MMA King's Quest: Quarterfinals RD2

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » MMA King's Quest: Quarterfinals RD2
Wolfenstein
7/16/08 12:02:46PM
Round 2 begins s the fantasy tournament continues in an attempt to crown the greatest MMA fighter of all time.

Link
Aaronno9
7/16/08 1:05:53PM
Do people really think faber would beat ortiz?
Wolfenstein
7/16/08 1:17:03PM
They are going with the assumption that they would be evenly matched in weight. Basically if Faber was really a 205lb fighter would he beat Ortiz. Personnally even if he was I think Ortiz would have been a bad matchup. So I voted for Ortiz.

I also felt a few other guys should have gotten the nod, such as...

Rickson Gracie over Rutten
Barnett over Couture
Cro Cop over Jackson
krthll1
7/16/08 11:40:16PM

Posted by luke420187

They are going with the assumption that they would be evenly matched in weight. Basically if Faber was really a 205lb fighter would he beat Ortiz. Personnally even if he was I think Ortiz would have been a bad matchup. So I voted for Ortiz.

I also felt a few other guys should have gotten the nod, such as...

Rickson Gracie over Rutten
Barnett over Couture
Cro Cop over Jackson

Yeah really how in the heck could you vote for Couture as he has already lost to Barnett.
RNC
7/18/08 3:31:50AM
This is because people aren't educated.

Liddell has twice as many votes vs Jackson, and it even says right there that Rampage has beaten him twice. Liddell is also ranked more than ten spots higher than Rampage so I don't understand that either.
BigPappa
7/18/08 10:26:23AM
Couture would school barnett if they were both in their primes!!!!!!!!!
but i do agree that this thing is a little weird:
liddel wouldn't beat rampage.
rutten wouldn't beat rickson.
but the poll itself is kind of confusing as it is titled "the greatest mma fighter of all time" and so even if someone might be considered the best fighter they may still lose against a certain opponent and thus be eliminated from the poll. Royce Gracie would lose to Anderson Silva (IMO) but i think he's the greater fighter overall because of how he pioneered the sport.

then again, maybe i'm just confused about what the poll is asking.
correct if i'm wrong