MMA's Hardest Hitters

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » MMA's Hardest Hitters
OctagonOnly_com
7/18/12 4:05:50PM
Scott Harris at bleacher/report posted an article/list of the top 25 hardest hitters in MMA, you can view the posting here:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1251721-the-25-pound-for-pound-hardest-hitters-in-mma-today

Any thoughts on who was left off, and who should have been left off his list?

I personally think Yamamoto could of been off the list do to his inability to show said power as of late, and Antonio Silva as it is a pound for pound heavy hitter, and if he weren't so big I don't think his power would carry over; I mean yeah he finished Fedor by TKO, but it's not like his power put Fedor out, a lot of it was just keeping control of him with his size.

While my two additions aren't very inventive, they really should be on the list. Anderson Silva knocks guys out ALL the time, and while he may not do it by swinging for the fences, the guy obviously must hit hard.

The second is Jose Aldo, the guy doesn't just TKO guys, he KO's them; most recently he just floored an unbeaten Mendes.

Other mention:While he hasn't been super successful lately, it doesn't change the fact that Anthony Johnson packs a ton of power. Who knows what kind of damage we will do seeing him fight at 205.
infestructure
7/18/12 4:33:29PM
Fully agree with Aldo. The guy has KO power in a division lacking in it.
frizzzlecake
7/18/12 6:18:34PM
Idk I thought the list had the right guys but i wouldn't agree with the standings.

They said they don't count Knees and kicks as highly(look at Reem's Place), that's why I think Aldo wasn't on the list. His best combo is that leg combo so nasttty.

Mark Hunt not in top ten, all the guy does is knock people these days? yet he's in the back? Lavar Johnson is in the back of the pack are you kidding?

The biggest out cry I have is...... WHERE THE HELL IS BRIAN STANN? Dude KO'd Skara in half guard, Slapped Leben around.

Also Bigfoot Silva top 15 really?:/

Whatever it's bleacher
hotrodttt
7/18/12 6:54:36PM
Cisco Rivera needs to be on this list, hands down. Munoz p4p doesn't hit as hard
OctagonOnly_com
7/18/12 7:30:08PM
What do y'all think, if Carwin finishes Nelson off does he move ahead of at least JDS or is it a product of all the shots Nelson's previously taken catching up with him?
aussiemma
7/18/12 10:13:58PM
i would have thought anderson would have been up there ? he ko'd forrest with a jab.
Pookie
7/18/12 10:31:52PM
Off Top of the head, Stopping power compared to natural size, Top 25.

Fedor
Junior
Carwin
Mark Hunt
Shogun
Anderson Silva
Vitor Belfort
Bj Penn
Jose Aldo
Ellenberger
Kharitonov
Overeem
Dan Henderson
Lil Nog
Stann
Leben
Wanderlei
Constantinos
Melvin Manhoef
Marquardt
Siyar Bahadurzada
Paul Daley
Eddie Alvarez
Melvin Guillard
Jeremy Stephens
BuffaloDave
7/18/12 10:38:59PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Whatever it's bleacher

It's why I can't even be bothered to read the article.
State_Champ
7/18/12 10:56:59PM

Posted by OctagonOnly_com

What do y'all think, if Carwin finishes Nelson off does he move ahead of at least JDS or is it a product of all the shots Nelson's previously taken catching up with him?

I already have him ahead of JDS.
Boo_Radley21
7/19/12 3:49:29PM
No Andy is dumb. I was thinking its stupid theres no chuck either but then i realized its active fighters. sometimes im in denial that hes gone
hotrodttt
7/21/12 2:52:51AM
I'm a little surprised that Anthony Johnson isn't on the list
Pookie
7/21/12 3:18:02AM

Posted by hotrodttt

I'm a little surprised that Anthony Johnson isn't on the list

On my list at least, its because i think he has average power for a LHW.
hymiekooken
7/22/12 11:21:30AM
Uh.......Vitor..... why wasnt he on there, granted he doesnt have a lot of one punch stoppages, but thats because he hits you 3 or 4 more times before you even have a chance to fall.