts and trivia
« Previous Page
mrsmiley
6/8/09 2:37:37PM
Bob Sapp made the cover of Japans version of TIME Magazine.
Rabi
6/8/09 6:49:54PM
Im not sue if this one has already been said or not, if it has im sorry for repeating.

I have just watched the Ed Norten film Incredible Hulk and notice a cameo performance from Rickson Gracie.

runningman08
6/19/09 6:03:25PM
that must suck for ken shamrocks student. I wonder if ken ever thanked him.
runningman08
6/22/09 12:09:53AM
I had no clue chuck was acting when he was 12. I love seeing these facts.
bigbubbano23
8/31/09 6:23:45PM
mario yamaskai is a third degree jiu jitsu black belt and runs his own academy
george112
9/5/09 6:36:04PM
sorry if this is a repost (prolly is)

but was watching Jackass and noticed Rampage was ina episode trying to teach Ryan Dunn how to kick or do a takedown or something.

just thought id share
Brain_Smasher
9/17/09 2:34:00PM
Tank and Wallid wasnt really a fight. Wallid blind sided Tank with a sucker punch and ran away. The all hell broke lose.

Tank Abbott and Allan Goes actually got in a fight in the croud at one of the UFC's. Tank was suspended and didnt get to fight Gary Goodrich. So Tanks wrestling coach, Paul Herrera stepped in.

Dana White was on a sports talk show. A 260 lb NFL Pro Bowl Defensive Lineman from the Buccaneers started claiming the UFC guys where bums and he could beat all of them. Dana invited him to grapple 170 lb Gil Castilo. Gil Castilo submited him 4 times in 4 minutes.
emfleek
9/17/09 2:46:04PM

Posted by Brain_Smasher

Dana White was on a sports talk show. A 260 lb NFL Pro Bowl Defensive Lineman from the Buccaneers started claiming the UFC guys where bums and he could beat all of them. Dana invited him to grapple 170 lb Gil Castilo. Gil Castilo submited him 4 times in 4 minutes.

Any idea who the lineman was?
george112
9/17/09 3:25:46PM

Posted by Brain_Smasher

Tank and Wallid wasnt really a fight. Wallid blind sided Tank with a sucker punch and ran away. The all hell broke lose.

Tank Abbott and Allan Goes actually got in a fight in the croud at one of the UFC's. Tank was suspended and didnt get to fight Gary Goodrich. So Tanks wrestling coach, Paul Herrera stepped in.

you wouldnt be talking about the Jim Rome show would you?
Brain_Smasher
9/17/09 6:01:34PM
His name was John McLaughlin. He made the pro bowl that year. I found the video on youtube surprisingly. Back when this happened. MMAweekly.com was the only site with the video and you had to be a paid member of their site to see it. That was when i saw it.

But here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRpwbA75Fc4
Brain_Smasher
9/17/09 7:03:27PM
Some more things that may fit on the list.

Tank Abbott was on an episode of "Friends".
Tank was Vanilla Ice's coach on Celebrity Boxing.
Steve Jenum was a cop. They referred to him as the Super Cop.
Undefeated former UFC fighter Phillip Miller is a cop.
Jason Lambert was a cop until recent when he started putting more time into MMA.
John Lewis got his jaw broken by the 1 punch KO from Jens Pulver. I remember an interview at the time where Lewis said he got caught with his mouth open.
Phil Baroni had many matches on FSN's Toughman Contest. Doing very well verses the guys who made it to the finals. Called himself a
"Full contact fighter" and almost got in a real fight with his opponent after beign screwed by the judges.
Brain_Smasher
9/17/09 7:22:08PM
Marco Ruas was in one of the "Kickboxer" movies as body guard of a crime boss.
The UFC back in the SEG days was featured in the movie "Virtuosity" along with Ken Shamrock.
Boo_Radley21
1/19/10 12:22:34AM
Titties is in the military, didn't see that so I thought I'd add it.
haggiswashere
2/22/10 10:40:51PM
Marcus "Big Baby" Jones was eighth in the nfl in sacks in 2000
Chael_Sonnen
5/25/10 4:14:47PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Please don't hurt my son haha!

That is awesome!! Great post
DutchRebelP
1/16/11 2:59:50PM
some nice ones haha ring the bell when Igor gets angry!!! but actualy it wasnt the thruth i read in a interview where they asked him this question, but they shouldve!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]